Limitless Arrma Forum 3s speed run challenge

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
About to go run my infraction for the first real speed run. Starting out hoping for about 100mph then pushing for more. @LibertyMKiii can I enter a second car. The typhon is waiting on parts but I really hope to get a little more out of it too but this has been neglected since I bought it, so now be the time to put her in the wind.
Tp 4080 2350k
2.8 diffs
Xlx2 of course
2 6000 cnhl 70c

View attachment 247191
I’d vote absolutely you can have multiple cars in here, I’d like to do the same with my cars on the 4s challenge
Hope this doesn't show up twice. I just tried to post and don't know what happened. This was the run after the flip and no splitter

View attachment 247210
Awesome run!

Hope this doesn't show up twice. I just tried to post and don't know what happened. This was the run after the flip and no splitter

View attachment 247210
Love the paint scheme man, that thing looks awesome!! You're a...
Michael Jackson Mj GIF
:LOL:

View attachment 247210
Looks good, that is a nice car.
I'll get you added tomorrow.

I was avoiding adding multiple cars mostly because of @K-BASH with his 15 different swb cars LOL. It becomes too hard to keep up with but I can handle 2 cars.
@Diem Turner the body came with the car. I definitely want to use the same green on the next body though. This one is pretty beat up and now has a pretty bad split thanks to the f$##@% ants that decided to build a hill in a crack in the road.
I don't run a splitter in any of my cars.
I cover the tires, bumper, etc with blue painters tape and add some wax. The spray some loctite expanding foam inside the body while mounted to the car. Then cut it flat after it hardens for a day. It leaves a custom foam inside the body that not only does what the splitter does but also supports the body from deformity and adds some crash protection.

@LibertyMKiii that is a brilliant idea sir. I think I understand what prep must be done as to not make a mess of the moving parts. Thank you. Some of that foam expands more than it seams possible.
Some pictures for reference. This loctite foam is considerably better than the great stuff brand.

20220509_122632.jpg

20220509_120025.jpg

Serrated knife cuts it really easy
20220509_150509.jpg

20220509_150135.jpg

@Diem Turner the body came with the car. I definitely want to use the same green on the next body though. This one is pretty beat up and now has a pretty bad split thanks to the f$##@% ants that decided to build a hill in a crack in the road.
REEL MEN PAINT THERE CARS PINK😆😅🤣😂🤣😅😆 never thought I'd ever say that..I'm in construction an they recently made pink a Osha approved hi-vis color,so your starting to see pink on big commercial job sites...I've never in my life wore a pink shirt..
Some pictures for reference. This loctite foam is considerably better than the great stuff brand.

View attachment 247407

View attachment 247408

Serrated knife cuts it really easy
View attachment 247409

View attachment 247410
I did this couple years ago before I got into s-running
Thread 'Sprayed closed cell foam 4 TOUGH BODY!!!!!' https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/sprayed-closed-cell-foam-4-tough-body.28952/

REEL MEN PAINT THERE CARS PINK😆😅🤣😂🤣😅😆 never thought I'd ever say that..I'm in construction an they recently made pink a Osha approved hi-vis color,so your starting to see pink on big commercial job sites...I've never in my life wore a pink shirt..
Strangely enough, I agree :) I wish I would have taken some more pictures of it, but before I painted my FC100 body white, I did a neon yellow/pink paint scheme with some neat patterns made with really light coats of gold flake. The triangle extended all the way down and across the front of the body. There was a second pattern of the same kind that went from behind the engine to the tail of the car.
1664731866785.png

This thread will serve as the Arrma forum 2022
3s speed run challenge. (not the Arrma 3s line, but a challenge for running 3s voltage)

Rules:
- Have fun and enjoy the journey
- Be safe and considers others' safety!
- Help each other improve
- Must be 3s voltage (any number of batteries parallel as long as it stays 3s LiPo max voltage) (4.2v * 3 = 12.6 max voltage)
- Any motor (assuming we are ok with dual motors should someone want to run that)
- Any ESC (come on it's always the XLX2 ;) )
- Any tires (Rubber or foam)
- Chassis any 1/8 or 1/7 ("1/10" cars like Slash 4x4 that are truly by size/measurement a 1/8 scale are allowed)
- (NO 1/10 scale small touring cars like 4tec, serpent, Tamiya etc)
- Standard rules for showing GPS that we normally do.
- In your video show the batteries are 3s and if running parallel clearly show the connection.

****Post your video link in this thread and I'll edit the original post with a spreadsheet of standings a few times per week. Also note the car so I can keep up with the list.**** (I'll track up to 2 of your cars, but you must tell me the model of car in your thread post)
(Optional if you want to share what motor, batteries, and gearing you are running. I am totally fine with you keeping that secret if you would like)

RankingMemberSpeed in MPHCellsCarMotorKVBatteryVideo confirmed
1Slow RC Mike
137​
3sHobao VTENeu2pYes
2Phildogg
127​
3sSlash 4x4172124002pYes
3LibertyMkiii
126​
3sVTE2TP4070-cm32002pYes
4Diem Turner
122​
3sInfraction172124002pYes
5vwturbowolf
122​
3sVTE2TP4070-scm2pYes
6k-bash
119​
3s6s Arrma GT2pYes
7Chris Adams
115​
3sTyphon StretchedTP4050?2pYes
8rotauq
114​
3sVTE2TP407023502pYes
9Chris Adams
107​
3sInfraction V2 GTTP408023502pYes
10Velodromed
73​
3sno
11RCPablo
70​
3sLosi Mini 8ight DBCrash
12TN-RC
68​
3sSlash 4x4Stock3500?no
13Senton_Prime
67​
3sInfraction 3s3200 Firma3200no

Yay! I’m still best of the last (sub 100mph) 😂
To fill in the blanks…
Infraction mega converted to 3s
3660, 3800kv surpass
50t spur and 28t pinion
130a spectrum esc
Single 3s 6600mah CNHL, 120c
No video confirmation since I can’t even walk and chew gum at the same time right now.

Last edited:
To fill in the blanks…
3660, 3800kv surpass
130a spectrum esc
No video confirmation since I can’t even walk and chew gum at the same time right now.
Have you ever tried chewing off-beat in between steps?

To fill in the blanks…
3660, 3800kv surpass
130a spectrum esc
What gearing did you use?

Have you ever tried chewing off-beat in between steps?
Yeah I just break poop 🤷‍♂️ It’s like my gyro crapped out on me early this year or something. Hopefully I’ll have it back up and working after tomorrow.

Yeah I just break poop 🤷‍♂️ It’s like my gyro crapped out on me early this year or something. Hopefully I’ll have it back up and working after tomorrow.
I hope so too brother. Hang in there. Thoughts and prayers sent your way. 🙏

What gearing did you use?
50t spur and 28t pinion. I am sure we could have hit 80 with the car set up but I was having too many vision/nerve issues to continue.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back