ARRMA garbage!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I have granite blx. I'm no longer running the stock electronics. It almost caught fire twice only running NIMH batteries with the stock esc and motor, now using a castle creations setup. My younger brother who lives 12 hrs South of me baught one as well his almost caught fire yesterday. Battery got super hot and blew the casing apart.. His servo link poped of after the second run! his diff cups are mangled after 4 runs and it came with some half ass glued tires.. I'm tired of hearing all these issues and ARRMA still selling the same poop.. You better have a supply of parts bc these things are junk and brittle. Land on the lid and crack there goes the body, cartwheel and dog bones go flying, wont turn because of junk plastic bushings motor cogs the list goes on and on. What's the point of owning one if you have to replace body mounts, deal with super sloppy steering setup, generic electronics, China made material, and piss poor solutions.. Frustrating to say the least.. I would not recommend an arrma to anyone!!
I have a typhon 3s first time out breaks a shock. 2 days later steering servo is out. Literally have ran 4 batteries and it has broken twice. I would love to shove that car up someone's ass over it.

I know it's not the same truck but I'm running a limitless and have to say I was pretty much a noob to the whole speed run thing and with that being said my limitless took one hell of a beating. I mean I hit the grave on the shoulder where I was running at about 122mph and it did flips and cart wheels at least 25 feet in the air and it did some stuff no rc should go threw ended up 40 feet into a corn feild and all I broke was an a arm and one of the side plates for my rear wing. I'm deffinwtly impressed with mine. Maybe you guys got a bad batch or maybe you expect to much from plastic. Who knows. My modo is" bash it til I breaks" ....in my opinion repair is half the hobby. In my own opinion of course.😜😁😜🤣

I know it's not the same truck but I'm running a limitless and have to say I was pretty much a noob to the whole speed run thing and with that being said my limitless took one hell of a beating. I mean I hit the grave on the shoulder where I was running at about 122mph and it did flips and cart wheels at least 25 feet in the air and it did some stuff no rc should go threw ended up 40 feet into a corn feild and all I broke was an a arm and one of the side plates for my rear wing. I'm deffinwtly impressed with mine. Maybe you guys got a bad batch or maybe you expect to much from plastic. Who knows. My modo is" bash it til I breaks" ....in my opinion repair is half the hobby. In my own opinion of course.😜😁😜🤣
No this guy was a kornball haa!!

tumbleweed GIF

Well I have granite blx. I'm no longer running the stock electronics. It almost caught fire twice only running NIMH batteries with the stock esc and motor, now using a castle creations setup. My younger brother who lives 12 hrs South of me baught one as well his almost caught fire yesterday. Battery got super hot and blew the casing apart.. His servo link poped of after the second run! his diff cups are mangled after 4 runs and it came with some half ass glued tires.. I'm tired of hearing all these issues and ARRMA still selling the same poop.. You better have a supply of parts bc these things are junk and brittle. Land on the lid and crack there goes the body, cartwheel and dog bones go flying, wont turn because of junk plastic bushings motor cogs the list goes on and on. What's the point of owning one if you have to replace body mounts, deal with super sloppy steering setup, generic electronics, China made material, and piss poor solutions.. Frustrating to say the least.. I would not recommend an arrma to anyone!!
I'm right there with you on this. As a newbie to rc and only about 1 1/2 years in to it I must say, these things break. A LOT.
My ARRMA , Notorious didn't make it through it's very first run. Lost steering control completely and it wasn't due to distance. It just wouldn't respond took it to the hobby shop where I bought it and was told I needed a new servi. $not cheap (should have insisted on warranty being it was less than 2 weeks old. Installed and worked for about 5 minutes.
Back to the shop. A new controller? $100 more bucks. They helped me get it going. It worked. Then on my 3rd. Run the steering went again and it crashed hard. I contacted arrma and got the run around. I searched the web and learned how to rr program the controller. Got the thing going and then the rest diff. Have out.
Emailed arrma support and let them know about all of this. Got a response of the basics. Sent a copy of the receipt, including the servo.and controller. They sent me a new esc. Wtf? They should have replaced the entire thing. With over $1000 spent ( car $599, batteries and a charger about $400, replacement parts about $250) and the 2 he. Drive time and 3 trios it has been a nightmare. I really want it to work right.

I'm right there with you on this. As a newbie to rc and only about 1 1/2 years in to it I must say, these things break. A LOT.
My ARRMA , Notorious didn't make it through it's very first run. Lost steering control completely and it wasn't due to distance. It just wouldn't respond took it to the hobby shop where I bought it and was told I needed a new servi. $not cheap (should have insisted on warranty being it was less than 2 weeks old. Installed and worked for about 5 minutes.
Back to the shop. A new controller? $100 more bucks. They helped me get it going. It worked. Then on my 3rd. Run the steering went again and it crashed hard. I contacted arrma and got the run around. I searched the web and learned how to rr program the controller. Got the thing going and then the rest diff. Have out.
Emailed arrma support and let them know about all of this. Got a response of the basics. Sent a copy of the receipt, including the servo.and controller. They sent me a new esc. Wtf? They should have replaced the entire thing. With over $1000 spent ( car $599, batteries and a charger about $400, replacement parts about $250) and the 2 he. Drive time and 3 trios it has been a nightmare. I really want it to work right.

Sounds to me like your hobby shop doesn't know what they are doing and just tosses parts at things hoping to fix the issue. Also any Horizon Hobby retailer should not have charged you for a new replacement servo or radio as they can get a new warranty replacement for free. Them charging you was actually really shady I personally would not go back to a shop that charges for warranty issues.

I cant believe this thread made it 6 years!!
And yea sounds like the hobby store got u good.. Especially when all u had to do was rebind and program it right!! That sucks shame on them

lol...the age of this thread. But, my advice to anyone new to the hobby...know what you're getting into. These aren't Walmart toys. These are overpowered scale vehicles. They have a lot of moving parts and somewhat complex electronics. They're going to require quite a lot of maintenance, including maintenance that you really should be performing before the first time you take it out, and they're going to have a not-insignificant ongoing cost to keep them running well. You need to do your research and learn about these things before you go drop $600 on one and immediately take it full throttle across a parking lot.

Have you ever driven a stock brushed 2wd Arrma on the stock NIMH battery? That is actually about right.

The later rtr brushed vehicles included a battery.
He got 25 mph on 2s lipo.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back