Fireteam Arrma FIRETEAM 1/7th Scale Speed Assault Vehicle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited:
https://www.amazon.com/ARRMA-FIRETEAM-Batteries-Included-ARA7618T2/dp/B09RQ9YJ1Q?th=1

AMZ/Absolutehobbyz is reputable. Free shipping. $620. This could be an early Black friday price. Reg Street price is $669. They only have 2 of each color left. Partial to the White one myself.
No other deals that I could find right now.
You could always wait for Black Friday and Cyber Monday.:unsure:
I like @joostin420 deal better, but EU is not an option for @cazrack I don't believe. Congrats BTW!!

So finally I ordered it, winter sale at Horizon Hobby.
Will probably use it most during summer, during winter I use modified xmaxx and modified Stampede 4x4 both with TSM.

I hope everyone that purchased the Fireteam a long time ago is satisfied with it ;-)
If anyone who purchased it have any tips about the truck it would be great if you could post it here.

Thanks
Congrats, it‘s a great car and a versatile platform. Out of the box it’s really a well planted car that easily eats up nearly all types of terrain. It has difficulty with jumps (i.e. likes to nosedive), so you might want to move the battery tray back. Furthermore, the body is strong but tends to tear near the screws. Add some washers for strengthening.

So finally I ordered it, winter sale at Horizon Hobby.
Will probably use it most during summer, during winter I use modified xmaxx and modified Stampede 4x4 both with TSM.

I hope everyone that purchased the Fireteam a long time ago is satisfied with it ;-)
If anyone who purchased it have any tips about the truck it would be great if you could post it here.

Thanks
My FT was a mess out of the box. Leaking center diff (a pool of oil on the diff), binding internal diff gears in the front and rear diff, wheel hex grub screws were glued with red locktite or glue. Since I already planned to do a complete rebuild it didn’t bother my that much, but quality control was non-existent that day apparently. It did have that QC sticker on it though!😂
On the other hand the shocks were perfecty filled👍.

Done !!!! Have one in white coming !!!! This was a rc I found myself watching vids on , not impressed on how it jumps , but it looks like it soaks up terrain and handles very well , and would be fun to drive , but not enough for me to spend $669 on . My LHS had them on sale for $550 , and still wouldn't pull the trigger , but for $399 , again , no brainer !!!!

Done !!!! Have one in white coming !!!! This was a rc I found myself watching vids on , not impressed on how it jumps , but it looks like it soaks up terrain and handles very well , and would be fun to drive , but not enough for me to spend $669 on . My LHS had them on sale for $550 , and still wouldn't pull the trigger , but for $399 , again , no brainer !!!!
I was exactly in the same boat. Thought it was too heavy for the electronics, too expensive and those four 'dolls', well... :rolleyes:.
Watched and read a lot about it, because in principle I liked it a lot; 1/7 Mojave chassis with wider arms; what's NOT to like!?;)
Bought it recently with current sales going on. Yesterday the last parts for it came in so now it's time to get it al ready for bashing.
Somehow I think this may have a real good chance knocking the Mojave of the throne as my favorite car...:oops: Who would have thought.

What I think I'm going to like about this truck is that it won't fill up the inside with crap like a Mojave !!!! LOL I'm not a big sender kinda guy on jumping , so I plan on leaving it alone with minimal to no upgrades other than right away putting my Futaba radio in it .

Ordered one at this price I can over look the crew inside. Need another winter vehicle although I was told not getting it til Christmas. Wife bought it for me. And bought the felony ornament. Will remain stock.

I think cutting 3 of the guys out of the interior and putting some scale black netting on it would look better than the goofy squad and would drop some weight too. Wasn't planning on getting one but at that price its hard to say no..
Doing some manscaping? Share when done. Might steal....borrow your work.

I think cutting 3 of the guys out of the interior and putting some scale black netting on it would look better than the goofy squad and would drop some weight too. Wasn't planning on getting one but at that price its hard to say no.
67gr saving on the 3 guys and rifles ;)

Instead of netting, I 3Dprinted a net'sheet' which also reinforces the rollcage

1669302059315.png

67gr saving on the 3 guys and rifles ;)

Instead of netting, I 3Dprinted a net'sheet' which also reinforces the rollcage

View attachment 258203
Would you be open to sharing the design files? Or selling them?

Would also be great to see a few more pics from different angles. Looks very cool!!!

Would you be open to sharing the design files? Or selling them?

Would also be great to see a few more pics from different angles. Looks very cool!!!
Attached the printable files. I like to share.
It could still use a few tiny tweaks, but i was happy with the result as it is. I had to drill 2 extra holes manually and relieve tention at one corner by removing a little bit.

1669307812195.png

I tried making something for the front and rear as well, but i didn't like it thusfar. Lately my job/workload has been killing my creativity last few weeks.

1669307853874.png

Right on the table you see part an earlier iteration.

1669307988966.png

Attachments

• Mesh body v3.zip
    136.4 KB · Views: 39
Some guys have widened it by using the K6 hubs and stub axles. Here’s a gratuitous shot of mine getting some M2C love.

View attachment 258254
Do you know which axles have to be replaced to widen this? For the front hub I found this itemVitavon hubs, but is says it uses the long shaft version, so I’m not sure how that applies here.

Do you know which axles have to be replaced to widen this? For the front hub I found this itemVitavon hubs, but is says it uses the long shaft version, so I’m not sure how that applies here.
The Fireteam uses
smallest hubs (typhon/felony/inf ect)
mid stub axles (talion/fireteam)

To widen you would need
Biggest hubs (Kraton/Noto/)
Biggest stub axles (Kraton/Noto)

I personally wouldn’t change it
With the smaller hubs and axles it handles so good

One common complaint about the Kraton is the huge turning radius

Fireteam is XL Kraton ... Kraton clearance with talion handling
Almost perfect rig IMO
(W different body) 😂😂😂

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back