Granite Arrma granite 4x4 brushed to brushless conversion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justinpreston

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
New to arrma granite 4x4. I used to mess with nitro trucks as a teenager then got out of the hobby now back in. I have purchased a 2s zee lipo pack and run it with the stock brushed motor but it over heats the esc constantly after 10-15 minutes of use. Can anyone recommend a cheap brushless motor and esc combo to replace the stock brushed motor. I’ve looked on eBay and Amazon but I’m not sure of the size or KV rating needed. Thanks in advance

I'm currently new like you and making the same decision. I'll regurgitate some of the wisdom that others have shared. Most folks say that 4000kv or over is a bit much for 3s, while 3200-3800kv is the sweet spot for 2s zippyness without worrying too much about burning things on 3s. The other thing you may have not yet discovered is the variable of battery length... When it says 36xx, those last numbers are mm of length... You'll likely see 50mm, 52mm, and 60mm length batteries (3650, 3652, and 3660 respectively)... The 60mm has more punch than the smaller ones (all else being equal)... The 36 is mm diameter.

I've landed between 3 choices on motor / ESC. I'm going to run mainly in 2s, but I'd like the option for 3s later.

1 - The stock BLX100 (3660 3200kv) motor from Jenny's RC (kit breaking shop) that everyone seems to like) for about $90- $100 shipped.
2 - Hobbywing EZRUN 3660 4000kv paired with Max10 SCT ESC for $140 from amainhobbies
3 - Hobbywing XERUN 3660 3600kv with same Max10 ESC for $160.

My personal opinion, always error on the side of lower Kv. I run a Castle 2200kv motor in my granite and even on 2S, with the largest pinion that will fit, its plenty fast and doesn't get hot ever.

My personal opinion, always error on the side of lower Kv. I run a Castle 2200kv motor in my granite and even on 2S, with the largest pinion that will fit, its plenty fast and doesn't get hot ever.

I totally agree. I ran a 3800 KV motor and I had heat issues all the time on 3s.

I got a used senton mega. Gool rc 3800kv 4 Pole, I think the slipper is stock. I tightened it up a ton when I got it and fixed the mesh. But it feels a little slow. Is there stock slipper enough on 2s?

New to arrma granite 4x4. I used to mess with nitro trucks as a teenager then got out of the hobby now back in. I have purchased a 2s zee lipo pack and run it with the stock brushed motor but it over heats the esc constantly after 10-15 minutes of use. Can anyone recommend a cheap brushless motor and esc combo to replace the stock brushed motor. I’ve looked on eBay and Amazon but I’m not sure of the size or KV rating needed. Thanks in advance
Hey try the hobby star 3670 brushless motor and a hobby wing sc8 120a esc fast and fun

I went with a hobbywing max10sct and surpass rocket 3670 3050kv when my stock 3s blx stuff crapped out. So far been great, ive run it on 2s plenty of times, mostly 3s, and even 4s a couple times. Although 4s deffinetly got the esc pretty hot.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back