Fireteam Arrma FIRETEAM 1/7th Scale Speed Assault Vehicle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't own any Arrmas yet but I've been watching from the sidelines for a long time debating between the Kraton or the Outcast but now this Fireteam beast is really tickling my wallet and this might be the thing that finally gets me into Arrma. Seems like a pretty good basher, but still it's very scale, a scale basher. Love it so far, we'll see in a couple of months when there's more reviews and stuff, but I think it'll be a success and it will attract a lot of new customers.

Im already envisioning the look my wife would give me if she walked in and saw me playing with an rc car that has action figures. This is cringe AF. Hard pass
I couldn’t have said it better.

1:7 scale. 1:8 scale diffs. 6s.
1/5 scale price. It’s $995 at my lhs.

My thoughts should have been full 1/7 scale as advertised. 1/5 scale diffs and 8s.

I’d call it a fail for me I won’t be buying one. It’s not worth what they want. It’s a abortion if parts that came out of the Arrma bin.
Maybe they should have named it Frankenteam or Frankenstein Assault.
I couldn’t have said it better.
I never thought of it that way but yea you have a point. $800 bucks with little people,,, geez

This is one of the many cars that I see almost as many "pros" as "cons" when I think on it. Unlike the Mojave EXB ( which is the sliced bread in my RC suite ), I'm struggling to figure out which side of the fence I'm on with this.

I also have no idea why I'm bothered to find that for all intents, it's a stretched Kraton with a different body. I have never liked the Kraton ( I think it looks goofy ), but I respect it's durability. I've been wanting an open-wheel something that would match my Mojave, and so far this is the closest thing. Like many here, I may wait until a sale or even until black Friday. I just hope that we collectively develop a different interior. That's a no-go for me.

If they did an EXB roller, the I'd absolutely jump on that. I realize a true kit will never be in the cards for an ARRMA product.

Maybe they should have named it Frankenteam or Frankenstein Assault.

I never thought of it that way but yea you have a point. $800 bucks with little people,,, geez
Yeah, almost enough to send a guy back to Traxxas…

Yeah, almost enough to send a guy back to Traxxas…
Not when they put reskin a Stampede & call it a Hoss :rolleyes: This is not Hoss level nonsense yet but if they are up to crap like this, then the sky's the limit to how much crap they can pull. This one just have too many gimmicks. They would of did better just putting a MT body on it. They could of even made a Pro-MT type 1/10 6s or a truggified Typhon if they wanted to recycle parts.

Here is my take on it. Such a great rig! Pure drivers car! :cool: 🤘
Yeah man you did a nice bit on it. Just waiting to see it sent now… make a few of those little heads fly 🙃

I think I might be in if they ever do an exb. I'm also wondering how much those tires weigh and how they'd do on a talion.

Not when they put reskin a Stampede & call it a Hoss :rolleyes: This is not Hoss level nonsense yet but if they are up to crap like this, then the sky's the limit to how much crap they can pull. This one just have too many gimmicks. They would of did better just putting a MT body on it. They could of even made a Pro-MT type 1/10 6s or a truggified Typhon if they wanted to recycle parts.

Reskin a stampede and call it a hoss, that’s terrible of Traxxas to do such a thing.

Outcast…Notorious

The Traxxas bashing gets so old on here when Horizon literally does the EXACT same things, just enjoy the hobby.

Reskin a stampede and call it a hoss, that’s terrible of Traxxas to do such a thing.

Outcast…Notorious

The Traxxas bashing gets so old on here when Horizon literally does the EXACT same things, just enjoy the hobby.
No can do, hype & gimmicks does nothing for me when you still have to unload a ton just to make something bashable. If you look back, we bashed Arrma back then pretty hard for the Outcast-Noto thing. No amount of crap goes unscathed here. When you settle for crap, you might as well give them your whole wallet.

No can do, hype & gimmicks does nothing for me when you still have to unload a ton just to make something bashable. If you look back, we bashed Arrma back then pretty hard for the Outcast-Noto thing. No amount of crap goes unscathed here. When you settle for crap, you might as well give them your whole wallet.

Upgrade to make bashable, like an m2c chassis, shock towers, hinge blocks, and shock stand offs?

Upgrade to make bashable, like an m2c chassis, shock towers, hinge blocks, and shock stand offs?
Yep, you forgot diff cases, wheel hexes, chassis braces, etc. This thing is $750, after all of that, it'll be $1100-1200, the same amount I have in my 1st O8S EXB . . .

Just think would of happen if we didn't keep complaining about the STX2, that POS would still be in trucks today. That POS was good for was sending your rig into a tree. Arrma does eventually listen to us. It just takes a ton of complaining. Not surprisingly, Trx has started to listen as well. The V2 Maxx came straight from complaining & there might be a V3 X-Maxx in the future too.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back