Granite Arrma Granite 4x4 Mega - Wheel Falls Off

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StevenVN

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Talion
  3. Typhon 3s
5 minutes into the kids BRAND NEW truck last night....no crash or impact...the front wheel flies off....sigh.

I'm going to get ahold of the supplier that sold it to us tomorrow morning....but...questions for you all?

Question: Is this a problem others have seen?

Question: What upgrades can be done to eliminate this problem in the future?

IMG-4343.JPG

Man..........Arrma has a bad production run of loosening Mega axles. So many have complained of this very recently. Dude not again. Well you are not alone. need to use Blue Thread locker on the screw that remains inside the composite slider shaft. Check all 4. Need a long hex driver. Wow and yours looks like brand new out the box??

Man..........Arrma has a bad production run of loosening Mega axles. So many have complained of this very recently. Dude not again. Well you are not alone. need to use Blue Thread locker on the screw that remains inside the composite slider shaft. Check all 4. Need a long hex driver. Wow and yours looks like brand new out the box??

Yes, we got it out...charged it and 5 mins into very slowly driving in the backyard...damn wheel falls off the kids brand new unit......sigh.

I also saw another fellow had a post about this today...I'm going to do some fixing now!!

Good that you searched that post. Check all 4. Use Blue TL on all 4 axles. So that wont happen again. BTW don't overtighten the wheels themselves when installing them back on after the axle repairs.. Some additional food for thought. (y) :cool:

Good that you searched that post. Check all 4. Use Blue TL on all 4 axles. So that wont happen again. BTW don't overtighten the wheels themselves when installing them back on after the axle repairs.. Some additional food for thought. (y) :cool:
7B80CB67-D796-4012-AB8A-F37EC70A8350.jpeg

So to be clear...is it the pin in the hub that need to be loctite into the Center of the spline as it is pushed back together?

Attachments

• F097CEB0-E423-40AE-AB0A-D60FD1551E2E.jpeg
    F097CEB0-E423-40AE-AB0A-D60FD1551E2E.jpeg
    165.9 KB · Views: 54
OK, its tight for now....2 new parts needed now...

When the wheel fell off it pulled the threads on the drive spline....and tweaked the screw threads that you access down the driveshaft...

Parts AR310784 (drive spline) and AR310780 (axle shaft) have to be ordered now...

Going to talk to the place i bought it from tomorrow on this one.

Thanks for the help everyone!

If you are here in the States, a call to Horizon Hobby should set you straight under warranty. Just an idea. That was a Mfr. defect during assembly for sure. Others with the same issue have popped up recently. No fault of yours...
You know the parts/and numbers. They should oblige IMHO. Your call.:cool:

5 minutes into the kids BRAND NEW truck last night....no crash or impact...the front wheel flies off....sigh.

I'm going to get ahold of the supplier that sold it to us tomorrow morning....but...questions for you all?

View attachment 90758
Horizon Hobby will take very good care of you since they have the best customer service of any other hobby shop that I have bought from!
I would upgrade to the #GPMRacing front and rear knuckles like I did on my 3s Typhon build.
1596458177574.png

1596458271393.png

The wheel nut fell off of my Kraton 4S after around ten minutes of driving. The other three were so tight that the plastic tool that came with the car was not strong enough to remove them.

Yes some Arrma rigs wheels are on way too tight that wheel hub and axel damage occurs. I would immediately call HH to get warranty replacments. My Limitless wheels were on so tight new out of the box, I needed a 3/8 ratchet and 17 mm socket to get them off. (and it was still a bear to do) Even the wheel hubs were crushed, wheels were out of round and distorted. Even one wheel bearing was damaged. But discovered that later and replaced. it That's how tight they were installed during Mfr. All the related parts were compromised, not just the wheels. They use power tools to assemble these RTR's at a very fast rate. Ask HH for new wheel nuts, axels and wheels. That's what I did. Check your wheel hub bearings also for crushed shields.
BTW left side wheels tend to loosen first. Which wheel loosened? Drivers side or pass side (L or R)? Just curious.
The very very first thing I do when I open any new Arrma RTR is remove all the wheels. This has happened twice to me. (6S Kraton and my Lim.):cool:

Last edited:
Yes some Arrma rigs wheels are on way too tight that wheel hub and axel damage occurs. I would immediately call HH to get warranty replacments. My Limitless wheels were on so tight new out of the box, I needed a 3/8 ratchet and 17 mm socket to get them off. (and it was still a bear to do) Even the wheel hubs were crushed, wheels were out of round and distorted. Even one wheel bearing was damaged. But discovered that later and replaced. it That's how tight they were installed during Mfr. All the related parts were compromised, not just the wheels. They use power tools to assemble these RTR's at a very fast rate. Ask HH for new wheel nuts, axels and wheels. That's what I did. Check your wheel hub bearings also for crushed shields.
BTW left side wheels tend to loosen first. Which wheel loosened? Drivers side or pass side (L or R)? Just curious.
The very very first thing I do when I open any new Arrma RTR is remove all the wheels. This has happened twice to me. (6S Kraton and my Lim.):cool:

If you are replying to me, the left front wheel came off. I have noticed that all of my wheels have a lot of play even after holding the turnbuckles and tie rods steady. I’ll have to look closer to see if the bearings are crushed. This is my first real RC, so I’m not sure what is normal. I already had to submit a warranty claim for the slipper that will hopefully ship this month.

Some wheel slop is normal.(rocking the wheels) Some of that may be dialed out with shimming. Others may chime in who did this.
I just mentioned this because normally the left wheel nuts will want to loosen due to the left side counter clockwise rotation.

View attachment 90758

the silver piece would go into this piece here: https://www.hobbytown.com/arrma-4x4-mega-cvd-wheel-axle-2-ara310868/p775217

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back