Felony Arrma felony upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Falcon730

Reaction score
Just got mamba monster 8s castle 1717 combo for my felony. Still using stock spectrum radio receiver. Have problem where it binds but steering wheel is controlling wheels. Then when you switch positions in reciever boc you get steering with wheel but no acceleration with trigger

Make sure your servo is plugged into channel 1. ESC in channel 2.

For Castle ESC calibration, you have to wait for the receiver to fully power on (which takes a while with a Spektrum AVC receiver). Then hold the trigger full throttle right at that moment - that starts the ESC calibration procedure.

The ESC will blink green a few times while you’re holding full throttle.

When it turns red, hold full brake.

When it turns yellow, let the trigger go to neutral.

That should be all you have to do. It’s a bit tricky unfortunately.

Make sure your servo is plugged into channel 1. ESC in channel 2.

For Castle ESC calibration, you have to wait for the receiver to fully power on (which takes a while with a Spektrum AVC receiver). Then hold the trigger full throttle right at that moment - that starts the ESC calibration procedure.

The ESC will blink green a few times while you’re holding full throttle.

When it turns red, hold full brake.

When it turns yellow, let the trigger go to neutral.

That should be all you have to do. It’s a bit tricky unfortunately.
Ok I'm a try this tomorrow see if it works I'm good putting things together but this binding crap always gives me a problem

Ok I'm a try this tomorrow see if it works I'm good putting things together but this binding crap always gives me a problem
Update found out that I had them plugged in wrong on servo. It's slot 2 and 3 for steering and servo. Got 22 pinion gear bashed on 6s till I get my 8 s lipos motor was cold didn't even get warm

In using wheel speed calculators I found that the GP5 configuration up front with 100mm and GP6 configuration with 107mm tires produces a difference in wheel speed. This difference ostensibly has to be compensated by the differential. However, if I put a GP5 input gear in place of the rear GP6 input everything becomes almost equal. Can someone confirm this?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back