Limitless Arrma Forum 3s speed run challenge

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I go for 115-130...mostly I only heat um to squeeze a little more outa a setup
never-go-full-retard-tropic-thunder.gif

I reckon it probably would. I've heard other people talk about setting off speed cams with their RC cars :LOL: I'd love to see the look on the person's face who evaluates the pics coming off the camera where a little fleck of something is screaming by at 150mph :LOL:
Mine would be closer to 60 probably 😂 . Speed limit is 25. Hell, I'd beat that with my 3s Senton! :cool::p😂That would be hilarious if they got my tag from leaving the school and sent me a ticket with a pic of the rig!! I'd frame that b!tch!! 🤪😂(y)✌️

1 was always told 120ish.whats the highest setting on you heatbag??I usely don't have the patience to heat packs,but I've accidentally gotten them smoking hot,way over 140 probly.haven't damaged any yet from anything ,but crashs..

1 was always told 120ish.whats the highest setting on you heatbag??I usely don't have the patience to heat packs,but I've accidentally gotten them smoking hot,way over 140 probly.haven't damaged any yet from anything ,but crashs..
The bag doesn't have a setting, thermal cutoff is fixed at 50°C/122°F. The Turnigy bags go from 35-45°C/95-115°F if memory serves.

Another little tip on warm LiPos.
Sitting on an aluminum chassis they will cool down fast.
You might have noticed that I run them in a LiPo bag. This insulates from loosing their heat! Inside I also have a hand warmer pack to keep them warm.

@Dan B. If you get serious about speed running you are talking about thousands invested per year. Turn back now while you still can!
I just dropped $400 on an assortment of mod1 gears and A few sets of foams. Then another $230 on the new WR Speed body from delta. Also another $300 on high end 4s packs. It's a nasty rabbit hole...

You might have noticed that I run them in a LiPo bag. This insulates from loosing their heat! Inside I also have a hand warmer pack to keep them warm.

@Dan B. If you get serious about speed running you are talking about thousands invested per year. Turn back now while you still can!
I just dropped $400 on an assortment of mod1 gears and A few sets of foams. Then another $230 on the new WR Speed body from delta. Also another $300 on high end 4s packs. It's a nasty rabbit hole...
Spoken like the truth 🙃
But it's SO EFFING exciting 😁

Gears alone are a vastly underestimated expense in speed running, aren't they? I'm glad I found something equaling the quality of SAGA gears local to Europe at 60% of the cost. Yeah, they only have 8mm gears but my 1717 is the only motor I have with a 5mm shaft, so it's not too big of a deal. I made my own 5mm to 8mm adapter so I can use my 8mm gears on it in addition to the sizeable collection of 5mm pinions I have.

Got ya some onyx 6500s didn't ya.175$ for esc an 100$ for a pack today..when ya pull some good #'s an car running great,that's when i spend the worst..that 151pb the other day has got me pushing harder than ever doing some spending last couple days 🤑

Gears alone are a vastly underestimated expense in speed running, aren't they? I'm glad I found something equaling the quality of SAGA gears local to Europe at 60% of the cost. Yeah, they only have 8mm gears but my 1717 is the only motor I have with a 5mm shaft, so it's not too big of a deal. I made my own 5mm to 8mm adapter so I can use

Got ya some onyx 6500s didn't ya.175$ for esc an 100$ for a pack today..when ya pull some good #'s an car running great,that's when i spend the worst..that 151pb the other day has got me pushing harder than ever doing some spending last couple days 🤑
Well I haven't bought anything, so it'll be a wash?

If I'm not mistaken I think he got the SRD V2s.

If I'm not mistaken I think he got the SRD V2s.
Did ya see the log from single smc 6900mah 135c pack I did today,,car undergeared ran 115...pack seamed to hold voltage well for the setup..big 1270kv not the best 4s motor.

Did ya see the log from single smc 6900mah 135c pack I did today,,car undergeared ran 115...pack seamed to hold voltage well for the setup..big 1270kv not the best 4s motor.
Dude, you've got THE MOST INSANE cars going!! Love your swb builds, tho I'm not brave enough bust em up👊 definitely watching your progress 🙂🤘

Dude, you've got THE MOST INSANE cars going!! Love your swb builds, tho I'm not brave enough bust em up👊 definitely watching your progress 🙂🤘
after tons of trial an error it's running great right now..I'll push hard an enjoy it till luck runs out..when ones running like this one,I don't dare touch any of the others.100% focus on this 1 car.got swb 4s car ready to go soon,it'll have to wait till the enevidiable happens with car.it'll get its 1zt light 6s hit on foams tomorrow. I'm going all in for a 160/6s pass real soon

after tons of trial an error it's running great right now..I'll push hard an enjoy it till luck runs out..when ones running like this one,I don't dare touch any of the others.100% focus on this 1 car.got swb 4s car ready to go soon,it'll have to wait till the enevidiable happens with car.it'll get its 1zt light 6s hit on foams tomorrow. I'm going all in for a 160/6s pass real soon
Eff effing ya! As I see it, the running season is winding down. 160 it is!! I say go for the glory 😅

I'm glad I found something equaling the quality of SAGA gears local to Europe at 60% of the cost.
Link?

Rain here has made me decide to fix up my good old hobao VTE (1). New body (PF hyper-SS), new diffs. Aiming for keeping this 1/8 scale as lightweight
as possible. I am curious how weight makes a difference on 3S

Link?

Rain here has made me decide to fix up my good old hobao VTE (1). New body (PF hyper-SS), new diffs. Aiming for keeping this 1/8 scale as lightweight
as possible. I am curious how weight makes a difference on 3S
Huge difference imo,my vendetta runs have proved it to me...watch 3.55 on in this vid.

Huge difference imo,my vendetta runs have proved it to me...watch 3.55 on in this vid.
With the Vendetta you also have width advantage. VTE1 is only shorter and much lighter. Width is the same as the limitless&VTE2

With the paintjob i went for visibility above looks, but i am actually really pleased with the result:

1663328726392.png

My 325mm swb seams to be running some great #'s lately,it's similar....the fc body starts to really shine with higher volts..it hammered out a 151 on like its 4th 6s hit.ive been searching for 150+ 6s runs....not many out there..weight must have something to do with it,cause I feel it's got alot more in the tank

Yeah, I know it ain’t cheap. I’ve been buying parts for the build over about the last 4 months, spreading out the cost. I have most everything to complete it now except for a couple of odds and ends I probably have overlooked, and the ESC. Was thinking of the MMX8s, but for $40.00 more I should probably just get the XLX2 and be done with it. I do still need to buy some 8mm gears as well. At least I got a TP motor on sale two weeks ago, and that has an 8mm shaft so I can share with the spool.
When this thing is together I’m going to try and resist the urge to tally up the cost of the build. Probably scare the hell out of myself and put a whammy on my brain that would psych me out in fear every time I made a pass…

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back