Arrma Granite BLX (2016) broken rear A-arm & Hinge Pin

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SleepyG

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Hi Guys,

Got my new MT last week from Modelsport.co.uk
Truck is a beast! I was playing with it the other day with my first 2s Lipo pack and I had a high speed impace (30mph) it hit a pot hole and the Rear A-arm has come out, but the Hinge Pin that holds in this A-arm has snapped in half and my dog bone has come out.

Is this an easy fix & I was wondering if anyone had a video tutorials on replacing such pin? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am a newbie and would like to get this resolved so I can do some more bashing over the xmas holidays period.

I have ordered the following parts:
- AR330146 - HD Hinge Pins
- AR310771 - Dog bone(s)

Just need to figure out how to proceed once I receive the parts, I don't want to break anything :/

Craig

20161220_001547.jpg
20161220_001504.jpg

I just broke mine ...the same one...did u repair it? I ordered pins...was it hard?

Mine backed it's way out, but I caught it. Was bent bad but was able to straighten it out and reinstal. Need to keep an eye on that one pin, tends to work its way out.

Mine backed it's way out, but I caught it. Was bent bad but was able to straighten it out and reinstal. Need to keep an eye on that one pin, tends to work its way out.
Yeah I had to replace pin,and install small washer with hold down screw..need uogrades!!!

Hi Guys,

Got my new MT last week from Modelsport.co.uk
Truck is a beast! I was playing with it the other day with my first 2s Lipo pack and I had a high speed impace (30mph) it hit a pot hole and the Rear A-arm has come out, but the Hinge Pin that holds in this A-arm has snapped in half and my dog bone has come out.

Is this an easy fix & I was wondering if anyone had a video tutorials on replacing such pin? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am a newbie and would like to get this resolved so I can do some more bashing over the xmas holidays period.

I have ordered the following parts:
- AR330146 - HD Hinge Pins
- AR310771 - Dog bone(s)

Just need to figure out how to proceed once I receive the parts, I don't want to break anything :/

Craig
sleepyG- there's two screws below that holds the arms,loosen them up but don't totally take them out of the bottom part of truck. And also the screws that holds the body of truck and battery compartment, get a small flat screw driver and gently pry open the plate that holds the arms. Keep it like that so you can slide the arms back into position. Then push in the HD pins part number AR330146. Use a small pin that you pulled out to push the new pin all the way in and with the included screws add a little thread glue and do not overtightened them. You can tell by moving the arms after you install them back, it should be able to play easily. I hope it works for you cause I replaced my sons arms pin twice in less than two months with the same stock (silver pin)and ended up buying the HD pins. Those should work for a few runs, they we're intended for BLX. Good luck -

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back