Granite Arrma Granite 3s blx steering stopped working

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MWALL

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Hi,
Got bumped into a problem today while I was driving with my Granite in near forest.
Everything went just fine for about 15min, but then suddenly steering stopped working.

-Throttle was working normally forward/backwards
-Fully charged 3S lipo battery
-Nothing was blocking the servo etc.
-ESC fan was working normally, but no movement.
-All the switches/buttons are at right position in my SLT3 control.

Would reseting the ESC to factory default, fix the problem?

-MW

Possibly a cooked servo. The stock ones can be a bit hit and miss and will die without much warning.

Either that or you have a stone stuck in the chassis somewhere ... but you have checked this so sounds like a servo.

Try resetting your steering end points and see if the servo responds to that.

Possibly a cooked servo. The stock ones can be a bit hit and miss and will die without much warning.

Either that or you have a stone stuck in the chassis somewhere ... but you have checked this so sounds like a servo.

Hi,
Actually I did try to fix steering endpoints right away, but it didn't response it at all and servo is clean and manually moving by hand normally.

Do you think that resetting ESC to factory defaults do anything to it, if that steering endpoints didn't work either?

Hi,
Actually I did try to fix steering endpoints right away, but it didn't response it at all and servo is clean and manually moving by hand normally.

Do you think that resetting ESC to factory defaults do anything to it, if that steering endpoints didn't work either?

You could try. Just because the servo can be moved by hand doesn't mean it's ok IMO. But there are others on here with way more knowledge than I. I just know of the 5 Arrma 3s vehicles I've owned 3 of them have required a replacement servo. And I have 2 JX servos ready to go for when the enviable happens.

You could try. Just because the servo can be moved by hand doesn't mean it's ok IMO. But there are others on here with way more knowledge than I. I just know of the 5 Arrma 3s vehicles I've owned 3 of them have required a replacement servo. And I have 2 JX servos ready to go for when the enviable happens.
Yep. Just a bit disappointed to car quality, when i've drive with it like 5 times for now and it's car is pretty much fresh from the box. dammit.

The bad thing is that the stock servos are junk. The good thing is that your truck has a 2 year warranty and Horizon Hobby will replace it for free under warranty. But even though they will replace it, they will probably send you another stock servo. You can warranty the servo, but I would buy a new and better servo and keep the warranty servo as a backup.

The bad thing is that the stock servos are junk. The good thing is that your truck has a 2 year warranty and Horizon Hobby will replace it for free under warranty. But even though they will replace it, they will probably send you another stock servo. You can warranty the servo, but I would buy a new and better servo and keep the warranty servo as a backup.
Can you guys recommend few good servo upgrades, what you might use yourself or known to be good quality.

No. Gonna need a new 25t servo saver. The only direct fit 23t servos are Spektrum servos. But you already see how they worked out. Most aftermarket servos are 25t and require a new servo saver. You can get a ARRMA 25t servo saver or a Kimbrough 124hd servo saver.

Update for the new servo I got. My local RC-retailer offered me two options:
Replacing the broken stock servo with JX Servo DC5821LV 20KG for free or this JX PDI-HV7232MG 32KG with good discount. So 32KG it is :) What you guys think?​

Näyttökuva 2021-9-15 kello 21.57.57.png

JX PDI-HV7232MG 32KG​

Description:
Brand: JX Servo
Item: PDI-HV7232MG
Dead band: 1μs 1520μs / 330hz
Max PW:500-2500us
Angle: 180° compatible
Motor: Coreless motor
Operating Voltage: DC 4.8V-8.4V
Operating Speed: (6.0V) 0.12 sec/60°
Operating Speed: (8.4V) 0.09 sec/60°
Stall Torque: (6.0V) 26.2 kg.cm (363.83oz/in)
Stall Torque: (8.4V) 31.5kg-cm 437.43 oz/in)
Dimensions: 40.5X20.5X36mm /1.59 X0.80X1.43 in
Weight: 72g
Bearing: 2BB
Connector Wire Length: JR 265mm

Both JX servos are good servos. But the 32kg JX servo is also a HV servo that can be run at 8.4 volts and the only way you will get the full 32kg of power is to run the servo at 8.4volts. The problem is that the Granite stock ESC only has a 6v BEC and at 6v you will get 26kg of power and a 0.12 second transit speed. It's not bad at 6v, but is it worth the extra money to you? If it is, then get it. If you ever get a new ESC that has an adjustable BEC you can always use this servo with the bigger ESC. If not, the JX servo that they are gonna swap for free is an excellent servo and about twice as powerful as the stock Spektrum servo. It will definitely be great for your Granite.

Both JX servos are good servos. But the 32kg JX servo is also a HV servo that can be run at 8.4 volts and the only way you will get the full 32kg of power is to run the servo at 8.4volts. The problem is that the Granite stock ESC only has a 6v BEC and at 6v you will get 26kg of power and a 0.12 second transit speed. It's not bad at 6v, but is it worth the extra money to you? If it is, then get it. If you ever get a new ESC that has an adjustable BEC you can always use this servo with the bigger ESC. If not, the JX servo that they are gonna swap for free is an excellent servo and about twice as powerful as the stock Spektrum servo. It will definitely be great for your Granite.
Well god dammit, why didn’t they tell me the difference between those servos at the first place? 😩 This is I think crucial info what store professionals should point out for the newbie customer like me. 😒 Thank you for the clearing this out for me. 👊🏼 Appreciate it.

Well god dammit, why didn’t they tell me the difference between those servos at the first place? 😩 This is I think crucial info what store professionals should point out for the newbie customer like me. 😒 Thank you for the clearing this out for me. 👊🏼 Appreciate it.
No problem. Glad to help. Either way you go they are both good servos and way better than the stock Spektrum servo.

No problem. Glad to help. Either way you go they are both good servos and way better than the stock Spektrum servo.
Yes thanks for great info, I think I'm gonna change it to that free JX Servo DC5821LV 20KG version.
Just bought that car few weeks ago and money is already burned enough :D, so for at the moment I'm gonna drive with that Granite stock ESC. Let's upgrade stuff later in future. Maybe.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back