Fireteam Arrma FIRETEAM 1/7th Scale Speed Assault Vehicle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
backflip MT are great on the fireteam!!

Many have done the Kraton hubs. I don't feel there would be much of any advantage. I could be wrong.:unsure:
I would think the shorter/narrower hubs would even flex less. An advantage.

Many have done the Kraton hubs. I don't feel there would be much of any advantage. I could be wrong.:unsure:
I would think the shorter/narrower hubs would even flex less. An advantage.
The Kraton hubs help promote a better power slide. (Without the silly brake)

It helps.. a bit … lol

I got ya.(y)

And BTW.....................
I just pulled the plug on a White FT a few minutes ago. HH.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
A no brainer price.
You guys here know how to spend my $$$ for sure. Its addicting. And I have no more room. This one will probably stay in my bedroom now. Will make my 18th RC rig here.:rolleyes:
Where does it end?:LOL:

I got ya.(y)

I just pulled the plug on a White FT a few minutes ago. HH.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
A no brainer price.
You guys here know how to spend my $$$ for sure. Its addicting. And I have no more room. This one will probably stay in my bedroom now. Will make my 18th RC rig here.:rolleyes:
Where u begin selling some to upgrade 🤔

I got ya.(y)

A no brainer price.
You know you need a second for spare parts :cool:

Good choice on the white too 👌 imo best color.

Man you guys got me to bite too. I already had a black one that I got for like 500$ months ago So I'm getting the white. I figure if I sell the electronics thats like a 300$ fireteam and the body and tires on jenny's is already like 200$ by themselves.

My last Typhon and this Fireteam came with M4 button head screws with four washers under the head. I'm guessing this is their new way of doing things and not using the long grub screws. The nice thing with the grub screws is that you couldn't strip the hole (it would just fall out the other side) - but whomever is putting these button head screws in is just going to town. Would never have discovered it if I didn't swap them out for actual droop screws. Here's the plastic threads that were pulled out of the arms and "stuck" on the screws.

View attachment 259394

Here's the gouge on the tire:

View attachment 259395

One thing I learned from @SrC was to go over a new vehicle with a fine tooth comb and document every stripped part or damaged piece and send a laundry list to Horizon for them to make it right.
Checked out one of my existing rigs and the droop screws look fine but wondering if I would need to pull any out to see if they are stripped. Perhaps it doesn't matter if you never touch them.

Did see this on the front though (both sides).. How on earth?...

20221130_125049.jpg

Last edited:
@Engineer, look closely at the Pivot Ball Nuts, that they are not crossthreaded into the Front hubs with the O-rings all pushed out.
A common Flub I always noticed. I usually find at least one of the 4 messed up. Ruined Hubs and nut O rings.

Thanks - I did examine them when I properly tightened the pivot balls and all seem good. So fingers crossed this was the last of the issues.

Checked out one of my existing rigs and the droop screws look fine but wondering if I would need to pull any out to see if they are stripped. Perhaps it doesn't matter if you never touch them.

I have a stock of double sided droop screws to replace all the grub screws Arrma used to use so even though the M4 button heads work well enough, might as well use them up which is why I took the out and discovered the mess. In the future I may keep the M4 button heads on new cars but work them out and back in to make sure the holes weren't stripped from the factory.

Man you guys got me to bite too. I already had a black one that I got for like 500$ months ago So I'm getting the white. I figure if I sell the electronics thats like a 300$ fireteam and the body and tires on jenny's is already like 200$ by themselves.
I'm interested!! 🤣

Sounds like your plan is similar to mine. Ditch all the electronics, body and tires. Haha.

I got ya.(y)

A no brainer price.
A'tta boy !!!! LOL
A'tta boy for you to !!!! LOL you guys joinin' in the savings !!!!

I'm having internal debate regarding electronics right now. I have spare xlx2's and a max 5 but both of those are a waste on the FT. I dunno if I should just buy an mmx8s or try and wait and see if hobbywing releases a max 6 g2 soon. I don't have patience though, so I'll probably not wait lol.

I'm hesitant to put a mmx8s combo in it too just because my other FT already has one but I totally have a spare 1717 motor. Feelsbad :ROFLMAO:

Ready to take it out !!! ….. Not just the FT ! So the FT is ready , did / checked all 3 diffs / installed aluminum chassis braces / checked all screws / etc . The Mo , this is hard to believe for most of you weekly RC users , my last drive of my Mo was last Nov , ..... 2021 , broke the body mounts , then went thru the truck , did all 3 diffs 30/300/30 , freshened all shocks to 50w and NEVER drove it since !!!! I'm a horrible RC owner . So it's kinda like a maiden voyage for both , hopefully this weekend . Funny side note, when the FT came Sunday morning my wife commented on how big the box was ........ wait til she sees the box with the K8S EXB tomorrow !!! LOL
These are the first RC's I've ordered and got delivered thru the mail , all others have come from my LHS , in the car , in the house nobody sees anything !!!
23E79762-7A55-4E61-A8D2-AF64F2A2E6DB.jpeg

Last edited:
backflip MT are great on the fireteam!!
I also want to try my BF LP's on them.

I expect HH to deliver my White FT in a few days. It's getting a complete tear down out the box. Most every single part. Nothing out of the norm.

Back