Fireteam Arrma FIRETEAM 1/7th Scale Speed Assault Vehicle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alright, i know you really like yours @StephenSchandelmayer so should i consider looking into one?
I thoroughly enjoy mine! I love everything about it especially the looks. I have driven every arrma and between myself, my brother, my neighbor, and my dad we own most of them currently. I have mine setup with a max 5 and a 5687 1100kv running a 34 pinion with a 46 spur on 6s With backflip 6s tires and it's an animal. Haven't tried 8s yet but it might just be too much. But its Very smooth, it's heavy but that helps it in some sense because bumps don't effect it as much. I don't do massive sends but I do pretty solid jumps and it handles it great. The stock tires were good but the backflips are much MUCH better grip, same height, little wider, same weight. I did have a couple spots on the panels pull through the screws but those were from multiple very harsh tumbles that went for like 15-30 feet.

I also just got panels painted by @Ajag so it's looks even more amazing now. Going to post pictures once I get some good ones

First, @Ajag is really the man when it comes to this stuff, cant wait to see what he came up with this time.
i have also driven every arrma, i own about half myself. From this it sounds like a great rig, my (not so local) LHS let me at it in the parking lot, before it was ever released (I’m in there every other day, but it was super nice of them) one thing I’m weary of is, will it hold up to the price? A kraton or a mojave is 100 dollars cheaper, is this 100 dollars better?
and also thanks for the info @StephenSchandelmayer

First, @Ajag is really the man when it comes to this stuff, cant wait to see what he came up with this time.
i have also driven every arrma, i own about half myself. From this it sounds like a great rig, my (not so local) LHS let me at it in the parking lot, before it was ever released (I’m in there every other day, but it was super nice of them) one thing I’m weary of is, will it hold up to the price? A kraton or a mojave is 100 dollars cheaper, is this 100 dollars better?
and also thanks for the info @StephenSchandelmayer
Yeah he really is!! Very well done. And as far as the price you are paying for the handbrake (which I took off) and the much more intense body than either of those, although Mojave is also a serious body. It's all subjective, comparing this to a Mojave really isn't an apples to apples comparison. Comparing to a kraton I am more than happy to pay $100 more for the body, bumpers, and size difference. Yes you can do as many others have and put a kraton on a longer chassis but the body on this, like the Mojave, makes it seem much larger. And last night when I swapped the panels to my new ones I was like damn......just that roll cage without panels looks really really awesome so I'm sure I'll be doing something with just the cage in the future. I also removed the soldiers. Removing the soldiers and handbrake took just about a pound off (I weighed them).

Yeah, for a 1/7th scale rig it doesn’t seem bad, and i have any number of aftermarket 100 dollars shells, so it isnt a big deal, seeing as the car is already 600. i think i might go for it, how good are the tyres for high speeds?

Yeah, for a 1/7th scale rig it doesn’t seem bad, and i have any number of aftermarket 100 dollars shells, so it isnt a big deal, seeing as the car is already 600. i think i might go for it, how good are the tyres for high speeds?
Exactly! And considering that even from Jenny's the body is $170 it makes sense. I never gps'd the speed but if I had to guess I probably took them somewhere between 50-60 ish and they were doing a good amount of ballooning. I really only ran them like 3 or 4 times before getting backflips. I love the look of the tires but I could tell I was losing a lot of speed from them just spinning so much
If only Arrma would release a fireteam roller!! That would get me to buy!! Doesn't even need to be an EXB either! HaHa
Sell the electronics!! I still have mine simply because I have been too lazy to sell them but I plan to

Bought a Mojave chassis and built the Notorious on top. Had to buy the bumper parts. Added a 4985 1650kv Hobbywing motor. So it's basically like a Mojave or Fireteam but with the wider suspension arms. Added an unbreakable body to it as it has no support in the middle. Plus Backflip LPs. Really fun to drive, jump and backflip. Bent the towers with 15meter jumps. Bent them back, all fine.

20220326_130011.jpg

20220326_020556_001.jpg

20220405_203328.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, i would buy the roller immeasurably fast, i don't even mind if it were a slider, since 8s kraton tires would rock on it. Sell that for about 400 dollars, and it’ll be the next best car they make, but i gotta admit thought’s on the fireteam have been going up.

Exactly! And considering that even from Jenny's the body is $170 it makes sense. I never gps'd the speed but if I had to guess I probably took them somewhere between 50-60 ish and they were doing a good amount of ballooning. I really only ran them like 3 or 4 times before getting backflips. I love the look of the tires but I could tell I was losing a lot of speed from them just spinning so much

Sell the electronics!! I still have mine simply because I have been too lazy to sell them but I plan to
That's my problem, I never sell anything🤣
I hate trying to sell stuff,I just end up sitting on it forever..having the spare motor and esc never hurts..it's just these damned rtr radios that are literally laying everywhere in the garage that drives me nuts!!🤣🤣

Bought a Mojave chassis and built the Notorious on top. Had to buy the bumper parts. Added a 4985 1650kv Hobbywing motor. So it's basically like a Mojave or Fireteam but with the wider suspension arms. Added an unbreakable body to it as it has no support in the middle. Plus Backflip LPs. Really fun to drive, jump and backflip. Bent the towers with 15meter jumps. Bent them back, all fine.

View attachment 210177

View attachment 210178
Now that build looks mental, and fast. Do large tyres expand any less at speed?
That's my problem, I never sell anything🤣
I hate trying to sell stuff,I just end up sitting on it forever..having the spare motor and esc never hurts..it's just these damned rtr radios that are literally laying everywhere in the garage that drives me nuts!!🤣🤣
Omg the crap DX3 and SLT3 radios are laying everywhere, great for slower rigs though.

Driving in thick sand mostly with it. So I maxed the top speed at about 70km/h. Everything more just results in too much tire spinning and lower drive time. So I can't say much about tires expanding. They expand a bit in front in a wheely. Center oil at 300k. Front 50K, rear 20k.
The car handles really well, better than a Kraton with the same oil setup.

Yeah, i would buy the roller immeasurably fast, i don't even mind if it were a slider, since 8s kraton tires would rock on it. Sell that for about 400 dollars, and it’ll be the next best car they make, but i gotta admit thought’s on the fireteam have been going up.
8s tires??? Lol damn I never even began to think about. That would be interesting.

Alright, so nothing at 45mph, hard to speedrun (or just go fast) on something like a beach, but feeling those tires they look good.

Alright, so nothing at 45mph, hard to speedrun (or just go fast) on something like a beach, but feeling those tires they look good.
It really depends on your use case. I greatly enjoy the stock FT running 6S over (very) rough terrain. The stock car isnt well suited for high jumps and aerobatics. Of course you can modify the FT to better handle those type of scenario’s. It‘s also quite durable, the FT has been my (near) daily driver since February. I drive it hard, some small jumps, cartwheel, rooftop landings and the occasional deadstop on a well hidden rock or tree stump, but no crazy kamikaze stuff. So far I’ve had to replace;
* battery tray
* motor mount
* front wheel bearings
* motor fan

The body is holding up ok. Part of the wireframe tends to get bend behind the drivers seat but can be easily pushed back. The body plates tend to break at screws, potentially fixed with larger washers.

I think its a great RTR basher and I’m really happy with it!

That’s fair, it seems good, but it would need a lot of work to make a extremely powerful basher

That’s fair, it seems good, but it would need a lot of work to make a extremely powerful basher
Yes, although my uneducated impression is that probably goes for nearly all RC’s. There are a few extreme bashers on YT who proclaim the FT to be the toughest and most versatile RC currently available from Arrma. Probably need to take that with quite some grains of salt but since the FT is a hybrid of other successful Arrma’s so I can imagine there is some truth to the claim.

My kid bent the front shock tower with a pretty big hit to the front. He claims to have "no idea" what he hit :ROFLMAO: but I have a bunch of parts on order to fix it. Ordered some Scorched ti shock towers, steering plate, shock stand offs and an M2c front brace. Bent the shock tower enough that when the body came off you can't put it back on.

True, it might as well just be an extended kraton.

Loving my fireteam……actually bought for my wife.…..she has a KEXB too.
She beat the hell out of it today, no breaks.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back