Arrma Founder Interview

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excellent question and response around the 12 minute mark regarding people expectations of how tough and durable an RC should be. He hit the nail on the head by saying experienced hobbyists realize the law of physics while the new comer has these unrealistic expectations. They don't realize the skill it takes to do what @Rich Duperbash @RC DUDE81 and @Thomas P do. These guys land on the wheels! That's kind of important :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Some interesting tidbit about future products came at around 24min, he said that they going to expand the range, and it hard to say for sure, but it sounded like Jason was referring to one of the options that Vas was mentioning, which was 1/18 small scale, nitro or 1/5 scale.

I assume Nitro is out of the question, and personally i want the small scale, and i think it suits Arrma more as it is more main stream than the large scale, but the part at the end where Jason advised us all to sell stuff so we have more money for Arrma products got me worried that he was talking about the large scale...

One really great takeaway from the third video, is the thought that everyone can buy one of these trucks, and send it like they see in all the mainstream YouTuber's videos. When I drive my Notorious, I keep it low and level, with the occasional 5 or 6 feet of air. If I ran my Slash in the exact same manner, the result was mostly catastrophic. I get a real rush pegging the throttle, popping a wheelie, and approaching a ramp at almost a stand still, but still being able to launch it with a simple squeeze. It's fun watching the videos of 20 to 30 foot jumps, but I never feel I need to go that extreme to have a good time. Maybe I'm old and soft, or maybe it's the thought of spending money to constantly repair, but I honestly think that the 6s vehicles are a blast, even when motoring around in a small, confined area. Maybe one day, I'll go for broke (literally), but for now, the smiles are a plenty, even when keeping my truck in our own atmosphere. This story might be different when the weather warms up, and the skate parks are open, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
Really enjoyed the series of videos, and the opportunity to see how an entrepreneur found a way to continuously move forward, and find ways to overcome the many hurdles that might have eliminated the Arrma brand completely. Kudos to Jason Dearden, and all the of the great team at Arrma Rc! Smiles per $'s has completely exceeded all my expectations, and then there's this incredible forum. Without Jason's hard work and determination, there wouldn't be this amazing family of awesome people!

I was the same way, Johnny. But as you drive them more and more you start to try new things...slightly bigger jumps....a front flip...a double back flip. Too many people try to "send it" without the proper experience and they bust up their truck and blame Arrma. When I used to shoot pool in a league, there were always guys that missed shots and blamed the cue stick. I used to say, "It ain't the arrow, it's the Injun." In other words, user error :ROFLMAO:

I was the same way, Johnny. But as you drive them more and more you start to try new things...slightly bigger jumps....a front flip...a double back flip. Too many people try to "send it" without the proper experience and they bust up their truck and blame Arrma. When I used to shoot pool in a league, there were always guys that missed shots and blamed the cue stick. I used to say, "It ain't the arrow, it's the Injun." In other words, user error :ROFLMAO:
I totally agree. When I first took out my Notorious, I wrecked a couple of things, then started to rant here in the forum. Someone quickly put me in my place (not mentioning any names, but starts with B and ends with M). Since then, I now take the good with the bad, and know that only I can control what and when will break, during a run. Like I said, it's still a lot of fun to run these 6s monsters in small spaces, as the torque on demand is awe inspiring. Will I take it to the next level one day? Probably. By then, I'll have an arsenal of spare parts and the know how to get it back on the road quickly. #sendingitsoftly

I grew up skateboarding.... The Tony Hawk reference was really cool .... "You just don't buy a new board and elevator drop off the pools edge" ... Now that's something I can relate to.. Practice, Practice, Repair.. Repeat

Excellent question and response around the 12 minute mark regarding people expectations of how tough and durable an RC should be. He hit the nail on the head by saying experienced hobbyists realize the law of physics while the new comer has these unrealistic expectations. They don't realize the skill it take to do what @Rich Duperbash @RC DUDE81 and @Thomas P does. These guys land on the wheels! That's kiond of important :ROFLMAO:
Thanks for the mention bro! ?Yea it took A LOT of practice to get where I am now with jumping. Breaks, Sweat and tears! lol As I'm sure it's the same with @Rich Duperbash and @Thomas P. Months of small jumps in the yard. Starting small and getting bigger and bigger as I went. Not all jumps end well still due to brain farts etc.:ROFLMAO: but Jason was right in the interview. These new guys think they can get stupid with it and blame it on Arrma when it breaks!

i was lucky since ive been racing for a long time. I don't say its easy, but a lot more with the background i have. And the biggest problem is..when people see people jump, land on all 4 ?, they like Eric said, think they jist can do the same...crash, blame the car.

Huhu and i sure xxx crash..when i do i do it hard ?...that time, when ya not even started, and land bad ???????

I was bummed to hear that they don't plan to expand on the 2wd lineup, i was really hoping that just like the 4x4 started with the Mega and then expanded to the 3s version, the same would happend to the Voltage line. it’s a shame, since it’s such a fun car to drive when overpowered.

Huge props to Vas and Jason for doing this?!!!! Super excited to see what 2019 brings?. Not too concerned about scale or voltage. Either way I'm game ?
RIGHT ON brother! ??

You guys have done so much to promote the Arrma brand. A good part of their popularity comes from your videos. So thanks for that (and for the vids being so enjoyable to watch (y))

Just watch interview ,great job. Now do I buy Talion or wait?

Excellent question and response around the 12 minute mark regarding people expectations of how tough and durable an RC should be. He hit the nail on the head by saying experienced hobbyists realize the law of physics while the new comer has these unrealistic expectations. They don't realize the skill it takes to do what @Rich Duperbash @RC DUDE81 and @Thomas P do. These guys land on the wheels! That's kind of important :ROFLMAO:
Reminds me of the guy who posted in the Raider forums, back when I first joined this forum, was complaining that the car was as cheap as a Chinese rc after running his brushless raider into a street sign at 35+ mph and breaking an a arm.

Loved the interview. Def think something new is coming for sure. I could see it in his eyes ahaha. Love Arrma now that I own one.

So to summarize:
Thomas, Rich, 81, and Vas are the reason for 1/2 the credit card debt on the forum and part of the reason we don't tell our wives how much we have invested into the hobby.

Speaking of Vas,
why is he not on here?
Someone send him an invite and tell him he's missing out

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back