Arrma going bust ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The main reasons for so much parts for traxxas:
1: Good marketing while selling.
2: Because of so many parts are broken!

Be honest, the Arrma cars are more stable than the Traxxas out of box.
But I agree also the problem with Arrma stock parts.
I would change an push rod end on girlfriends Nero.
No RC-dealer close to me had that part on stock! Also nothing of the recommended other brand parts like thunder tiger or losi.
I had no choice as using an Traxxas spare part to get the Nero running again....
Thats not really funny.

I remember when traxxas didn't exist. Also they were a joke. But you are right.they got themselves into every hobby store and basically created the ready to run category. They are like the Microsoft of the hobby world. They aren't the best but they got in everywhere

I hope not. This breaks my heart to see. I'm going to cancel my warranty claim on that servo, maybe that'll help a bit, haha.

Maybe I'll grab a senton too

I hope not. This breaks my heart to see. I'm going to cancel my warranty claim on that servo, maybe that'll help a bit, haha.

I'm thinking about the Talion myself. Although I don't need another! Always wanted a Talion but was always wanting the others more.

I was warming myself up to the idea of an outcast but this gives me some seriously cold feet.

The Outcast is tough as nails if you take the advice from the forum here and harden it a bit.
Besides, the form factor and overall design of the Outcast (& MT410) and market response so far give me confidence that the category of nimble, competition-ready trick MTs is gonna blow up for a while.

So Outcast has aftermarket options for most parts. The stock plastics you'd likely keep buying, like a-arms, SEEM to be produced in batches on demand (hence the constant back orders with ~6 week windows each time), so while Tower may not end up with a lot to liquidate if they wind down, retailers and eBay will.

It wouldn't take long for STRC or RPM or others to start producing the Arrma-only parts.

Finally, I'd say that the only risk is someone coming in to take the business over and run the books with a different strategy. I doubt PE raider money would be attracted to an enterprise whose best trait might be its vertical integration and market dominance.

Looking at their numbers (as posted here) it's tempting to see if they're gonna raise any equity. Hehe.

I just bought a Rise Vusion quadcopter made by Hobbico yesterday!

I was warming myself up to the idea of an outcast but this gives me some seriously cold feet.
The Outcast is an amazing truck. I would buy one regardless... (thats why I have one).

I just bought a Rise Vusion quadcopter made by Hobbico yesterday!

The Outcast is an amazing truck. I would buy one regardless... (thats why I have one).

Im curious about those Vusions. Never done any FPV stuff and only basic DIY quad builds. Lemme know how fun it is!

The outcast is awesome, no debate there. If Arrma really is in trouble, and the part supply for these vehicles dries up, they will all instantly be a good looking paper weights. To each their own, but with these rumors floating around I am not about to go double down on Arrma. My Granite is a ripper, I'll hang tight and ride out this storm with her.

None of this bothers me. Sure it would suck if they went belly up, but there are so many of these out there, that I don't think parts will dry up. I have R/C cars from my early days in the hobby and I recently bought some new parts for them. Another plus is the fact that these days there are companies like RPM who would benefit from this by making spare parts for the Arrma vehicles.

There aren't enough aftermarket parts to run these things if arrma goes belly up. They don't have parts now. Big difference between an rc10 and this

Copied from seperate thread but also relates to this one:
I feel your pain to an extent. My other RCs are HPI who got bought out by another company recently. During the transition parts have been very hard to find, been waiting multiple months for some parts.

I recently broke the shock shaft on my Outcast. I was lucky and was able to find a pair on ebay, last one at the time that wasn't marked way up. Also need shock rod ends which are also on backorder. Thanks to some other members, I think I may have found a solution there as well.

But I agree with the frustration of having to wait for parts. It seems they are filling orders rather than having them on hand, which is frustrating to us, the user. But I also understand that I paid considerably less for my Arrma vehicles than most of the others at this quality and performance. I also understand that a lot of RC companies are going through tough times right now. Many of the RC companies have countless hours of R&D only to be copied by the Chinese companies, which as a whole, is hurting the entire industry. With that being said, I'll go through any hardships and roller coasters of the companies I respect and enjoy. There's been a lot of rumors of Hobbico being in tough times right now. There lineup, especially the Arrma lineup isn't going anywhere. If by the small chance they do go bankrupt, Hobbico can shed brands like General Motors did and come out stronger. Worst case scenario, someone else will buy up most, or at least the most successful brands of Hobbico (including Arrma) and continue to sell and offer support for them. I am riding this wave, just like I did HPI's wave because I believe in the product and fully enjoy the product. But I fully believe that all will be well. Just ride the wave..so to speak.

Traxxas being sue happy right now isn't helping matters for the rest of the industry either. I almost pulled the trigger on an 8s X-Maxx before I became informed. Traxxas isn't doing the hobby any favors. I instead bought 2 Arrma vehicles that combined were still cheaper than the X-Maxx.

Last edited:
Copied from seperate thread but also relates to this one:

Traxxas being sue happy right now isn't helping matters for the rest of the industry either. I almost pulled the trigger on an 8s X-Maxx before I became informed. Traxxas isn't doing the hobby any favors. I instead bought 2 Arrma vehicles that combined were still cheaper than the X-Maxx.
I have also opted away from the X-maxx after hearing about them suing.

All this speculation is just more fuel for the rumor mill.

Arrma makes the best out of the box RTR cars, bar none. As long as they keep building them I'll keep buying them. I wish them all the best.

Thats it. If people start to worry and stop buying they will go bust !
I will stock up on parts just incase.... But i will also buy some more of their cars, Theyre just so damn good !

What I don't understand is why these spare parts are not being mass produced to keep up with demand? When someone buys a product like these Arrmas, you have a potential long time customer after their initial purchase for things like spare parts and upgrades! They must know this, as it's proven across the hobby. On a side note, has anyone looked at Towers Website for parts for other manufacturers?
I was considering buying a HaBoa Hyper SS Truggy, but looking at the parts availability turned me away! Mostly all the replacement parts are pre-order, even for the Hyper MTe Truck.

What kind of parts are people noticing are back ordered? Is it mostly plastic parts?
I know a couple of months ago on the Axial forum there was this same rumor that Axial was going under because parts were back ordered. I read Hobbico was having issues with their plastic parts supplier and had to find a new plastic supplier. I'm guessing Axial and Arrma use the same plastics as they are both owned by Hobbico and I am also guessing Axial is more popular than Arrma and so maybe that plastic shortage is just now catching up to Arrma.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back