Fireteam Arrma FIRETEAM 1/7th Scale Speed Assault Vehicle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Fireteam uses
smallest hubs (typhon/felony/inf ect)
mid stub axles (talion/fireteam)

To widen you would need
Biggest hubs (Kraton/Noto/)
Biggest stub axles (Kraton/Noto)

I personally wouldn’t change it
With the smaller hubs and axles it handles so good

One common complaint about the Kraton is the huge turning radius

Fireteam is XL Kraton ... Kraton clearance with talion handling
Almost perfect rig IMO
(W different body) 😂😂😂
Thank you for that. The FT has a longer chassis than the Kraton, with the Kraton arms, and smaller hubs. Is that an accurate summary of the stock setup?

Thank you for that. The FT has a longer chassis than the Kraton, with the Kraton arms, and smaller hubs. Is that an accurate summary of the stock setup?
Yes that’s accurate
Fireteam has the longer chassis (xlwb - Mojave) Kraton arms - small hubs - mid stub axles

Y

Yes that’s accurate
Fireteam has the longer chassis (xlwb - Mojave) Kraton arms - small hubs - mid stub axles

Yeah that’s accurate
Fireteam uses the XLWB/ Mojave chassis
Kraton arms, small hubs, mid stub axles
I’ve been wanting a Kraton, but only the FT went on sale. Before this I hadn’t given it a second look. As you mention, it’s not the sexiest of models. Since this model was on sale I grabbed it, and it seemed like a no brainer to make it wider like the Kraton while being longer. Are you saying I should hold off on widening it?

I’ve been wanting a Kraton, but only the FT went on sale. Before this I hadn’t given it a second look. As you mention, it’s not the sexiest of models. Since this model was on sale I grabbed it, and it seemed like a no brainer to make it wider like the Kraton while being longer. Are you saying I should hold off on widening it?
widen it...I did runs just fine!

I have both a widened XL Kraton with biggest hubs and axles
and a XL build to Fireteam specs with the smaller hubs, axles
And I personally like the Fireteam specs rig better

The difference in width is not that much but they definitely handle differently

I would recommend driving it before you decide

Ordered one at this price I can over look the crew inside. Need another winter vehicle although I was told not getting it til Christmas. Wife bought it for me. And bought the felony ornament. Will remain stock.
Wait, what?!? You’re keeping the Felony ornament stock? 😂

Using the included speed gearing with everything else stock, have you broken any diffs yet?

Thanks

Started the tear down on my Fireteam today. So far both droop screw holes are stripped on the front arms and one droop screw hold was stripped on the rear arm. One tire also had a slash/puncture in the sidewall.

Diffs weren’t too bad although the center diff was a little dry.

Sent photos and videos off to Horizon and they’ve already agreed to send replacement parts so I can’t be upset about that.

Now just waiting on some m2c parts and a MAX6 combo to arrive.

I’m doing mine right now to, same, both diffs hood , center a little dry . Added 300k , cleaned out F/R and put 20k , don’t have any thicker at the moment . Also mesh was good, factory had 1 shim already.

50E70E81-BA30-4655-A633-8B02DD4F401A.jpeg

D0162947-544D-4327-B872-1897C61DD631.jpeg

1282E9C5-4182-45E8-BE09-59B7EB3F12DC.jpeg

Started the tear down on my Fireteam today. So far both droop screw holes are stripped on the front arms and one droop screw hold was stripped on the rear arm. One tire also had a slash/puncture in the sidewall.

Diffs weren’t too bad although the center diff was a little dry.

Sent photos and videos off to Horizon and they’ve already agreed to send replacement parts so I can’t be upset about that.

Now just waiting on some m2c parts and a MAX6 combo to arrive.
Ouch how did that happen on the droops!? Got a pic?

And a slashed tire that is really odd 🤔

I'm thinking about widening mine with the hopes it will make landing jumps a little better. Makes sense in my head anyway 🤣. Honestly my ft has been really durable and only thing I did was add exb braces in the center. Only breakages so far has been both front wheel bearings exploding and I jump mine. It's been a helluva lot more durable than my kraton exb.

Ouch how did that happen on the droops!? Got a pic?

And a slashed tire that is really odd 🤔

My last Typhon and this Fireteam came with M4 button head screws with four washers under the head. I'm guessing this is their new way of doing things and not using the long grub screws. The nice thing with the grub screws is that you couldn't strip the hole (it would just fall out the other side) - but whomever is putting these button head screws in is just going to town. Would never have discovered it if I didn't swap them out for actual droop screws. Here's the plastic threads that were pulled out of the arms and "stuck" on the screws.

Fireteam Front Arm Stripped Threads.jpg

Here's the gouge on the tire:

Arrma Gouged Tire 2.jpg

One thing I learned from @SrC was to go over a new vehicle with a fine tooth comb and document every stripped part or damaged piece and send a laundry list to Horizon for them to make it right.

I have both a widened XL Kraton with biggest hubs and axles
and a XL build to Fireteam specs with the smaller hubs, axles
And I personally like the Fireteam specs rig better

The difference in width is not that much but they definitely handle differently

I would recommend driving it before you decide
I already have the Limitless, and at some point I purchased the wrong HR hubs. Turns out they were the Kraton hubs, the temptation to put these already owned hop up parts may be too much. I will listen to your advice and try it out first. It arrives today, can’t wait!

My last Typhon and this Fireteam came with M4 button head screws with four washers under the head. I'm guessing this is their new way of doing things and not using the long grub screws. The nice thing with the grub screws is that you couldn't strip the hole (it would just fall out the other side) - but whomever is putting these button head screws in is just going to town. Would never have discovered it if I didn't swap them out for actual droop screws. Here's the plastic threads that were pulled out of the arms and "stuck" on the screws.

View attachment 259394

View attachment 259395

One thing I learned from @SrC was to go over a new vehicle with a fine tooth comb and document every stripped part or damaged piece and send a laundry list to Horizon for them to make it right.
Thanks! I will have to check this out at well. I hope I can see it without removing the arms....

This makes me pretty sad to see... Seems Arrma just can't get it right. I get nervous leaving a rig new in the box too long.

Last edited:

View attachment 259394

View attachment 259395

And you have a decent laundry list so far.:rolleyes:
Wow. My early released Lim. had a laundry list close to the retail boxed price. But HH owned up to every single damaged part. Took close to 5 months to get most parts however. Many on B/O being a new model.
FWIW, China labor, the young unskilled labor etc., and the people in general there, are having a hard time right now, always have been. This is not good for Arrma/HH. Very Poor QC results.

Edit.

@Engineer, look closely at the Pivot Ball Nuts, that they are not crossthreaded into the Front hubs with the O-rings all pushed out.
A common Flub I always noticed. I usually find at least one of the 4 messed up. Ruined Hubs and nut O rings.

Last edited:
Can anyone confirm if the Backflips fit the Fireteam with the stock hubs/axles?

What I found truggifying my Typhon is I absolutely love the truggified setup for a couple of my bash spots and totally hate it the rest of the time, lol. All depends on how rough the terrain is and how much turning is involved. Planning to go back to stock Typhon hex/hub/axle setup so I have the parts if I want to try them on the FT. If the full size Backflips fit fine on the stock setup, not sure its even needed though.

Don't bother widening it.
Not $worth$ the extra 5 mm or so, of track width.
And I believe you might have front drive shafts popping out of the Diffs output cups issues.

Can anyone confirm if the Backflips fit the Fireteam with the stock hubs/axles?

What I found truggifying my Typhon is I absolutely love the truggified setup for a couple of my bash spots and totally hate it the rest of the time, lol. All depends on how rough the terrain is and how much turning is involved. Planning to go back to stock Typhon hex/hub/axle setup so I have the parts if I want to try them on the FT. If the full size Backflips fit fine on the stock setup, not sure its even needed though.
Yes its a fit.
And probably better traction over the FT wheels. IMO.

Back