ARRMA garbage!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drewski

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Well I have granite blx. I'm no longer running the stock electronics. It almost caught fire twice only running NIMH batteries with the stock esc and motor, now using a castle creations setup. My younger brother who lives 12 hrs South of me baught one as well his almost caught fire yesterday. Battery got super hot and blew the casing apart.. His servo link poped of after the second run! his diff cups are mangled after 4 runs and it came with some half ass glued tires.. I'm tired of hearing all these issues and ARRMA still selling the same poop.. You better have a supply of parts bc these things are junk and brittle. Land on the lid and crack there goes the body, cartwheel and dog bones go flying, wont turn because of junk plastic bushings motor cogs the list goes on and on. What's the point of owning one if you have to replace body mounts, deal with super sloppy steering setup, generic electronics, China made material, and piss poor solutions.. Frustrating to say the least.. I would not recommend an arrma to anyone!!

Wow! That sucks man I really like my armmas but I would recommend anyone else to go else where jus because of lack of up grade and things, but I have had my sons mega for over a year and have jus changed his esc to go brushless. The stock motor was changed months ago. It seem like their truck line is goin south fast, suck for them because it seems like the line is starting to take off, and this will kill it if they don't fix the problems!

Sounds like the mega version is where they should of stayed. Not quite so fast and basic electronics. The granite blx definitely needs an overhaul. If you think about it, no poop they are breaking more power on the same parts as the mega.

I don't want to kick you while you're down, but not everyone is having the same experience with their blx. I apparently got lucky on the electrical side as mine has been bullet proof for two seasons now even with steeper gearing and a steady lipo diet (occasionaly even 3s). I initially had some durability issues with a few parts of the chassis but they were cheap and easy to address. Currently the thing is an absolute tank and, for the most part, only breaks when I deserve it.

Maybe it is time for you to take a step back, but if not all the knowledge you need to make this a pretty capable machine is right here for the taking.

Yeh I didn't mention that I also have the BLX and I'm still running stock electronics. I didn't realize u said BLX. 2s 5000mah 2 pack a day on the week ends for the last few months. The only problems I had with the esc is I went running in mud a water and it didn't want to come on but it came on a few days later. I just don't like that they don't have many upgrades.

i got a raider mega myself i had to replace a few things bc i bashed it in the snow recently i ordered a new transmission gear bc one them spilt

Want to sell your arrma. I have no problem replacing all the electronic. Arrma seems to be the drive in the perfect conditions and have no problem. We buy them to take them to the limit. If the box says 60 were tryin to take it the first time out the box. My old kraton got stronger after each accident. The replacement parts where taking a harder beating than the parts it came with. I hit the curb with stock everthing and broke an lower a arm. I replaced it and the new peice hit the curb at 70 mph and kept going like nothing happend. Smh

I'm not wanting to start an argument with anyone, but if you are going to open the door that way, then opposing views should be equally welcome, respected and received.
I have 2 Arrma's and will be adding a 3rd soon. I've bashed the hell out of mine, busted things here and there, as expected when you run an RC hard. I've had no fires and Tower/Hobbico were receptive, friendly, helpful and nice on the only warranty item I had, and I was courteous and polite to them. But that's how I treat everyone.
It's too bad your Arrma experience is bad, perhaps you should consider a different brand or even a different hobby.

I don't necessarily have to many issues with mine as often as he does but I'm not using ARRMA electronics so my battery issues and possible fires are hopfully behind me lol.. I find the steering a joke tho really.. The body mounts are brittle and thin where they need to be beefy. I know junk when i see it. I have many hobbies I'm a carpenter by trade, I race REAL cars on the dirt track so mechanic at night.. These cars are just something to do in my down time. Arrma isn't the only brand I have. I have 4 traxxas cars a xtm mammoth and 4 quadcoptors. It's not for sale haha

I don't necessarily have to many issues with mine as often as he does but I'm not using Arrma electronics so my battery issues and possible fires are hopfully behind me lol.. I find the steering a joke tho really.. The body mounts are brittle and thin where they need to be beefy. I know junk when i see it. I have many hobbies I'm a carpenter by trade, I race REAL cars on the dirt track so mechanic at night.. These cars are just something to do in my down time. Arrma isn't the only brand I have. I have 4 traxxas cars a xtm mammoth and 4 quadcoptors. It's not for sale haha

RCing is my motivation to make down-time.
I just got a Traxxas Aton and luvin' it.
I just got the stones to try it in sport mode, puppy goes, as Mom would have said, "lickity split!"

China made material
I'm guessing you haven't been in the RC hobby for very long, because if you had you'd know that nearly every RC manufacturer has parts made in China. Arrma is no different, so that's really a moot point.

I will agree with you in regards to the stock electronics being subpar. I've seen to many members on this forum alone that have had issues, many of which repeated issues. The stock electronics are questionable at best and I've said this in the Kraton Upgrade thread already, and I would certainly recommend users swapping out the ESC with something different.

Sorry to hear you're having a bad experience and while you're certainly entitled to your own opinion I think you'll find the vast majority of users here don't share your "Arrma garbage" feelings.

So @WoodiE What do you think about the steering setup in the ARRMA 1/10 scale trucks?

Some of the cars don't go 60 right out of the box my car only does 18 and on Lipo its goes 22 if anything i would get a REVO

I've replaced the plastic bushings with bearings. That fixed some of the slop. That would be my main complaint is how much slop is in the steering.
On the plus side my new body came from towers today 13 bucks!! It's not a blx body but I thought I was a killer price:)
IMG_20160404_151552234.jpg

Yep, totally agree, too much slop. Took me $0.65 and two beers long to get her taken care of. Extra bonus, the new pins are much stronger in case you have had those break. Details here.

Like my other rc's in the past
I knew i will have to change some parts of my talion
Just by looking at the talion
I kind of have an idea what to upgrade
I have not even run it yet
I already knew i will have to change my esc
But instead of me just changing my esc hell changed the whole thing
But thats just me
Not only arrma have this kind of problems
Any other rc out there will always habe a problem
They will not make anything that is a 100% basher proof if they do
Lose money for them
My only beef with arrma
They already know something is wrong with the esc
But seems to me like they are not doing enough to replace update those esc

Still happy with my talion
Its half the fun rebuilding it making it better

Yep, totally agree, too much slop. Took me $0.65 and two beers long to get her taken care of. Extra bonus, the new pins are much stronger in case you have had those break. Details here.
I seen that you did that. I'm not having problem there. My slop in where the pin goes in the top holes those holes are sloppy and nothing there to make it better.

Hi

You could always do like me and make some pins so you can mount the STRC HD Steering Bellcrank for SC10 into your granite BLX. Unlike the stock pins that rotate back and forth, slowly grinding the plastic away, the pins I made are stationary and do not rotate. At the moment I still have some play but only because I'm still using my old top which was damaged because of the stock steering assembly, and once I get the new top plate in there wont be any play at all.

Some of the cars don't go 60 right out of the box my car only does 18 and on LiPo its goes 22 if anything i would get a REVO

Get ready to start the "spare parts train", REVOs, from what they say at the LHS, twist, break and bust a lot of parts.
But I guess that comes with the territory of any 6S RC.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back