Limitless Arrma Forum 3s speed run challenge

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do we have to have a gnss speed meter to participate in this thread!?
Some form of validation will be necessary so unless you have the space and resources to set up calibrated speed traps, it's really the only economically viable way to do it.

Some form of validation will be necessary so unless you have the space and resources to set up calibrated speed traps, it's really the only economically viable way to do it.
Haaa.. well I downloaded an app and I'm getting ready to see how accurate it is in the car!! I've been saying for months I need to get the gnss!!😠

Haaa.. well I downloaded an app and I'm getting ready to see how accurate it is in the car!! I've been saying for months I need to get the gnss!!😠
It's well worth the investment. It's such a small ticket item in the grand scheme of things though.

Well carnage finally paid a visit to me tonight.. got all excited about this thread!!😁
After I checked the app to see if the GPS was accurate (1 mph slower) in the bmw.. I took it to the local wally world to get some passes in, light passes cuz it just poured and it was dark!! Well.. had 3 dark spots spread evenly at the further end of the lot!! Sure enough on the second pass i came out of the second spot heading towards the curb slightly but I was already hauling the mail.. tried to swerve it right at the last minute which I honestly prolly saved it from more destruction.. just barely sideswipped the curb off the left rear, flipped the truck and skidded to a hault!! SOB 😭

On a positive note.. no parachuting!! 🤣 🤣

20220703_211236.jpg

20220703_220906.jpg

20220703_220801.jpg

Last edited:
Well carnage finally paid a visit to me tonight.. got all excited about this thread!!😁
After I checked the app to see if the GPS was accurate (1 mph slower) in the bmw.. I took it to the local wally world to get some passes in, light passes cuz it just poured and it was dark!! Well.. had 3 dark spots spread evenly at the further end of the lot!! Sure enough on the second pass i came out of the second spot heading towards the curb slightly but I was already hauling the mail.. tried to swerve it right at the last minute which I honestly prolly saved it from more destruction.. just barely sideswipped the curb off the right rear, flipped the truck and skidded to a hault!! SOB 😭

View attachment 227587

View attachment 227588

View attachment 227589
Oof that sucks but...could have been worse surely. I was uncertain whether I should like, love, laugh or be sad about this post so I just decided to respond instead :)

After I checked the app to see if the GPS was accurate (1 mph slower) in the bmw.. I took it to the local wally world to get some passes in, light passes cuz it just poured and it was dark!! Well.. had 3 dark spots spread evenly at the further end of the lot!! Sure enough on the second pass i came out of the second spot heading towards the curb slightly but I was already hauling the mail.. tried to swerve it right at the last minute which I honestly prolly saved it from more destruction.. just barely sideswipped the curb off the right rear, flipped the truck and skidded to a hault!! SOB 😭

View attachment 227587

View attachment 227588

View attachment 227589
Glad to see it wasn’t worse man!
Every time we get a run in, it’s a constant flirt with disaster. And we’re not even going that fast yet 🙄 can’t wait to see what happens when we finally manage to go fast 💥

New PB as a thunderstorm was approaching in the background. 122mph @447A, 23k RPM. Camera was playing nice tonight, thankfully, so a video validation is included. Well...now that I've reached/surpassed the initial goal I had set out for myself, I'm going to raise the bar and see if 130 is in the cards. At this point I'm only 5mph off the pace of my 6S PB @127mph.

Arrma Infraction GT Build
Castle Creations 1721 2400KV
Castle Creations XLX2
SMC-SRD 6500mAh 3S Parallel
Deltaplastik Ford C100 Body

View attachment 224785
View attachment 224786
View attachment 224788
Think about what speeds you could do if you put 6S back in the car. 140's, 150's?!?!?

Okay…we can’t break 60 and it’s frustrating as well as a bit emberessing to admit. At least I’ve had plenty of warm up practice now. I just put in a surpass 3660, 3800kv with a 50t spur and 26t pinion. If I still don’t have much luck I have a Traxxas 38T spur, courtesy of K-bash, to make a spool out of which I will combine with a 28t pinion (once I find one).

I also have an MM2 ESC that I bought from K-Bash. That all will have to wait a bit though. After today and tomorrows try everything RC goes on hold until we get back from Washington state. We have to check on my wife’s daughter and make sure she’s OK while she’s visiting her father. There’s been a whole lot of stupidity and stress going on over the last three weeks she’s been visiting him. This was expected pretty much but is extremely stressful nothing the less. I see yet another court filing in the near future 😑

Okay…we can’t break 60 and it’s frustrating as well as a bit emberessing to admit. At least I’ve had plenty of warm up practice now. I just put in a surpass 3660, 3800kv with a 50t spur and 26t pinion. If I still don’t have much luck I have a Traxxas 38T spur, courtesy of K-bash, to make a spool out of which I will combine with a 28t pinion (once I find one).

I also have an MM2 ESC that I bought from K-Bash. That all will have to wait a bit though. After today and tomorrows try everything RC goes on hold until we get back from Washington state. We have to check on my wife’s daughter and make sure she’s OK while she’s visiting her father. There’s been a whole lot of stupidity and stress going on over the last three weeks she’s been visiting him. This was expected pretty much but is extremely stressful nothing the less. I see yet another court filing in the near future 😑
Run these no problems 20$ for 5 gears..ya can probly fit a 29t.

Screenshot_20220704-163134_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Darn i have been spending way too much lately:
Extra gears(saga)
PPS mount for the VTE2 (side load of the spool is very interesting)
a 1721

I have both the limitless and vte2(except for a bend motormound) dialed in. Both do 100mph on 3S clean, but I remain cautious of exposing my xlx2's to that 4070 - 4500kv 3s. It definately lost some of it's efficiency. I am no longer gonna be speedrunning with it. Other motors lack gearing so i figured it's time to try out the 1721. And give both cars a good comparision with the same motor.

Think about what speeds you could do if you put 6S back in the car. 140's, 150's?!?!?
Yeah, this challenge has been more than encouraging looking forward. Tony Ingalls recently posted 170mph on 6S parallel in his VTE2 and a TP motor which is nuts.

Well…I’m happier! This is much closer to our original Lantern Rouge goal of 80mph 😊
On a side note, dang it… I totally forgot that the Tour de France started three days ago. Good grief. I’ve only been watching it 31 years. Think I’d remember 😂

E5D18941-509D-4582-A61B-510579D5FFC6.png

Did have one small mishap. Since this is a newly poured blacktop road I kind of missed the 4” or so tall chunk of solid blacktop sticking up …until I managed to hit it going somewhere around 60. Fortunately the splitter I had made out of 1/8” HDPE plastic flexed nicely, throwing the car straight up a couple feet end over end. There was no damage aside from a chunk taken out of the splitter. I shoo gooed the body out of habit so that probably helped too. I’ll pay closer attention to the road surface next time. ‘New’ doesn’t necessarily mean ‘done’ I guess.

Did have one small mishap. Since this is a newly poured blacktop road I kind of missed the 4” or so tall chunk of solid blacktop sticking up …until I managed to hit it going somewhere around 60. Fortunately the splitter I had made out of 1/8” HDPE plastic flexed nicely, throwing the car straight up a couple feet end over end. There was no damage aside from a chunk taken out of the splitter. I shoo gooed the body out of habit so that probably helped too. I’ll pay closer attention to the road surface next time. ‘New’ doesn’t necessarily mean ‘done’ I guess.
It's not always a waste of time to walk down the road you wanna run on...this being an excellent case in point. Glad to hear there was no major damage. Good thing you made that splitter! (y)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back