Fireteam Arrma FIRETEAM 1/7th Scale Speed Assault Vehicle

Currently reading:
Fireteam Arrma FIRETEAM 1/7th Scale Speed Assault Vehicle

DaniC

Reaction score
I don't own any Arrmas yet but I've been watching from the sidelines for a long time debating between the Kraton or the Outcast but now this Fireteam beast is really tickling my wallet and this might be the thing that finally gets me into Arrma. Seems like a pretty good basher, but still it's very scale, a scale basher. Love it so far, we'll see in a couple of months when there's more reviews and stuff, but I think it'll be a success and it will attract a lot of new customers.

Arrma15T68

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Notorious
  4. Outcast 6s
1:7 scale. 1:8 scale diffs. 6s.
1/5 scale price. It’s $995 at my lhs.

My thoughts should have been full 1/7 scale as advertised. 1/5 scale diffs and 8s.

I’d call it a fail for me I won’t be buying one. It’s not worth what they want. It’s a abortion if parts that came out of the Arrma bin.
Maybe they should have named it Frankenteam or Frankenstein Assault.
I couldn’t have said it better.
I never thought of it that way but yea you have a point. $800 bucks with little people,,, geez

Steve B in Vegas

Another day at work.
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave EXB
  2. Senton 3s
This is one of the many cars that I see almost as many "pros" as "cons" when I think on it. Unlike the Mojave EXB ( which is the sliced bread in my RC suite ), I'm struggling to figure out which side of the fence I'm on with this.

I also have no idea why I'm bothered to find that for all intents, it's a stretched Kraton with a different body. I have never liked the Kraton ( I think it looks goofy ), but I respect it's durability. I've been wanting an open-wheel something that would match my Mojave, and so far this is the closest thing. Like many here, I may wait until a sale or even until black Friday. I just hope that we collectively develop a different interior. That's a no-go for me.

If they did an EXB roller, the I'd absolutely jump on that. I realize a true kit will never be in the cards for an ARRMA product.

Megasty

RC Mod-Father
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Mojave
  6. Mojave EXB
  7. Nero
  8. Notorious
  9. Outcast 8s
  10. Outcast 6s
  11. Senton 6s
  12. Talion
Yeah, almost enough to send a guy back to Traxxas…
Not when they put reskin a Stampede & call it a Hoss :rolleyes: This is not Hoss level nonsense yet but if they are up to crap like this, then the sky's the limit to how much crap they can pull. This one just have too many gimmicks. They would of did better just putting a MT body on it. They could of even made a Pro-MT type 1/10 6s or a truggified Typhon if they wanted to recycle parts.

Dubbl-A

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Typhon 6s
I would love to use these wheels/tires on my Kraton.

Clubin

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Kraton EXB
  4. Outcast 8s
  5. Outcast 6s
  6. Vorteks
$950 cad at my local hobby shop. Steep price considering it’s missing lots of the fancy bits. Plus crap servos.

Moirae

Beauty & Beast
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Limitless
  3. Kraton EXB
  4. Mojave EXB
  5. Notorious
  6. Talion
  7. Typhon 6s
  8. Typhon 3s
I think I might be in if they ever do an exb. I'm also wondering how much those tires weigh and how they'd do on a talion.

Matt05

Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Kraton EXB
Not when they put reskin a Stampede & call it a Hoss :rolleyes: This is not Hoss level nonsense yet but if they are up to crap like this, then the sky's the limit to how much crap they can pull. This one just have too many gimmicks. They would of did better just putting a MT body on it. They could of even made a Pro-MT type 1/10 6s or a truggified Typhon if they wanted to recycle parts.

Reskin a stampede and call it a hoss, that’s terrible of Traxxas to do such a thing.

Outcast…Notorious

The Traxxas bashing gets so old on here when Horizon literally does the EXACT same things, just enjoy the hobby.

Megasty

RC Mod-Father
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Mojave
  6. Mojave EXB
  7. Nero
  8. Notorious
  9. Outcast 8s
  10. Outcast 6s
  11. Senton 6s
  12. Talion
Reskin a stampede and call it a hoss, that’s terrible of Traxxas to do such a thing.

Outcast…Notorious

The Traxxas bashing gets so old on here when Horizon literally does the EXACT same things, just enjoy the hobby.
No can do, hype & gimmicks does nothing for me when you still have to unload a ton just to make something bashable. If you look back, we bashed Arrma back then pretty hard for the Outcast-Noto thing. No amount of crap goes unscathed here. When you settle for crap, you might as well give them your whole wallet.

Matt05

Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Kraton EXB
No can do, hype & gimmicks does nothing for me when you still have to unload a ton just to make something bashable. If you look back, we bashed Arrma back then pretty hard for the Outcast-Noto thing. No amount of crap goes unscathed here. When you settle for crap, you might as well give them your whole wallet.

Upgrade to make bashable, like an m2c chassis, shock towers, hinge blocks, and shock stand offs?

Megasty

RC Mod-Father
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Mojave
  6. Mojave EXB
  7. Nero
  8. Notorious
  9. Outcast 8s
  10. Outcast 6s
  11. Senton 6s
  12. Talion
Upgrade to make bashable, like an m2c chassis, shock towers, hinge blocks, and shock stand offs?
Yep, you forgot diff cases, wheel hexes, chassis braces, etc. This thing is $750, after all of that, it'll be $1100-1200, the same amount I have in my 1st O8S EXB . . .

Just think would of happen if we didn't keep complaining about the STX2, that POS would still be in trucks today. That POS was good for was sending your rig into a tree. Arrma does eventually listen to us. It just takes a ton of complaining. Not surprisingly, Trx has started to listen as well. The V2 Maxx came straight from complaining & there might be a V3 X-Maxx in the future too.