Limitless Arrma Forum 4s speed run challenge

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks buddy I’m just an average guy that’s having fun
Yeah, but just barely average :LOL:

I kid of course. I do appreciate your humble approach to things though. For an average guy...you do pretty damn good ;) Looking forward to the video (y)

This thread will serve as the Arrma forum 2022
4s speed run challenge. (not the Arrma 3s or 4s line, but a challenge for running 4s voltage)

Rules:
- Have fun and enjoy the journey
- Be safe and considers others' safety!
- Help each other improve
- Must be 4s voltage (any number of batteries parallel as long as it stays 4s LiPo max voltage) (4.2v * 4 = 16.8v max voltage)
- Any motor (assuming we are ok with dual motors should someone want to run that)
- Any ESC (come on it's always the XLX2 ;) )
- Any tires (Rubber or foam)
- Chassis any 1/8 or 1/7 ("1/10" cars like Slash 4x4 that are truly by size/measurement a 1/8 scale are allowed)
- (NO 1/10 scale small touring cars like 4tec, serpent, Tamiya etc)
- Standard rules for showing GPS that we normally do.
- In your video show the batteries are 4s (5 wires) and if running parallel clearly show the connection going to the ESC.

****Post your video link in this thread and I'll edit the original post with a spreadsheet of standings a few times per week. Also note the car so I can keep up with the list. If you are running multiple cars I will post your best/top speed for 1 car, whichever is the fastest****
(Optional if you want to share what motor, batteries, and gearing you are running. I am totally fine with you keeping that secret if you would like)

RankingMemberSpeed in MPHCellsCarMotorKVBatteryVideo confirmed
1Slow RC Mike1534sVTE (1/8)Castle 172124002pYes
2MP-RC1494sVTE (1/8)TP2pYes
3phildogg1484sSlash 4x4 (1/8)Castle 172124002pYes
4VWturboWolf1444sLimitless (1/7)Dual motor TP1 per sideYes
5K-bash1194sTyphon 6s GT (1/8)TP2PYes

had a really successful session this morning with the first passes after my dual motor car crash. Made three runs.
First run I realized I forgot to tighten motors after setting mesh😂, second and third runs were decent, very short full throttle pulls,
139 pass was with the 6500 onyx packs

ECCECA2E-0E83-4C0D-B9E7-394038351A29.png
5BA6414B-B191-4B00-90C8-0840435EDDBB.png
DECB82B6-ADA4-4137-A540-63F8C4EDEF45.png

Had a frustrating morning losing signal twice and almost having the car ran over by a truck and bus,
I figured out my booster plug for some reason isn’t making a good connection into the booster Itself. I’m going to have to get that sorted.
After ten minutes of back and forth and packs that were now cold, I still got a new pb

Unfortunately it’s not a full video but I’m sure I’ll do it again.
E4516095-C67F-4B40-B54E-288AE2D12807.png

Partial video I might go run again later to get a full video
Nothing is more gut-wrenching than seeing your car on the road with a car/truck/bus oncoming and no radio signal. It makes me sick!
Glad it turned out ok and congrats on the new PB!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back