Granite Arrma Granite 6S Vs Arrma Siren 6S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Megasty How does the Siren rank all time for fun factor with you? Is it really as great as it seems it would be watching @Thomas P videos and reading his and your posts? Does it end up with enough ground clearance and such?

With the rear arm mod, its a killer..and for the weight its just a few 100gr less then a Typhon, i run stock aprings and 32.5wt rear and 35 front and without a doubt my siren is the best in ma whole fleet regarding setup.

A rundown video on the Siren

Running videos will follow with tire carnage :D

Arrma Siren 6S BLX Wheelie-fest :eek:

Just testing out some RTR tires. Crappy HPI Savage Flux tires first, I tired to make them go BOOM!! :p They went CRACK!! instead :eek:

I had to make it up to her, so I got her the best :D

Now it's time to do something about that wing mount :rolleyes:

That thing looks seriously fun!! It appears throttle control is of the utmost importance!!

That thing looks seriously fun!! It appears throttle control is of the utmost importance!!

Yes, the larger tires causes it to bounce a lot when backflipping. The crazy thing can do a double standing backflip with the punch on 5 :eek: its been on 1 :rolleyes: But I'm still trying to handle 1 :p Maybe the blx185 could tame it down a bit.

Yeah, or maybe just 4s :)

It looks good with the Outcast wheels/tires. I love the at will wheelies, regardless of speed!

I'm still bad @ one-handing it. I need to go on & mount my phone somewhere or splurge on a GoPro :D

Buy a cheap "Selfie stick" - The camera mount normally unscrews from the stick with a 1/4x20 thread screw (camera tripod standard) Then get a short 3/8" long 1/4"x20 screw, and an old baseball / trucker hat, drill a 1/4" hole in the brim, and screw the selfie camera mount. Presto, $5 head cam mount.

Buy a cheap "Selfie stick" - The camera mount normally unscrews from the stick with a 1/4x20 thread screw (camera tripod standard) Then get a short 3/8" long 1/4"x20 screw, and an old baseball / trucker hat, drill a 1/4" hole in the brim, and screw the selfie camera mount. Presto, $5 head cam mount.

I actually did this b4 phones had better camera sensors the typical action cameras & all the head & chest mounts were too expensive. My V20 is focus trigger happy but it can take MUCH better videos than my GoPro Hero 3, & I don't want to spring for a new one. I have found a silly way to mount my phone to the transmitter so I'll try that (It'll work with the hat too :p).

Wait, how did you add the bump for the front diff lower down on the typhon chassis or did I miss something....

might have to convert my typhon soon :)

Wait, how did you add the bump for the front diff lower down on the typhon chassis or did I miss something....

might have to convert my typhon soon :)

I heated up the area with a blow torch, sat the ball end of a ball pein hammer on it & knocked it a few times with another hammer until it took shape.

Do you know if it is necessary, because if you look at Thomas P's thread, his chassis has no bump...

TP used a dremel and ground down the notch in the metal. It's in one of his videos I believe, it'd necessary to so something or the diff will hit the chassis.

Do you know if it is necessary, because if you look at Thomas P's thread, his chassis has no bump...

I accidently flipped a diff once and didn't catch it till I put a battery in. It would spin by hand, but drug enough that on power, the center diff just sent all the power to the other end, and the rear wheels didn't spin at all, just got drug across the ground... That was a real "What the What?" moment...

It's a clearance issue. While it might not hit or rub the chassis when turning it yourself, the conditions change significantly when the car is in motion.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back