Limitless Arrma Forum 4s speed run challenge

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This thread will serve as the Arrma forum 2022
4s speed run challenge. (not the Arrma 3s or 4s line, but a challenge for running 4s voltage)

Rules:
- Have fun and enjoy the journey
- Be safe and considers others' safety!
- Help each other improve
- Must be 4s voltage (any number of batteries parallel as long as it stays 4s LiPo max voltage) (4.2v * 4 = 16.8v max voltage)
- Any motor (assuming we are ok with dual motors should someone want to run that)
- Any ESC (come on it's always the XLX2 ;) )
- Any tires (Rubber or foam)
- Chassis any 1/8 or 1/7 ("1/10" cars like Slash 4x4 that are truly by size/measurement a 1/8 scale are allowed)
- (NO 1/10 scale small touring cars like 4tec, serpent, Tamiya etc)
- Standard rules for showing GPS that we normally do.
- In your video show the batteries are 4s (5 wires) and if running parallel clearly show the connection going to the ESC.

****Post your video link in this thread and I'll edit the original post with a spreadsheet of standings a few times per week. Also note the car so I can keep up with the list. If you are running multiple cars I will post your best/top speed****
(Optional if you want to share what motor, batteries, and gearing you are running. I am totally fine with you keeping that secret if you would like)

RankingMemberSpeed in MPHCellsCarMotorKVBatteryVideo confirmed
1phildogg1444sSlash 4x4Castle 172124002pYes
2Slow RC Mike1404sVTECastle 172124002pYes
3VWturboWolf1314sVTE22pPartial

Sweet pass and trackin' straight as an arrow. Cali weather is tough to beat man. The season is coming to an end here it seems. Weather is fine during the day when I can't run and it's been drizzling every night for the past week. I'm just going to do one more 3S pass and then move to 4S. Hopefully I can get a few passes in before the fat lady sings.

Sweet pass and trackin' straight as an arrow. Cali weather is tough to beat man. The season is coming to an end here it seems. Weather is fine during the day when I can't run and it's been drizzling every night for the past week. I'm just going to do one more 3S pass and then move to 4S. Hopefully I can get a few passes in before the fat lady sings.
Thanks buddy and good luck

Just finished watching. Great work man. I was excited to see you start running this motor and seeing how far you could push it. Your climbing so fast
Thanks buddy
Bro,I completely understand why ya don't like to answer questions, an I respect that.but does any speed give ya the hand shakes anymore,or does any speed get ya excited anymore.your so calm an collective
I answer questions and helping people every day for over a decade now buddy just been doing it for so long on the same road so you kind of work up a routine of what’s gonna happen and you just get used to it

4s speed run challenge. (not the Arrma 3s or 4s line, but a challenge for running 4s voltage)

Rules:
- Must be 4s voltage (any number of batteries parallel as long as it stays 4s LiPo max voltage) (4.2v * 4 = 16.8v max voltage)
- Any motor (assuming we are ok with dual motors should someone want to run that)
- Chassis any 1/8 or 1/7 ("1/10" cars like Slash 4x4 that are truly by size/measurement a 1/8 scale are allowed)
- In your video show the batteries are 4s (5 wires) and if running parallel clearly show the connection going to the ESC.

****Post your video link in this thread and I'll edit the original post with a spreadsheet of standings a few times per week. Also note the car so I can keep up with the list. If you are running multiple cars I will post your best/top speed****
(Optional if you want to share what motor, batteries, and gearing you are running. I am totally fine with you keeping that secret if you would like)

1Slow RC Mike1474sVTECastle 172124002pYes
2phildogg1444sSlash 4x4Castle 172124002pYes
3VWturboWolf1314sVTE22pPartial
Jeeeezzzz i cant imagine what @slow rc mike can do on 8s!!!

wanted to ask whether everyone is cool with me running my dual motor limitless some more on 4s for this challenge. It is all for fun anyways. I’m thinking that after a couple more 8s sessions in pursuit of higher numbers I’ll regear it for 4s.
I feel like now that everyone is posting up big numbers I can drop this in here.
I absolutely won’t be surprise to see 160 from someone in here 😁

wanted to ask whether everyone is cool with me running my dual motor limitless some more on 4s for this challenge. It is all for fun anyways. I’m thinking that after a couple more 8s sessions in pursuit of higher numbers I’ll regear it for 4s.
I feel like now that everyone is posting up big numbers I can drop this in here.
Of course!! The rules state:

so why the hell not? I, for one, am curious to see what a dual motor on 4S can do. Sweet pass as always (y)

Of course!! The rules state:

so why the hell not? I, for one, am curious to see what a dual motor on 4S can do. Sweet pass as always (y)
Agreed, I wanna see something special 😃
I'm living vicariously thru you guys!!😉

There is no prize or really any sort of "winning" in this. It is just a list and friendly competition.
So by all means go for it. I'd love to see what it can do!

There is no prize or really any sort of "winning" in this. It is just a list and friendly competition.
So by all means go for it. I'd love to see what it can do!
No monetary prize, but there are many rewards. The knowledge of limits, be it equipment-physical and electronic, setups in suspension, aerodynamics, motor etc all make you guys extremely beneficial to the new folks, like me, who are trying like hell to get faster 🤩
We're ALL winners 😂

No monetary prize, but there are many rewards. The knowledge of limits, be it equipment-physical and electronic, setups in suspension, aerodynamics, motor etc all make you guys extremely beneficial to the new folks, like me, who are trying like hell to get faster 🤩
We're ALL winners 😂
Very true, just saying people would get butt hurt about a dual motor competing against the others if there was a more competitive vibe going based on people going after a prize.

Very true, just saying people would get butt hurt about a dual motor competing against the others if there was a more competitive vibe going based on people going after a prize.
I think if this were a competition for prizes you'd have to split it up by scale and number of motors to even out the chances of success for everyone. Same with the 3S challenge. I don't think there's a realistic chance of a 1/7 scale coming anywhere close to Mike's 137mph pass. But this is just all in good fun and friendly competition and that helps keep it all friendly which promotes information sharing so that everyone can benefit from one another.

A good friend asked me to drop this run here , I hope it's OK
GLad to see you here!! Question whats your fastest speed so far?

Rules:

****Post your video link in this thread and I'll edit the original post with a spreadsheet of standings a few times per week. Also note the car so I can keep up with the list. If you are running multiple cars I will post your best/top speed for 1 car, whichever is the fastest****

1MP-RC1494sVTETP2pYes
2Slow RC Mike1474sVTECastle 172124002pYes
3phildogg1444sSlash 4x4Castle 172124002pYes
3VWturboWolf1444sLimitlessDual motor TP1 per sideYes
Someone here is gonna get a 4s world record!!

Or at least beat tony ingalls 152

Or at least beat tony ingalls 152

I wouldn't be supprised.
We have a talented group here with years of experience. They are already pulling great numbers!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back