Limitless Arrma Forum 3s speed run challenge

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've seen alot of other's have issues with the c8 body going airborne, check out jondilly1974 utube video of running c7 body last year
I can't find any Corvette or C7 videos on Dilly's channel. Did you mean Jon Lewis? He was running an orange C7 last year if memory serves.

I can't find any Corvette or C7 videos on Dilly's channel. Did you mean Jon Lewis? He was running an orange C7 last year if memory serves.
@jondilly1974 didn't you run a blue c7 gt for a while last year.i remember it going airborne right in front of ya?????

I had a blue c8 gt (protoform version) that flipped and landed:

Nice landing!! I had the same thing happen to me three times with the Bittydesign Seven65 until I finally figured out that I needed to lock out my rear suspension to keep it from blowing over. After that it was smooth sailing. Well...driving...you know what I mean :LOL:

Anybody know another body that fits long wheelbase chassis well. It seems to be in between 1/8 and 1/7 scale

Anybody know another body that fits long wheelbase chassis well. It seems to be in between 1/8 and 1/7 scale
Check out delta plastics under GT2 bodys..FYI the 3s typhon body is taller than 6s body,,but also narrower....if ya wanted to fit a fan on esc that would be a idea

Nice landing!! I had the same thing happen to me three times with the Bittydesign Seven65 until I finally figured out that I needed to lock out my rear suspension to keep it from blowing over. After that it was smooth sailing. Well...driving...you know what I mean :LOL:
Got to have some luck, sometimes... Suspension was locked. The PF C8 body just lacks downforce at the front and the wider felony rear likes to catch air too. I was running an absurd big but low angle rear wing hoping it would compensate. It only helped with air controlability i guess.

It's has become a shelfqueen body...

Is it a good idea to have a throttle curve with a rolled off top? Seems like It would be a good thing. Also, punch control? I tried different settings but I also made other changes at the same time. Any recommendations or thoughts on the matter?

Is it a good idea to have a throttle curve with a rolled off top? Seems like It would be a good thing. Also, punch control? I tried different settings but I also made other changes at the same time. Any recommendations or thoughts on the matter?
For speed running you generally want to turn your punch way down or all the way down. The reason for this is that higher punch setting will increase voltage spikes if you have a twitchy throttle finger. I use a positive expo curve on my ESC for throttle to help slow down the increase in throttle the higher you go. The faster you're going, the more voltage sag you'll experience from throttle increase. A softened version of this curve.
1659802280429.png

If you look at this data log from a speed run, notice the red line for voltage and how it drops off as you approach WOT. That's what I'm trying to mitigate with my expo curve. You'll notice for the first 3/4 of the throttle pull, voltage essentially holds steady. It isn't until the last 10% that it really drops off.
1659802396537.png

For speed running you generally want to turn your punch way down or all the way down. The reason for this is that higher punch setting will increase voltage spikes if you have a twitchy throttle finger. I use a positive expo curve on my ESC for throttle to help slow down the increase in throttle the higher you go. The faster you're going, the more voltage sag you'll experience from throttle increase. A softened version of this curve.
View attachment 234284

If you look at this data log from a speed run, notice the red line for voltage and how it drops off as you approach WOT. That's what I'm trying to mitigate with my expo curve. You'll notice for the first 3/4 of the throttle pull, voltage essentially holds steady. It isn't until the last 10% that it really drops off.
View attachment 234285
Excellent information my friend. Thank you. Makes perfect sense. 🤝

Tried for more but it's over geared, getting hot, and pulled 670+ amps.

I'll put the previous gearing back in and try a longer run if possible or might try the carbon body.

Tied my pb of 126 mph
Right on brother!! Just curious, how many teeth had you geared up?

Right on brother!! Just curious, how many teeth had you geared up?
3t
I think once you are at 650 amps that's a good indicator to not gear up more LOL.

The esc got significantly hotter this time which is not safe. These CNHL G+ are throwing down much better than expected and cells are staying healthy.

3t
I think once you are at 650 amps that's a good indicator to not gear up more LOL.

The esc got significantly hotter this time which is not safe. These CNHL G+ are throwing down much better than expected and cells are staying healthy.
lol...I think you might be onto something there ;)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back