Limitless Arrma Forum 3s speed run challenge

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I know it ain’t cheap. I’ve been buying parts for the build over about the last 4 months, spreading out the cost. I have most everything to complete it now except for a couple of odds and ends I probably have overlooked, and the ESC. Was thinking of the MMX8s, but for $40.00 more I should probably just get the XLX2 and be done with it. I do still need to buy some 8mm gears as well. At least I got a TP motor on sale two weeks ago, and that has an 8mm shaft so I can share with the spool.
When this thing is together I’m going to try and resist the urge to tally up the cost of the build. Probably scare the hell out of myself and put a whammy on my brain that would psych me out in fear every time I made a pass…
Absolutely go with the XLX2.
Its worth the extra

Absolutely go with the XLX2.
Its worth the extra
+1
You'd need a cap pack for speed running the MMX8S and with that additional cost you'd have had an XLX2. And that gives you 200A+ more headroom at the top end. Totally worth the couple of extra bucks in the long run. You'll find yourself wishing you went with the XLX2 right around the time when you start approaching 400A...which comes faster than you think.

I'm really not just trying to spend your money @Dan B. , I'm just trying to maximize your enjoyment and help you avoid buying two items when you could have just bought one and be done with it :)

+1
You'd need a cap pack for speed running the MMX8S and with that additional cost you'd have had an XLX2. And that gives you 200A+ more headroom at the top end. Totally worth the couple of extra bucks in the long run. You'll find yourself wishing you went with the XLX2 right around the time when you start approaching 400A...which comes faster than you think.

I'm really not just trying to spend your money @Dan B. , I'm just trying to maximize your enjoyment and help you avoid buying two items when you could have just bought one and be done with it :)
All true👆 I've maxed out mmx8s in plastic chassis vendetta on 3s/124mph,this detta is 2/12lbs lighter than any 1/8th car..400a don't get ya too far..xlx2 is the only way to the promise land

I would say if conditions are not ideal try to be patient and wait. Crashes are just not worth it when you consider losing a set of tires, a lipo, and breakages.
Yeah. I typically don't even run on the day after one where it rains. If at all possible I want two consecutive dry days before I head out for a pass. I know you don't really have that issue in Texas :)

Yeah. I typically don't even run on the day after one where it rains. If at all possible I want two consecutive dry days before I head out for a pass. I know you don't really have that issue in Texas :)
I would say if conditions are not ideal try to be patient and wait. Crashes are just not worth it when you consider losing a set of tires, a lipo, and breakages.
Yea it continued on through the night, off and on just enough to steer me away!! Fresh bath so I wasnt feeling it.. 😠

Yea my first run was a super soaker, very hard to keep her straight and man what a job to clean.. was a task just to pull that 50mph I got!!
I love this hobby, but in all honesty I don’t run anything in the wet anymore. Cleaning well is too tedious, and it eats bearings much more quickly.
Yes, I’m lazy like that!

I love this hobby, but in all honesty I don’t run anything in the wet anymore. Cleaning well is too tedious, and it eats bearings much more quickly.
Yes, I’m lazy like that!
^^This :)

I only run in the dry and the weather has been :poop: here for the last while and will be until Wednesday so I did a full teardown yesterday for cleaning. Aside from all that foams make running in the wet, near as makes no difference, impossible.
1663510363613.jpeg

Last edited:
@Senton_Prime

Not sure if you have gears or not but you could put bigger tires on if you have some to have the same effect as gearing up. Good luck bro 👍
Yep, just trying to transition these over to all-road first!! Close but no cigar!! 🤣

I'm close on the rears and far on the fronts!!

20220918_202847.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back