Limitless Arrma Forum 3s speed run challenge

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got "excessive current" beeps yesterday after a run. Checked the log and it peaked at 540ish. What make the code trigger? A spike? Not an actual number or limit? Just curious about this stuff as I'm trying to soak it all in.
"Excessive load" was the code

I got "excessive current" beeps yesterday after a run. Checked the log and it peaked at 540ish. What make the code trigger? A spike? Not an actual number or limit? Just curious about this stuff as I'm trying to soak it all in.
"Excessive load" was the code
Right the ESC can handle up to around 700A so it isn't the load specifically, but how it was applied.
If you are a little jumpy on the throttle it could cause this although I have seen Raz get this same error with the perfect pass throttle control too....

Finally got proof of 107. Video was filmed by my kid with a samsung A0sweet potatoe.. Apologies for the quality. The first drive down to the start line trigger excessive load code again. Not sure what's up with that. All I was doing was turning around and barely moving. Drove down to retrieve the car and gave it one more try. Matched my PB and couldn't be happier.

Screenshot_20220807-184607_GNSS PA.jpg

20220807_192553.jpg

Finally got proof of 107. Video was filmed by my kid with a samsung A0sweet potatoe.. Apologies for the quality. The first drive down to the start line trigger excessive load code again. Not sure what's up with that. All I was doing was turning around and barely moving. Drove down to retrieve the car and gave it one more try. Matched my PB and couldn't be happier.

View attachment 234651

View attachment 234652
Good run,I'd fo

View attachment 234651

View attachment 234652
Good run,I'd take a look at ROLL RESISTANCE..ripple,amp draw,an esc temp are a bit high telling me ya got some resistance.check center shafts for vibrations,pull spool an see how easy diffs are spinning...you running stock safe-d cups???I run my mesh looser than normal on 3s...

View attachment 234651

View attachment 234652
"It's comming back! That's the first time!" Your wife/GF is clearly enjoying the hobby too :)

Good run,I'd take a look at ROLL RESISTANCE..ripple,amp draw,an esc temp are a bit high telling me ya got some resistance.check center shafts for vibrations,pull spool an see how easy diffs are spinning...you running stock safe-d cups???I run my mesh looser than normal on 3s
Much appreciated info 🙏 I have replaced the rear cup with speedtek. I'll do the front soon. The car seamed to roll freely a couple days ago when I changed a gear but I'll go over it again. Thank you 🤝

New 3s PB. @K-BASH thanks for the info hommie. Once I get the front diff spinning good I should be able to gain a few more mph. Got the center driveshafts spinning nice and straight now. Front diff spins not so freely even when opened up. Replaced the bearings behind the pinion and drive cup but they aren't that free spinning. Think I'll get these 👇 and see how it spins.

Screenshot_20220809-194434_GNSS PA.jpg

Screenshot_20220809-211708_Samsung Internet.jpg

New 3s PB. @K-BASH thanks for the info hommie. Once I get the front diff spinning good I should be able to gain a few more mph. Got the center driveshafts spinning nice and straight now. Front diff spins not so freely even when opened up. Replaced the bearings behind the pinion and drive cup but they aren't that free spinning. Think I'll get these 👇 and see how it spins.

View attachment 234977

View attachment 234980
Any vibrations,center shafts,tires will also hold ya back....get the front spinning goooood an 110++++.......Great # for open wheel car...I also oil bearings up good every 5ish runs
Any vibrations,center shafts,tires will also hold ya back....get the front spinning goooood an 110++++.......Great # for open wheel car...I also oil bearings up good every 5ish runs
You get everything spinning goood an you'll be blown away,a little kick an it'll roll 10ft....that's what ya want...

View attachment 234977

View attachment 234980
Bet ya pulled less amps (521),,less watts,an less ripple an heat than your 107mph pass..

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back