Granite Arrma Granite 4x4 6S BLX

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, the rear diff gears were slipping like mad. I opened it up to check the aftermath & there was no wear. 6S is just way too much power for them. I barely ever went over 3/4 throttle. This thing can become a psycho if I don't stop brainstorming, or going crazy :p The slash's entire gearbox can fit in the bulkheads. It wouldn't take too much modding to link them up to the drivetrain . . . OR I can just be sensible & wait for Arrma to make some metal diffs.

I ran this thing like a nut for over an hour on 4S (4 5500mah packs) after the 6S video & the plastic drive components handled it beautifully. They even handled 6S :eek: but the diffs still slipped & I tried to wreck them. I was a little annoying that I couldn't :p If Arrma has any conscience, they'll give the brushless model a metal diff option.

Last edited:
Granite 4x4 6S Destroys Stampede 4x4 6S

0127181511_HDR.jpg
0127181701_HDR.jpg
0127181702_HDR.jpg

I had a little drag race with some antiquated garbage also modded for 6S. Approximately $840 went into this Stampede 4x4 & it still couldn't handle 6S power. My Granite has a little under $400 total in it :rolleyes: During the race, it snapped the front input gear @ full throttle, cartwheeled about 100ft, & smashed the lower front bulkhead @ the steering linkage. What a POS :rolleyes: He did take me off the line, but my Granite has serious make-up speed :p I passed him right b4 his dodo decided to die :eek:

BTW, I still didn't bust a diff :D

Awesome project.

The steel spur gear is over-rated.

A Baja 5B w two stroke 30.5cc KM engine, steel pinion, has a plastic spur gear. There is no slipper clutch in the drivetrain. When I bought ordered two spur gears for the fear of been left stranded at the field. Well, its not from my bashing finesse that both spare gears are still in its plastic bags. On a 1/8 nitro two speed on .21 engine, steel pinion bell, plastic two speed transmission. Those I have broken them but its because the car is so low to the ground and has no cover, its a 1/8 on-road, they all have expose drivetrain. They are meant to be for nice clean tarmac, I bash it on parking lots.

Getting back to the thread, am glad you smoked that Stampede, ja ja!

I just got the hexes in, 3 days from CA to IL. They have the slightest bit of play in them just like I hoped. They definitely made these for this type of axle. But the pins it came with are too small. Get some m2.5x17. It has pin holes for m2 & m2.5.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/4-Adapters-1-10-Car-Axle-to-1-8-Wheels-17mm-Hex-Hub-FSEN-NXT/182971107385?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

The quality is tier 1, superior cut & finish.

View attachment 14817
View attachment 14819
View attachment 14820
Will the 2.5x16.8 Arrma pins work?

I just got the hexes in, 3 days from CA to IL. They have the slightest bit of play in them just like I hoped. They definitely made these for this type of axle. But the pins it came with are too small. Get some m2.5x17. It has pin holes for m2 & m2.5.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/4-Adapters-1-10-Car-Axle-to-1-8-Wheels-17mm-Hex-Hub-FSEN-NXT/182971107385?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

The quality is tier 1, superior cut & finish.

View attachment 14817
View attachment 14819
View attachment 14820
Did you have any issues getting the pins in? I had to force mine to go in with a set of pliers. Now I’m afraid I won’t be able to get them off.

They should be tight. I had to use pliers as well. I used a 1.5mm hex screwdriver & tapped it out with the pliers when I had to replace a hub.

I used a traxxas 6x9.5x0.5 teflon washer & put it behind the pin.

The shim goes on first, then the adaptor. My kid is bashing the truck @ a park right now so I don't have any pics.

Awesome that’s what I thought but just wanted to make sure. So just to clarify you use one washer per adapter right?

What speeds are you getting?
On 6s, 62 mph Granite, 64 mph Senton. Both 17/54 gearing with the same set of strapped Jconcepts G-Locs. The Senton was a bit more stable than the Granite due to the longer wheelbase so it ended up being faster.

Hey awesome setups guys.. quick question on those adapters I have fury blx and granite blx the kids drive and was looking at those adapters... it appears that pin is the only thing holding the adapter to the axle? Has that been enough? Any issues with breakage? Thanks. Trying to get some on road tires on there cars but need 1/8 sizing

Also you guys have any experience with onroad tires? I can't find a hard enough compound to last more than 2 packs on my senton 6s or the kids 3s cars? Any help would be so so greatly appreciated

I wonder if there is anyway to fit a center Diff to the Granite? I would feel much better about running a 3S system with a center diff.

I've put together all of the part#s for the new BLX version and have ordered the spur and slipper components, but a few of them arent in stock yet.

I wonder if there is anyway to fit a center Diff to the Granite? I would feel much better about running a 3S system with a center diff.

I've put together all of the part#s for the new BLX version and have ordered the spur and slipper components, but a few of them arent in stock yet.

I don’t see a center diff fitting. Plus you would have to custom source dogbones and cups and.....yeah...no way.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back