Fireteam Arrma Fireteam first rip and thoughts. What upgrades is everyone doing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve heard of people widening the FT using Kraton Hubs. Does anyone know the pieces needed for this? I’m eyeing these vitavon hubs on EBay Vitavon hub, but it says for long shaft stub version. I’m unsure if that’s what I need, it I know I would like to widen the FT.

An update on this, all the Vitavon parts I ordered had fitment issues, so I’ve sent them back. I’ve ordered the new release bulkhead carriers from ScorchedRC, will see how those play out.

I did widen my FT, and I love it!

There are a few updates I have in the works, I’m upgrading the upper hinge pin carrier to the EXB model, which looks to be superior. I’m swapping in the 29mm diffs, with the EXB internal and external gears, and running LSD. I’ve ordered Kraton EXB takeoffs from Ebay for that. I’ve got the HR rear Kraton hubs, and I’m running composite kraton hubs up front. All the shafts are titanium now too. Wish it came with 29mm diffs from the factory.

The motor got a little upgrade with the PPS motor mount. I also swapped the shell screws for titanium. Shaved around 30g off the top heavy shell, can definitely feel the weight difference.

I am curious, what kind of fitment issues did you have with the Vitavon parts?

I own way too much of their stuff across many different platforms and never had a single problem, every item has been flawless so far.

The hinge pin carriers;

40ACF470-7A09-4604-B549-2AFA7D824C1E.jpeg

F911EF5D-FD59-4DEC-97C1-736F6994004D.jpeg

The front diff housing screw holes measure 30mm instead of 31mm
D8B1D874-E75C-4DE9-85EB-1155517D411A.jpeg

The steering column sits too high, and it hits the top plate once installed. Makes turning much tougher, the issue is the servo saver doesn’t have enough up top to push the steering column down. I put a HR locking servo saver in place of that and it worked ok.
DC708A6B-926D-47E9-B27F-1C8C1C73647D.jpeg

5D097A61-B0D6-418E-81B9-913D308D195A.jpeg

I am excited to show you the new ScorchedRC parts I picked up. Their diff housing is phenomenal! Have a HR beside it to compare. It has more adjustability, a much larger input gear bearing, and overall just a sturdier design.
C32C28A4-C162-42E4-93DC-AC021A5928C5.jpeg

Holy moly, that looks really bad. :eek:
That has, fortunately, not been my experience with them but I will definitely check the housings and hinge pin holders I just got in...

About the Scorched diff housing, it looks really nice, but how are you actually supposed to fill the slots around the bearing?
The website just says they are filled to prevent dirt ingress, but how? Grease? Is there a plug or something?

Holy moly, that looks really bad. :eek:
That has, fortunately, not been my experience with them but I will definitely check the housings and hinge pin holders I just got in...

About the Scorched diff housing, it looks really nice, but how are you actually supposed to fill the slots around the bearing?
The website just says they are filled to prevent dirt ingress, but how? Grease? Is there a plug or something?
There is rubber sealing it, and the shims keep the dirt out of the bearings.
E50B47B4-B2B1-4772-A805-BCA089BE15FB.jpeg

Well personally I will take it conservative and do the following when summer comes

Attach included speed pinion
New motor fans
Upgrade parts I break

But I understand people upgrading to expensive parts early.

I started off just wanting to replace the hubs for Kraton hubs to widen it a bit. Then I found I wanted LSD instead of open diffs. That required replacing the diff and diff gears. While I had all that apart might as well replace the housing. Thus began the process of talking myself into more upgrades lol.

I started off just wanting to replace the hubs for Kraton hubs to widen it a bit. Then I found I wanted LSD instead of open diffs. That required replacing the diff and diff gears. While I had all that apart might as well replace the housing. Thus began the process of talking myself into more upgrades lol.
I just wanted to follow this up with a few tidbits. The M2C front captured hinge pin set will not fit with the ScorchedRC diff carrier. The M2C FR piece needs a little trimming around where the input gear goes to allow for the beefier Scorched diff carrier.

If you’re looking to upgrade the FT to EXB diffs with LSD you will need to change the diff itself, the diff gear, and the input gear to match. The FT comes factory with straight cut gears, and won’t mesh with EXB diff gear.

If you’re looking to change the rear hubs on FT to Kraton hubs to widen it, you will need the hub and Kraton wheel axles. If you’re looking to do this on the Limitless then you’ll need those items, plus you’ll need the FireTeam wheel hex - ARA311117.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back