Fireteam Arrma FIRETEAM 1/7th Scale Speed Assault Vehicle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure why blokes are blowing up about the Action Figures. If we’re being completely honest here, these cars are toys at the end of the day whether there’s a figurine in there or not 🤷‍♂️…… Accept it 😎

If the car handles anything like the Yeti XL with Arrma running gear………. She’ll go alright.

View attachment 194667

View attachment 194668

View attachment 194669
It’s not the little guys in there so much. It’s that they have little guns and that. I like the realistic driver look. Nice XL Yeti I had one too great rc for all the flak they get they sure are fun to drive. But your right its Not such a big deal now. I kind of wished they gave a bettter radio with the truck or something.
2A567F44-DFF2-4584-A376-CA6464421E97.png

Man that $750 is steep. I'll wait on a sale. In other news, I just picked up a Team Corally Sketer, looks solid.
That is a solid looking little 4S truck!

Totally agree. I do know some people like that realistic handling characteristics and looks of the solid rear axle rigs.
But as far as straight up blasting, nothings gonna beat 4 wheel independents! (y) If I had the funds I would have both. LOL
+1 I've always loved the look of the Super Rock Rey, but after watching a few videos, I'd never get one. It really doesn't drive that well. 4-wheel independent suspension Arrma's drive much better. Next, it looks like the Super Rock Rey has durability issues. Finally, it's a really bad jumper. Nose dives like crazy.

If they didn’t have the guns it would not be “fireteam”. Just a team of 4 guys awkwardly sitting together in an atv...maybe they should have golf clubs..
I don’t really care…..mabey they could rename it too just a thought. Put two guys. Make it a rock bouncer like real ones. There’s a lot of things they could do. They might as well have gold clubs it’d be just the same as what it is now no worse.

It’s not the little guys in there so much. It’s that they have little guns and that. I like the realistic driver look. Nice XL Yeti I had one too great rc for all the flak they get they sure are fun to drive. But your right its Not such a big deal now. I kind of wished they gave a bettter radio with the truck or something. View attachment 194872

That is a solid looking little 4S truck!
Nice pic of the Yeti. The black rims look sic too.
Me personally……I’d drive a car around with Tinker Bell on the Bonnet if it handled well.

Nice pic of the Yeti. The black rims look sic too.
Me personally……I’d drive a car around with Tinker Bell on the Bonnet if it handled well.
Me too really. And thanks. Im just saying it would be little cooler looking to me to have it as a competitive rock bouncer look or something like that like Axial. But then again Arrma is not really doing authentic body looks that would be more a Losi thing with the livery

Honestly, I would be happier if horizon hobby rereleased axial yeti xl than fireteam. It use to be around 500$ before it was discontinued.

I have no RC that use a single 6s battery so wondering what do you think is the lowest battery spec's recommended for use with the Fireteam?
(Obviously the battery has to handle the fireteam with a higher pinion gearing, for example 17 pinion.)

EDIT: From Arrma Fireteam webpage:

RECOMMENDED LIPO BATTERY MINIMUM CONTINUOUS DISCHARGE RATE
50C 5000mAh minimum, 100C 5000mAh recommended. IC5 Connector.

So the minimum 50C 5000mAh is with the included extra 15 tooth speed pinion gearing?

Last edited:
Should have more guns for scale...

View attachment 195239
I have no RC that use a single 6s battery so wondering what do you think is the lowest battery spec's recommended for use with the Fireteam?
(Obviously the battery has to handle the fireteam with a higher pinion gearing, for example 17 pinion.)

EDIT: From Arrma Fireteam webpage:

RECOMMENDED LIPO BATTERY MINIMUM CONTINUOUS DISCHARGE RATE
50C 5000mAh minimum, 100C 5000mAh recommended. IC5 Connector.

So the minimum 50C 5000mAh is with the included extra 15 tooth speed pinion gearing?
That probably is just a suggestion that works well. ive had a 4000mah 6S pack with 75C power my 6S rc no problem so don’t get stuck on that too much. 50C or more is probably best. Mah will be your run time or the batteries capacity fully charged. I think the Fire Team has a dual connector on the esc or loop plug option. So you should be able to use 2 - 3S lipos as well

I just read the specs on the diffs in thing......no LSD. These diffs gave me grief in my talion, kraton, mojave so I'm kind of glad they are gone. I know some guys like 'em but....meh.
cheers,
kev

I may not have taken into account all the parts, but getting a Kraton and extending it with Mojave chassis and center driveshaft looks like it will be cheaper. The difference would be the tires, roll cage body, and handbrake. From the videos I've seen, many may actually want heavier Kraton tires for more air control.
I knew it would happen. Duperdash ended up putting bigger Backflip tires on the Fireteam along with Kraton/Outcast hubs and axles. Much better air control and it also looks more stable on the ground. Once you start doing this, it's definitely cheaper to get a Kraton/Outcast and upgrade it with the Mojave chassis, center driveshaft(s), and a new body shell. I estimate around $670. Meanwhile, Duperdash's rig is now a Fireteam plus the cost of hubs, axles, and tires, around $900. Same rig except for the body and handbrake.
*EDIT: I forgot the chassis braces and longer center brace, so more like $700)

Last edited:
I knew it would happen. Duperdash ended up putting bigger Backflip tires on the Fireteam along with Kraton/Outcast hubs and axles. Much better air control and it also looks more stable on the ground. Once you start doing this, it's definitely cheaper to get a Kraton/Outcast and upgrade it with the Mojave chassis, center driveshaft(s), and a new body shell. I estimate around $670. Meanwhile, Duperdash's rig is now a Fireteam plus the cost of hubs, axles, and tires, around $900. Same rig except for the body and handbrake.

Widening it will definately be better for the huge air and full throttle run ups. Leaving it narrower would be better for dirt track bashing and tighter handling. Also adding the width and bigger tires will make it even heavier, harder on the electrics and more prone to break. If you own a Kraton (or mojo) and aren’t in love with the fireteam buggy body you can just buy the already awesome Mojave (or Kraton) exb and switch them back and forth from mojo to Kraton whenever you wish. Only takes maybe a half hour or so.

$670?
I think you’re overlooking about $300 worth of other parts that you’d need also;
Front and rear chassis braces, bumper mounts, skid plates, bumpers and side step set, front and rear shock towers, side guards, body pin set, tires …..

$670?
I think you’re overlooking about $300 worth of other parts that you’d need also;
Front and rear chassis braces, bumper mounts, skid plates, bumpers and side step set, front and rear shock towers, side guards, body pin set, tires …..
I did forget the chassis braces, so add another $14. But a Kraton or Outcast already has a bumper, shock towers, side guards, tires, etc. Almost all the other parts like the skid plates, bumpers, bumper mounts, sidestep set, etc. are specific to the Fireteam only because they integrate with the Fireteam body. The cosmetic body and its additional parts are the main reason a Fireteam costs $200+ more than building a Kraton/Outcast XL.

Last edited:
Widening it will definately be better for the huge air and full throttle run ups. Leaving it narrower would be better for dirt track bashing and tighter handling.
Agreed. If you want the Fireteam tires, it wouldn't make sense to build a Kraton/Outcast XL. You'll end up spending the same with a lot of unnecessary work. Fireteam tires also look like they resist ballooning well and are probably better at high speed than Kraton/Outcast tires.

I did forget the chassis braces, so add another $14. But a Kraton or Outcast already has a bumper, shock towers, side guards, tires, etc. Almost all the other parts like the skid plates, bumpers, bumper mounts, sidestep set, etc. are specific to the Fireteam only because they integrate with the Fireteam body. The cosmetic body and its additional parts are the main reason a Fireteam costs $200+ more than building a Kraton/Outcast XL.
You could do a hybrid of sorts for that price and do without all the extras that are specific to the fire team shell

Back