Limitless Arrma Forum 3s speed run challenge

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found my road! Just look at it!! It’s perfect and only seven minutes from home. Brand-new, blocked off from traffic and all mine… at least for a little while 😁 My car was a bit messed up though. I worked on it tonight, I’ll finish it up tomorrow morning and hit it again.

C3A6CB96-5520-45AF-824A-6CF448888B33.jpeg

7D005D24-E651-4CEE-82CB-4B2A19BE9A09.jpeg

I found my road! Just look at it!! It’s perfect and only seven minutes from home. Brand-new, blocked off from traffic and all mine… at least for a little while 😁 My car was a bit messed up though. I worked on it tonight, I’ll finish it up tomorrow morning and hit it again.

View attachment 226926

View attachment 226927
OMG I'm totally jelly, but in the best possible way bro :LOL: They don't come much more perfect than that. That almost looks like the stretch of road construction Raz used to run his dual 1717 on, back when he still lived in Florida. Top notch find!! (y)

OMG I'm totally jelly, but in the best possible way bro :LOL: They don't come much more perfect than that. That almost looks like the stretch of road construction Raz used to run his dual 1717 on, back when he still lived in Florida. Top notch find!! (y)
Thanks bud!! The cool thing is there are over 15 miles of that under construction. So I’ll be able to use different sections of it as it’s completed all up and down Blanco road for the next several months. That section just happens to be right outside my neighborhood only a mile and a half away. I am extremely excited. They stop working on it around 5 o’clock so pretty much every evening and on weekends I will get to have fun. I’ll try to pick the sections that have curbs between traffic and where I’m running and since there’s plenty of those I am in good luck.
Even better, being on a proper road I didn’t have any issues with the car coming at me or passing me. Of course with all the screwball things it was doing since the calibration was off that was a problem… but I had a few good passes to get a feel and I think I’ll be just fine once I have everything dialed in. I am definitely gonna enjoy this. I think I’m hooked.

Thanks bud!! The cool thing is there are over 15 miles of that under construction. So I’ll be able to use different sections of it as it’s completed all up and down Blanco road for the next several months. That section just happens to be right outside my neighborhood only a mile and a half away. I am extremely excited. They stop working on it around 5 o’clock so pretty much every evening and on weekends I will get to have fun. I’ll try to pick the sections that have curbs between traffic and where I’m running and since there’s plenty of those I am in good luck.
Even better, being on a proper road I didn’t have any issues with the car coming at me or passing me. Of course with all the screwball things it was doing since the calibration was off that was a problem… but I had a few good passes to get a feel and I think I’ll be just fine once I have everything dialed in. I am definitely gonna enjoy this. I think I’m hooked.
🎶 That's music to my ears 🎶 :)

Just watch out with them storm drains!! 🤪

View attachment 226926

View attachment 226927
Dude, I’m green with envy! And closed to traffic, at least for now!?!? If I could find a location like that I’d have to have my mail forwarded there, I’d never be home!

And what do you call these? :LOL:
View attachment 226968
Oh… those are new! We don’t have things like that anywhere else around my immediate area. Just ditches and waterways. I guess I better start noticing poop more often 🫤 well, it wouldn’t be a first time I crawled into a gutter.
How does it go…some of us wake up under our cars naked and some of us wake up in the gutter 😉
Dude, I’m green with envy! And closed to traffic, at least for now!?!? If I could find a location like that I’d have to have my mail forwarded there, I’d never be home!
Well… we have a full house but can always camp out in the backyard if you can handle 103f 🏕 🥵

Last edited:
I have gone 68mph with my slash, everything stock except the drive shafts. That is the fastest I have heard of for stock.
I have gone 67mph with my Felony on 3S Spec160 hobbywing 4985 1 to 1 gearing.
I do have video of the runs but don't want to dig for it so if you want to put me on the list you can but if not, that is ok.

So the 3-D printed side skirts and splitters on eBay absolutely suck. The guy uses the absolute cheapest materials and they shatter at the slights impact. So I made my own splitter out of 1/8 HDPE plastic. I think it turned out good and it definitely will take a hit. I’ll work on side skirts and rear tabs next.

This is the seller I will stay away from now on.

524EB030-A9DD-4216-B604-E93934B7978B.jpeg

Here’s the front splitter that I made last night and this morning. I used a small hand saw and sandpaper to make it. It’s not perfect but it’s the first one that I made also.

Attachments

• 06FDCF2C-ECDB-473B-AD4B-7DE049A837CC.jpeg
    06FDCF2C-ECDB-473B-AD4B-7DE049A837CC.jpeg
    291 KB · Views: 24
  • 6E3B4CEA-2545-404C-BD7D-D6DF7AD7981D.jpeg
    6E3B4CEA-2545-404C-BD7D-D6DF7AD7981D.jpeg
    273.8 KB · Views: 20
  • E0758A28-04A4-4CD9-A26A-F8FFC91FB631.jpeg
    E0758A28-04A4-4CD9-A26A-F8FFC91FB631.jpeg
    243.3 KB · Views: 19
So the 3-D printed side skirts and splitters on eBay absolutely suck. The guy uses the absolute cheapest materials and they shatter at the slights impact. So I made my own splitter out of 1/8 HDPE plastic. I think it turned out good and it definitely will take a hit. I’ll work on side skirts and rear tabs next.

View attachment 227008
Here’s the front splitter that I made last night and this morning. I used a small hand saw and sandpaper to make it. It’s not perfect but it’s the first one that I made also.
Yeah man, splitters are really too simple of an object to not make them yourself. I've been making my own ever since I started mangling the original one on my Infraction. I did buy a second stock splitter but more to have an accurate base for a template for whatever shape I decide to make. I've been making mine from 2 & 3mm CF sheets. I like the way it looks visually because it complements the CF GT chassis...I just hope I never bean myself with it. Few things are more annoying that CF splinters...well, except maybe half a splitter lodged in your shin/calf :LOL:

Yeah man, splitters are really too simple of an object to not make them yourself. I've been making my own ever since I started mangling the original one on my Infraction. I did buy a second stock splitter but more to have an accurate base for a template for whatever shape I decide to make. I've been making mine from 2 & 3mm CF sheets. I like the way it looks visually because it complements the CF GT chassis...I just hope I never bean myself with it. Few things are more annoying that CF splinters...well, except maybe half a splitter lodged in your shin/calf :LOL:
Yeah the one thing I told my wife is I am not making splitters or fins/wings out of carbon fiber or aluminum. The last thing I need right now is to fillet my shins 😂

View attachment 227008
I just got a GPS box from the same site. Haven't checked the mail yet 🤷‍♂️

I just got a GPS box from the same site. Haven't checked the mail yet 🤷‍♂️
I got the same gps box and it’s the same material…but it’s also pretty secure in that back area locked in between the car parts. I don’t think it will have issues like the bumpers, rear tabs and side skirts. I’m just making my own of those from now on. They are fairly simple, HDPE is cheap and cuts easy with a small thin hand saw. Just need a template which I’ve made/making from the ones I bought. Can mail you a set of templates if you like once I’m done. I plan on making a rear wing at some point also.
It works great by the way. Used it yesterday. Secures the gps well.
And what do you call these? :LOL:
View attachment 226968
Don’t evil clowns live in those thing also? 🤡

I got the same gps box and it’s the same material…but it’s also pretty secure in that back area locked in between the car parts. I don’t think it will have issues like the bumpers, rear tabs and side skirts. I’m just making my own of those from now on. They are fairly simple, HDPE is cheap and cuts easy with a small thin hand saw. Just need a template which I’ve made/making from the ones I bought. Can mail you a set of templates if you like once I’m done. I plan on making a rear wing at some point also.
It works great by the way. Used it yesterday. Secures the gps well.

Don’t evil clowns live in those thing also? 🤡
Yes, we all float here
&absolutely zero 3d printing capabilities here. Just wanted to quit having to zip tie to the wing mount. Would rather pay someone here for the same thing

Yes, we all float here
&absolutely zero 3d printing capabilities here. Just wanted to quit having to zip tie to the wing mount. Would rather pay someone here for the same thing
If you have some space on the chassis, dual lock works a treat for a GPS with or without a retention box. That's how I have mine mounted in my Infraction (Yes, a GT sized chassis does have some definite advantages when it comes to real estate).
My favorite Stephen King book
My favorite (of the ones I've read) was The Long Walk. I know, technically that's one of the Bachman books. But it's still unmistakably Stephen King.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back