Granite Arrma granite 4x4 blx

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With the stock fixed hole mount maybe a 20t pinion but will cog (stutter) on initial acceleration and the motor will heat up faster. Get an adjustable motor mount and try a 17t or 18t pinion. An adjustable motor mount will allow having more pinion choices. Adding a fan on the motor heatsink will help to reduce some of the heat with higher gearing.

With the stock fixed hole mount maybe a 20t pinion but will cog (stutter) on initial acceleration and the motor will heat up faster. Get an adjustable motor mount and try a 17t or 18t pinion. An adjustable motor mount will allow having more pinion choices. Adding a fan on the motor heatsink will help to reduce some of the heat with higher gearing.
It’ll definitely heat up, I put my granite tires on my senton which has 20t and it overheated in no time, Switched to the 15t out of the granite and it’s all good.

Do it have hole already
Do it have hole already

Stock gearing is about a much as you want. It gets borderline hot as it is.

So the best bet is to keep it stock
Ok if I want to upgrade to the 4s motor from arrma I do i need to do

Last edited:
Stock gearing is perfect, don't change a thing.

I have a Granite also, I was considering upgrading to 4s, but I've decided against it. Every 4s Granite video I've seen, the car is just harder to control and you're forced to drive in a very jerky fashion. You end up just fighting the extra power the entire time. You won't be able to go much faster, the Granite won't stay on the ground. The stock Granite drivetrain is well suited to the weight/stance of the vehicle. If you want 4s, my advice is get an Outcast or Kraton. You need the extra weight, wider stance, larger tires to control the power.

To upgrade a Granite to 4s, of course you need a new ESC, motor, and 4s battery. But then you'll need a metal spur gear, center driveshaft support, 17mm wheel hex, 17mm wheels, motor fan, just to prevent the car from self-destructing from the added power. A stronger servo and upgraded CVD driveshafts is probably going to be a good idea. Why spend all that money for a car you can barely control and no longer drives smoothly? Meanwhile, all that money on upgrades gets you close to an Outcast or Kraton. I've actually already made this mistake, while I never fully upgraded to 4s, I wasted alot of money thinking I was going to.

Last edited:
So the best bet is to keep it stock
Ok if I want to upgrade to the 4s motor from arrma I do i need to do

You won't gain any more speed moving to the 4s 2400kv motor without going with a bigger pinion than the stock 15t Granite pinion. The 2400kv spins 800rpms per volt (kv = rpms per volt) less than the stock Granite 3200kv motor. You move up in voltage moving to 4s but because the 4s motor spins slower, all you did was make up the difference in rpms with voltage to get the 4s motor to spin at the same speed as the 3200kv motor on 3s. The 3s 3200kv motor given 12.6 spins at 40,320 rpms the 4s 2400kv motor given 16.8v spins at the same 40,320rpms. The difference will be the 4s motor will have more torque and handle higher gearing better. You will have to gear up either way and get an adjustable mount to change the pinion without going all the way up to a 20t pinion. This is why I say get an adjustable mount, move up to a 17t or 18t pinion and get a 30mm fan to put on top of the heatsink. Work with what you got and if you still feel the need for more power move to a bigger motor and spend more money upgrading.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back