Fireteam Arrma Fireteam first rip and thoughts. What upgrades is everyone doing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lride Chart

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Outcast 6s
  3. Talion
Yo RC addicts just got the Arrma fireteam and got my first bash in with it and broke a few things. And already considering some power upgrades. What’s everyone else running. Also this Traxxas Sledge is interesting if anyone has any thoughts on that.

My first rip video of the fireteam.

For diffs, 50/200/30 front to rear. I put a 14t pinion on right away. Took the rear brake off as well…….useless.I’m going to run it like this for a while but here’s the parts collection I will install soon….also, I installed Kraton axles and Kraton steering knuckles, rear hubs to make the rig a bit wider.
EF7EE509-2A2B-43BA-B193-AE7437B6D435.jpeg

Last edited:
For diffs, 50/200/30 front to rear. I put a 14t pinion on right away. Took the rear brake off as well…….useless.I’m going to run it like this for a while but here’s the parts collection I will install soon….also, I installed Kraton axles and Kraton steering knuckles, rear hubs to make the rig a bit wider.
View attachment 207294
Wow that looks sweet yeah I’ve already done a few upgrades. But need to get some more parts in. Yeah I’m going away from HR the aluminum is just to soft my wing mount holes keep stripping. I’ve gone to vitavon and basher queen. It’s gotta start with M2c thou good work. Bash on 😎😎

I already ordered HR front/rear hubs, EXB shock towers and braces, and all over decent bearings. M2C ZRS shocks upgrade and mounts are on their way. Want to see how diff cases go, before looking into the HR versions.
Got the part numbers for the f/r hubs? just broke mine and having a time finding parts

I already ordered HR front/rear hubs, EXB shock towers and braces, and all over decent bearings. M2C ZRS shocks upgrade and mounts are on their way. Want to see how diff cases go, before looking into the HR versions.
I went away from HR diff cases the hubs work great. But the diff cases on the LWB I keep stripping threads so I’ve moved to vitavon or I think basher queen offers a 7075 diff case as well. Sounds like you are looking at the right stuff thou.

I went away from HR diff cases the hubs work great. But the diff cases on the LWB I keep stripping threads so I’ve moved to vitavon or I think basher queen offers a 7075 diff case as well. Sounds like you are looking at the right stuff thou.
Thanks for the heads-up... Have not decided on the diff cases but will definitely consider Vitavon.

Have some scorched ti shock towers on order, m2c front brace, hr t2t brace aluminum rod ends installed. Trying to decide if I pull the brake and order the m2c rear brace or wait for them to build a Fireteam specific one.

Have some scorched ti shock towers on order, m2c front brace, hr t2t brace aluminum rod ends installed. Trying to decide if I pull the brake and order the m2c rear brace or wait for them to build a Fireteam specific one.
Keep me posted… 🙂

Keep me posted… 🙂
Well looks like a carbon fiber tube saved the chassis braces. It was a good rip thou. Now time to get serious about upgrades. M2c chassis, exb diffs, M2c chassis braces, max6 and 4092. Bash on 😎😎

View attachment 207294
My Man...

What's the update on the diff change? Stock is 10/200/10k. Not a send-it person and on the ground is where it is at for me just a hard basher on the surface. Dirt, dead grass, drifting dead grass/dirt, and different surface terrains is what I run on.

In some of the YT videos, I watched I can hear it diff out on the 10/200/10k (not bad) but I do like that it does not wheelie and stay planted which is what I want. I do like that power when I drift out a turn and power pull foward. Really like to know how your diff change felt over the stock, stay down and perform, feedback?

Yes...no handbrake totally agree I already just power slide to turn.

A few things have changed since I posted that attachment with the M2C chassis and HW system. I’ve decided to build a Talion XL with those parts.

That being said, the 50/200/30 front to rear in the Fireteam works very well. To be honest, I only ran the stock fluids in the Fireteam for a cul de sac shakedown before I took it apart and upgraded some stuff. I love this rig, although my wife drives it mostly. This is why I’m building the XL.
I put some 6S copperheads I had kicking around on the FT and in my opinion, the rig handles better……less traction roll.

And yes, the handbrake is useless in this rig. Same quick turn arounds can be done without it.

cheers,
kev
Ps.
it does wheelie, probably more so now with thicker fluids.

Last edited:
A few things have changed since I posted that attachment with the M2C chassis and HW system. I’ve decided to build a Talion XL with those parts.

That being said, the 50/200/30 front to rear in the Fireteam works very well. To be honest, I only ran the stock fluids in the Fireteam for a cul de sac shakedown before I took it apart and upgraded some stuff. I love this rig, although my wife drives it mostly. This is why I’m building the XL.
I put some 6S copperheads I had kicking around on the FT and in my opinion, the rig handles better……less traction roll.

And yes, the handbrake is useless in this rig. Same quick turn arounds can be done without it.

cheers,
kev
Ps.
Thx. Wow all was good until the end. Ok I may ride with the stock. I do not need a wheelie RC especially this one...have a Kraton. I want it to stay on the ground and ground bash sound like that change will be negative for me. Thanks for the update 😊

Thx. Wow all was good until the end. Ok I may ride with the stock. I do not need a wheelie RC especially this one...have a Kraton. I want it to stay on the ground and ground bash sound like that change will be negative for me. Thanks for the update 😊
I wouldn’t let that stop you from changing the fluids I have 60/300/30k and I can only get it to wheelie when I really try too other than normal flooring and running around it stays very planted.

cheers,
kev
Ps.
Is that with the LSD EXB diffs?

Those weights are for non-LSD diffs, I would run 20/100/10 front to rear in LSD diffs……

Stock Fireteam
Is that with the LSD EXB diffs?
non LSD. All the YT videos I have seen the diffs have held well Rich Duperdash did a lot of killing it before he change the center only to 500k but still all stock diffs and 10k on front/rear.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back