Arrma Fury - problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just FYI: Arrma Support, (Hobbico in the US), replaced my ADS-5 plastic geared servo under warranty and they sent me an ADS-7M metal geared servo as the replacement.

Just FYI: Arrma Support, (Hobbico in the US), replaced my ADS-5 plastic geared servo under warranty and they sent me an ADS-7M metal geared servo as the replacement.

Seems like no such luck in Australia... Tried emailing the distributor but no reply. Store I bought the car from were adamant servo wasn't covered under the Arrma warranty.

I've popped my futaba spare servo in for now and will wait for metal gear set to arrive.

Be nice if you could speak to someone from Arrma, the Facebook page person who replies to messages just gives canned responses

My experience has also been that email and Facebook do not get responses. Calling Hobbico for US based support requires waiting on hold a bit but once a rep is on the phone the service has been exceptional with them sending replacement parts with very few questions and I usually have the parts within a week.

Have you tried calling the number listed for Australia support on the Arrma site?

AUSTRALIA
sms.png

Southern Model Supplies
35 Bennet Avenue
Melrose Park
South Australia 5039

T: 08 8276 7722
F: 08 8277 6252
W: http://www.southernmodels.com.au

My 2013 Fury BLX has not been as durable as advertised. I purchased it on a black Friday deal from Tower Hobbies for $180. But considering I bought it for half price, I'm willing to overlook some of the issues.

So far I had 2 motors and an ESC replaced under warranty. Hobbico's customer service is top notch.

I rebuilt the differential twice. Both times it sounded like a coffee grinder and wouldn't go forward. It's held up so far. I got the upgraded diff kit the second time around with the upgraded shims.

I broke the front servo box. Two of the four screws were missing from the factory on the bottom and that is where it failed. My fault, I should have installed 2 additional screws from the spares I had laying around.

Rear shock towers cracked near the base. The replacements I bought were beefed up in that exact location. Must have been a known issue and I got the upgraded towers.

That's all for now. Stock servo is still going strong. My steering ball cups pop out once in a while, but I pop than back in and keep going. I'm going to try the fix that someone posted on this forum.

Wow, two BLX motors? What happened?

That shock tower is a first for me. Do you have pictures of the broken part?

Are your steering rod ball cups not secured by a bolt? Both my 2013 mega and blx's Fury's come with this option as default?

My 2013 Fury BLX has not been as durable as advertised. I purchased it on a black Friday deal from Tower Hobbies for $180. But considering I bought it for half price, I'm willing to overlook some of the issues.

So far I had 2 motors and an ESC replaced under warranty. Hobbico's customer service is top notch.

I rebuilt the differential twice. Both times it sounded like a coffee grinder and wouldn't go forward. It's held up so far. I got the upgraded diff kit the second time around with the upgraded shims.

I broke the front servo box. Two of the four screws were missing from the factory on the bottom and that is where it failed. My fault, I should have installed 2 additional screws from the spares I had laying around.

Rear shock towers cracked near the base. The replacements I bought were beefed up in that exact location. Must have been a known issue and I got the upgraded towers.

That's all for now. Stock servo is still going strong. My steering ball cups pop out once in a while, but I pop than back in and keep going. I'm going to try the fix that someone posted on this forum.

Wauw...And I thought I had bad luck with my Mojave BLX...(Note. Some due through sheer stupidity on my side, but that's another story)...:eek:

The diff is a known issue...You need to add some washers in the diff...To tighten it up a bit...I think there's a thread about some where on the forum...

The shock tower issue is new to me to...I must admit that I find the parts pretty sturdy...The times I broke something, I really broke it...(Or my neighbour came crashing into it with his much hated Traxxas Slash ;))...

In general I can say I am pretty happy with my Mojave...I hope you can still find some joy and fun bashing in the Fury...

Wow, two BLX motors? What happened?

That shock tower is a first for me. Do you have pictures of the broken part?

Are your steering rod ball cups not secured by a bolt? Both my 2013 mega and blx's Fury's come with this option as default?

First time, my ESC went out and Arrma had me send in the ESC and motor in. I received a new ESC and motor under warranty. I think the service order noted that the motor was "intermittent". Not sure what that means. Second time, the bearing blew out that holds the output shaft. I run it on 2S LiPo. The only thing I could think of is that my slipper was too tight.

I do not have a picture of the broken shock tower, but i was able to find the old one and the upgraded one online. I circled where mine broke and the beefed up area on the new one.
old tower.jpg new tower.jpg

No, my rod ends are not secured by a bolt. The ball stud is screwed into the hub carrier and the rod ends are attached to the steering linkage. When the rod end ball cup pops off of the ball stud, I just pop it back in with pliers and keep going. Not a big deal, just an annoyance when it happens.

@Aflan - I think the diff issue is solved, hopefully. I'm certain that I got the upgraded diff rebuild kit the second time around with the larger shims.

Even with all the issues, this is still my go to basher.

EDIT: It looks like the 2015 model comes with captured rod ends.
Unboxing-ARRMA-FURY-BLX-Brushless-RTR-10.jpg

Last edited:
Rang southern model supplies, they advised that stripping out serving teeth is my fault for running on grass and turning too hard ?? Ahh well I got metal gears set from shop in Adelaide for 18.90 delivered so all installed and working.

Fingers crossed nothing else breaks. I'm kind of tough on the car now as I was pretty gentle with it and bloody thing kept breaking so might as well use it like other people do and enjoy if it is going to keep breaking down. People say Tamiya are cheap and nasty but at least (in my experience) they are durable. I've never broken anything in the driveline of my tamiyas and I've run brushless 9T hobby wing in shaft drive and belt drive and given them hell.... Suprised at how fragile the Arrma car gas been.

Anyway going to jump and run this car to my hearts content now and I guess keep replacing things!

I work with a Junior High RC Club and several of our drivers will be running the brushed version of the Fury. Do you have suggestions on the pare parts I should have available? Thanks.

I would keep extra spur gears. They go out on any RC vehicle. With the Fury, perhaps and extra Diff or two. If you have to rebuild it, make sure it is nice and tight. I have an extra shim on either side of the spider gears. It has been running great since that.

Good luck.

Spare screws too, and super glue the rear body posts on if you going to jump it

Blx model the wheelie bar is essential on 2s or 3s lipo

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back