Granite Arrma Granite 3S BLX "50MPH+"???! How?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eastwolf1228

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton 6s
I'm pretty wrapped with this little truck but I've gotten used to the power/speed now and could do with a little more.
The box says 50MPH+... which is 80kph in my country. I'm only hitting 65kph which is 40mph.
a) is my truck slow? is this all a fallacy?
b) if not, how can I get it to that speed? I'm assuming that they didn't intend you to replace any major hardware to achieve this.

Can anyone shed any light on this please?
I'm about to gear up my pinion from 15t to 18t accompanied by a Hot Racing motor mount (per Richduperbash), but I don't know what gains I'll see from this.

Yes it does reach 50, or very close to it at stock form.
Do you use a 3s battery? Do you have a long enough road to let it reach top speed? Do you test on road?

If yes to all of the above, so two things that can cause not reaching top speed are a binding in the drivetrain, or that the throttle is not calibratedp. You can tell the throttle is calibrated when a green light is lite from the ESC when you reach full throttle.

Last edited:
If you're getting 40mph on a 15t, I'm sure an 18t will get you to 50. Your speed is also dependent upon your battery, length of run, and surface conditions (grass, pavement, wet, etc.)

Yes it does reach 50, or very close to it at stock form.
Do you use a 3s battery? Do you have a long enough road to let it reach top speed? Do you test on road?

If yes to all of the above, so two things that can cause not reaching top speed are a binding in the drivetrain, or that the throttle is not calibratedp. You can tell the throttle is calibrated when a green light is lite from the ESC when you reach full throttle.
Hi there. Thanks for the response.
Running 3s 50c gensacearespammers hardpack.
Surface: smooth carpark.
Distance: maybe 50-70 meters.

I'll try full throttle, while observing the green LED and let u know what I see.

Every Granite I've seen on speed run will do advertised 50 mph.

It looks it isn’t the problem in your case, but the surface you run on can make a big difference. My little 2S granite will do 30 on a decent paved surface, but on grass and loose dirt it tops out at 20! Just throwing it out there for other folks who might read the thread: you really need to be on a reasonably smooth paved surface when testing top speeds.

Errrrr hello, this is OP here...... A little embarrassed
So I invested in a digital speedo. Turns out that my or Samsung S3 and my visual speed estimate were both very wrong
Granite is consistently getting 81kph which is 50.33mph.

They weren't lying!

Attachments

• IMG_20190510_232904.jpg
    IMG_20190510_232904.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 58
Errrrr hello, this is OP here...... A little embarrassed
So I invested in a digital speedo. Turns out that my or Samsung S3 and my visual speed estimate were both very wrong
Granite is consistently getting 81kph which is 50.33mph.

They weren't lying!
We told you so! Lol

Hi Guys

First time I’ve owned an Arrma (Granite 3s) and I can’t bleieve how well made they are, everything looks proper tough. Anyways the only negative is the manual that comes with it, not very helpful at all.

Do I have to set the fail safe ?
How do I adjective the slipper ?

These aren’t very clear at all

To adjust the slipper, remove the driveshaft and place the hex tool into the slipper. Roll the rear wheels forward to tighten or backwards to loosen

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back