Granite Arrma Granite 4x4 6S BLX *V2*

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It hit the gym and the juice....shows some ‘roid rage in those videos ???.

What kind of shocks are you running? The stockers break way too much at the perch...even with the TBR bumper. Thought it took care of it but I busted another one the other night. Luckily I had a spare but it is a rear shock shaft so I need to be careful on the jumps. Bottom seems to bottom out before it compresses all the way though.

Damn man this looks great. I love a good custom build. I cant believe you wanted any more speed that what you already get!

Is that a front sway bar? - did you tap and screw the control arm? - does this help alot? I might want to do this to my own.

Your steering is it sloppy a tad? Like can you take the front wheels and move them about an half inch either way? ( I want to reduce this slop to nothing and I figure you would know how ) I feel metal tie rod balls would help since they are plastic oem.

Damn man this looks great. I love a good custom build. I cant believe you wanted any more speed that what you already get!

Is that a front sway bar? - did you tap and screw the control arm? - does this help alot? I might want to do this to my own.

Your steering is it sloppy a tad? Like can you take the front wheels and move them about an half inch either way? ( I want to reduce this slop to nothing and I figure you would know how ) I feel metal tie rod balls would help since they are plastic oem.
The sway bar was an attempt to keep the car from turning over in turns. It's not really doing anything since I put on the 1" hub extensions. I just haven't taken it off yet. The slop in the steering is directly from the wheels. They're old & have been reglued many times. But I can handle it since it's a basher. I don't feel like taking the wheels off my ProMT either. Another problem is the bellcrank. I'm waiting for HR's version. I've broken the plastic bellcrank twice right in the middle of the ackermann, & that was back when the thing was mostly a Granite.

The sway bar was an attempt to keep the car from turning over in turns. It's not really doing anything since I put on the 1" hub extensions. I just haven't taken it off yet. The slop in the steering is directly from the wheels. They're old & have been reglued many times. But I can handle it since it's a basher. I don't feel like taking the wheels off my ProMT either. Another problem is the bellcrank. I'm waiting for HR's version. I've broken the plastic bellcrank twice right in the middle of the ackermann, & that was back when the thing was mostly a Granite.

Well that sway might be helping a tad, I'm going to have to put one in. Did you get the sway from another machine or all homemade?

For the slop in the steering, and ironically you bring up the bell crank. I suspect your tires are fine, but like take them off and just grab the spindals, I am able to move mine back and forth with the slop from the bellcrank and the plastic 3 or 4 joints that occur before turning. I am really new to this hobby just 2 months now. So maybe this amount of slop is normal but I would like aftermarket parts like you mention. Check out my post I just made my Granite into a Senton its pretty cool.

These are basher cars. The steering system has to have some play or the whole thing would wreck itself during normal driving. However, if you want to race it then removing the slop is a necessity. Some of the things I do are use tiny pieces of tape in the sockets for the bearings in the bellcrank & hubs, buy ceramic bearings, & buy links with metal pivot balls. Also, get the SCT body & body mounts. The SCT body keeps air off the tires so it has less resistance. Cut the slots out in the grills on the hood & fastback to keep the air moving. Anyway, these tires were glued by me ages ago, then removed from the rim twice from strapping & unstrapping. I never bothered to balance them.

These are basher cars. The steering system has to have some play or the whole thing would wreck itself during normal driving. However, if you want to race it then removing the slop is a necessity. Some of the things I do are use tiny pieces of tape in the sockets for the bearings in the bellcrank & hubs, buy ceramic bearings, & buy links with metal pivot balls. Also, get the SCT body & body mounts. The SCT body keeps air off the tires so it has less resistance. Cut the slots out in the grills on the hood & fastback to keep the air moving. Anyway, these tires were glued by me ages ago, then removed from the rim twice from strapping & unstrapping. I never bothered to balance them.

Thanks for all the good information, Im looking for links with metal pivots now for sure.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back