Granite Arrma Granite 6S Vs Arrma Siren 6S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Megasty

RC Mod-Father
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Mojave
  6. Mojave EXB
  7. Nero
  8. Notorious
  9. Outcast 8s
  10. Outcast 6s
  11. Senton 6s
  12. Talion
The Arrma Granite 4x4 is an awesome 1/10 monster truck for beginners & very upgradeable for enthusiasts. So I upgraded it to be able to instantly eat it's poor plastic diffs :eek:

However, there's been a true 6S capable 1/10 monster truck in existence for over a year. It was created using a modified SWB chassis which the front end was cut down exactly 34mm to match the 1/10 monster truck wheelbase. This allow for the drivetrain rear dog bone to be use in the front. @Thomas P named this demon the Siren.

0115181104.jpg

0115181109.jpg

Chassis comparison between the Siren & V3 Typhon​

His escapades can be found here:

https://arrmaforum.com/threads/uswb-truck-by-tpparts-rcxtreme.2420/

I don't know how much guesswork & trial 'n error he had to deal with, but thanks to him my tub of parts turned into a monster truck in 3 hrs. I screwed on the Granite 4x4 body mounts just because they fit & I wanted to use the Granite body ;)

So how does the Granite stack up to this demon . . .

0116180213.jpg

Granite Left, Siren Right
0116180214.jpg

Same ground clearance & body ride height

0116180217a.jpg
Same length minus the bumpers & wheelie bars
Granite is 15" L x 13" W, Siren is 15" L x 15" W
0116180221.jpg

Both chassis are packed tight
As far as the driving experience goes, the Granite feels like suped up toy compared to the Siren. The Granite has growing pains while the Siren is the best 1/10 monster truck I've ever driven. I've took on the Stampede, the Pro-MT 2WD & 4x4, Redcat MT10e, & many other forgettables in this category. I even modified most of them for peak performance & the Pro-MT 4x4 barely holds a candle to it, while the Granite is a distant 3rd.

The way the Granite handles OoB tells you Arrma knows what they are doing. The fact that it can be overly upgraded with little thought while nearly handling it speaks highly about the platform, plus it's the easiest to work on by leaps & bounds :D

On the other hand, the Siren is the Senton 6S of monster trucks, underrated, overlook, & nearly unknown even on the modding scene. They share the same platform which is overkill for the scale. But, like the Senton 6S, it would blow away the entire monster truck scene if they simply picked up the transmitter :eek:

Attachments

• 0116180213.jpg
    0116180213.jpg
    691.6 KB · Views: 64
  • 0116180214.jpg
    0116180214.jpg
    568.8 KB · Views: 49
Thanks. The truck is just eye-popping. I have friends that have 6S Stampedes from speedrunning that we bash now. I sold mine so they give it to me when their silly trucks are ripping around my other pitiful 1/10 MTs. Enter the Siren, landing double standing backflips & is 1000X more stable at speed than the Stampede. Then it can turn on a dime @ speed w/o flipping. They already want one. So there might be 2 more in the works :D

Mqte is it ok if i quote you on

Siren is the best 1/10 monster truck I've ever driven. I've took on the Stampede, the Pro-MT 2WD & 4x4, Redcat MT10e, & many other forgettables in this category. I even modified most of them for peak performance & the Pro-MT 4x4 barely holds a candle to it, while the Granite is a distant 3rd.

Thanks. The truck is just eye-popping. I have friends that have 6S Stampedes from speedrunning that we bash now. I sold mine so they give it to me when their silly trucks are ripping around my other pitiful 1/10 MTs. Enter the Siren, landing double standing backflips & is 1000X more stable at speed than the Stampede. Then it can turn on a dime @ speed w/o flipping. They already want one. So there might be 2 more in the works :D

Looks great Megasty, did you use all of the Typhon suspension, just shorten frame plate and add big wheels/tires?

This looks like it might be a great "project" to attempt and end up with a smokin 6s 1/10 scale.

TT

Mqte is it ok if i quote you on

Siren is the best 1/10 monster truck I've ever driven. I've took on the Stampede, the Pro-MT 2WD & 4x4, Redcat MT10e, & many other forgettables in this category. I even modified most of them for peak performance & the Pro-MT 4x4 barely holds a candle to it, while the Granite is a distant 3rd.

Thomas, absolutely great idea. In the first video on the forum thread you say you used a Kraton base plate, did you mis-speak and mean Typhon? Also, you said you used Kraton part of something else, but I can't figure out what it was you said.

Thanks,
TT

Looks great Megasty, did you use all of the Typhon suspension, just shorten frame plate and add big wheels/tires?

This looks like it might be a great "project" to attempt and end up with a smokin 6s 1/10 scale.

TT

Thomas, absolutely great idea. In the first video on the forum thread you say you used a Kraton base plate, did you mis-speak and mean Typhon? Also, you said you used Kraton part of something else, but I can't figure out what it was you said.

Thanks,
TT

The shocks are from a TD DEX8 but they are the same size as the Typhon, they came on the Typhon roller I snagged on eBay. I used Kraton rear springs on all four with 2k cst oil. I used another SWB chassis to line it up. Cutting the chassis & drilling it was pretty straightforward but I used like 5 small vice-grips to make sure the chassis didn't move while I was tracing the front end & re-drilling the holes.

Here's how it should look
0116181359.jpg

You only need to re-drill the RED X holes
0116181413.jpg

Thanks for those pics, that helps big time.

Ok, now to keep an eye out for a good priced Typhon roller :)

Do you use a rear center drive shaft for the front?

Yes. It seems strange that milling the chassis down 34mm made it have the Granite's wheelbase while having the 82mm rear dogbone fit the front perfectly. It almost seems like it was pre-designed to fit like that for manufacturing & supply purposes . . . . Arrma ;)

Yes. It seems strange that milling the chassis down 34mm made it have the Granite's wheelbase while having the 82mm rear dogbone fit the front perfectly. It almost seems like it was pre-designed to fit like that for manufacturing & supply purposes . . . . Arrma ;)
If only hobbico was not having their issues.... Seems the new Proline MT is selling well, Arrma could have the Siren to market in no time at all. 3 new parts - chassis, wheels, front chassis brace, and done. Granite 6s BLX, just to confuse things... LOL

A $450-500 Siren would obliterate the 1/10 monster truck market. I would personally go to Texas to dig the Stampede's grave right in front of Traxxas HQ :p I like my Pro-MT but it NEEDS a metal spur to be in the same league as this thing. As for the Granite, metal spur & diffs - period, done. Then it can be the Siren's little brother all day.

If only hobbico was not having their issues.... Seems the new Proline MT is selling well, Arrma could have the Siren to market in no time at all. 3 new parts - chassis, wheels, front chassis brace, and done. Granite 6s BLX, just to confuse things... LOL
That would actually be awesome as hell. The only issue I see is that the name is too obvious that it's different. Maybe Granite 4x4 High Voltage? HAHA

That would actually be awesome as hell. The only issue I see is that the name is too obvious that it's different. Maybe Granite 4x4 High Voltage? HAHA

Naming for Arrma hasn't always been its strong point. Obviously the BL versions will be the Senton 4x4 BLX & Granite 4x4 BLX. But going back to the 2WDs there was a Granite, Granite BLS, Granite Mega, Granite BLX, & now Granite Voltage Mega :rolleyes:

Yeah, but we got a Senton 6s BLX and a Senton MEGA plastic fantastic.... Why can't the Granite owners have some of that fun too? LOL

We could have -
Granite Mega
Granite Voltage STS
Granite BLS
Granite BLX
Granite Mega 4x4
Granite 6s BLX 4x4 (Siren)

And I think we all expect the current 4x4 chassis to get a brushless release soon (assuming the Hobbico circus does not interfere) so then add -
Granite BLX 4x4

Edit - Got Ninja'ed by Megasty... LOL

Last edited:
I was being sarcastic and trying to think of a name that would get the most confused with existing and 100% different models LOL. The worst I think will be the Senton if they come out with brushless versions of these. We will have Senton 6s BLX and Senton 4x4 BLX and not to mention that the Senton 6s BLX is ALSO 4 wheel drive.

A $450-500 Siren would obliterate the 1/10 monster truck market. I would personally go to Texas to dig the Stampede's grave right in front of Traxxas HQ :p I like my Pro-MT but it NEEDS a metal spur to be in the same league as this thing. As for the Granite, metal spur & diffs - period, done. Then it can be the Siren's little brother all day.

@Megasty How does the Siren rank all time for fun factor with you? Is it really as great as it seems it would be watching @Thomas P videos and reading his and your posts? Does it end up with enough ground clearance and such?

@Megasty How does the Siren rank all time for fun factor with you? Is it really as great as it seems it would be watching @Thomas P videos and reading his and your posts? Does it end up with enough ground clearance and such?

The Siren is pretty much a SWB Truggified Typhon. It sorta drives like my Outcast w/ mx38s except it's much more nimble. The heavier shock oil & Kraton springs extend the shocks better & allow for more ground clearance, a few mm's more than the Granite. You really have to drive the thing to know how good it is. As for all time fun factor, I'll put it up there with my Kraton & Outcast for top 3.

Yeah, I'm debating between buying a (Kraton or Outcast ) and building a Siren. Ultimately I'll do both in the next year or so, but just trying to decide, some of the places I'll drive is not very large, so a nice 6s 1/10th scale would be nice.

Even though this hobby is new for me, I've been bitten and really like it, it's a good stress reliever (both driving and wrenching)!!

I would personally go the RTR route first b4 ripping one up. I had plenty of modding experience with Losi, Team AE, Redcat, Axial, & TraxxASS b4 Arrma came along but I still had to own a few of them b4 these heavy modders tempted me enough. It was also easier since I owned all these cars & spares to not have to buy any parts. Although I still learning on the fly that I'll probably never need all these spare parts. I could rebuild 3-4 cars with these parts & still have a ton left over.

I would usually wreck the other brands every 4-5 runs, need parts, not have them, then be stuck waiting. So I stocked up on parts with spare change. I have 13 Arrma cars in total, 8 of them being 1/8. Out of all 8 of them, I break close to a part every 1.5 months :eek: Axial, 4 of them, was 3 parts a month. The rest were write-offs @ least once a month . . . & I would just bury the TraxxASS junk except for the X-maxx :rolleyes:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back