Kraton Arrma from Traxxas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wmorgan

When in doubt...bash it!
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Notorious
  4. Outcast 6s
  5. Typhon 6s
Just ordered a V4 Kraton in blue from Tower Hobbies!!! Should arrive April 2-8. Can't wait!!

Was about to get the Rustler 4 vxl and try to get a Kraton V4 later. The more research I did on the Rustler the more concerned I became about the value vs $$s. For $170 more I'm getting the Kraton V4. Based on what I've heard and read this is a bargain. I would've spent more than that on upgrades for the Rustler to get it to 3S. I hope I'm right...we'll see.

How reliable is Tower Hobbies on filling orders??

I've dealt with Tower forever, they've reliable filling orders and ship fast. Congrats on the Kraton.

The Rustler 4 VXL is a tuff little truck. You cannot compare it to the Kraton. They are in different classes, like trying to compare apples and oranges. The Rustler 4 out the box is reliable, the only thing to maby upgrade is the stock shock caps $14., and some people don't have a problem with them.

I don't see why you think you have to spend all the $ you said on upgrades. I run mine on 3s only and beat the hell out of it and haven't broken a thing. Haven't upgraded anything but a esc fan.

I'm not a Traxxas fan boy but I buy what I like and I always liked the Rustler. The new Rustler 4 VXL is way beyond the 2wd Rustler. Just want you to know this from someone who actually owns one.

The Kraton and Rustler 4 VXL are 2 amazing models in my eyes and fill 2 different niches. Fun factor is there bashing either.

I've dealt with Tower forever, they've reliable filling orders and ship fast. Congrats on the Kraton.

The Rustler 4 VXL is a tuff little truck. You cannot compare it to the Kraton. They are in different classes, like trying to compare apples and oranges. The Rustler 4 out the box is reliable, the only thing to maby upgrade is the stock shock caps $14., and some people don't have a problem with them.

I don't see why you think you have to spend all the $ you said on upgrades. I run mine on 3s only and beat the hell out of it and haven't broken a thing. Haven't upgraded anything but a esc fan.

I'm not a Traxxas fan boy but I buy what I like and I always liked the Rustler. The new Rustler 4 VXL is way beyond the 2wd Rustler. Just want you to know this from someone who actually owns one.

The Kraton and Rustler 4 VXL are 2 amazing models in my eyes and fill 2 different niches. Fun factor is there bashing either.
I agree on the difference in vehicles. Only similarities are that they were both on my list for next RC purchase and they are relatively close in price if you can say $170 is close...I guess with what you get with the Kraton I think it dwarfs the $ difference.
Regarding the Rustler vxl. I had to replace rear drive shaft the first time I took it out bashing on 3S. I had already replaced the BCs and shocks because they couldn't hold up to the nimh bashing. I'm not a horrible basher but I'm certainly not claiming to be skilled. I bash in open areas and rarely get the wheels over 3' off the ground in jumps. A few roll overs taking sharp turns. This is when the BC cracked and shock caps blew. Also replaced A-arms and camber arms bc a stock A-arm flexed too much and broke a camber arm.
If you're bashing running 3S on stock set up then good on you! I mean that.

Just ordered a V4 Kraton in blue from Tower Hobbies!!! Should arrive April 2-8. Can't wait!!

Was about to get the Rustler 4 vxl and try to get a Kraton V4 later. The more research I did on the Rustler the more concerned I became about the value vs $$s. For $170 more I'm getting the Kraton V4. Based on what I've heard and read this is a bargain. I would've spent more than that on upgrades for the Rustler to get it to 3S. I hope I'm right...we'll see.

How reliable is Tower Hobbies on filling orders??
Yeah I’d go Kraton. For $170 more it’s not even a question.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back