Granite Arrma granite blx 4x4 v3 steel spur gear

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billy p

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Hello, I have the Arrma granite blx 4x4 v3 and I want to buy the Arrma steel spur gear for it. Me slipper set of the plastic spur gear is in perfect condition. Should I buy a steel spur gear slipper set or only the steel spur gear?

Me personally would stick to the plastic spur gear. If something goes wrong the plastic gear will give in, it is a controlled break zone. If you put a steel gear in everything breaks when it goes wrong.

Me personally would stick to the plastic spur gear. If something goes wrong the plastic gear will give in, it is a controlled break zone. If you put a steel gear in everything breaks when it goes wrong.
I have already changed to aluminum driveshafts and aluminum Diffs. The only plastic gear is the spur. Every other thing from the motor to wheels is metal/steel/aluminum

What drive shafts are you using? Can’t find any good ones. I also just got a metal spur and diff from hot racing.

4s Arrma platform uses the steel spur. Its a toss up between longer life steel or just replace the cheap ones more often. I finally got an order in for the Arrma cvd shafts After a long back order. I assume they are better than the stock but have not installed them yet.

I'd avoid steel; something in that driveline has to be a weak point if something goes wrong; I'd rather replace a plastic spur gear than something else and they are cheap. I personally think the Pinion gear being metal and the spur being plastic is beneficial since plastic is usually naturally lubricating in a way. Steel on steel I would recommend a lubricate since that'll build up heat quickly.

4s Arrma platform uses the steel spur. Its a toss up between longer life steel or just replace the cheap ones more often. I finally got an order in for the Arrma cvd shafts After a long back order. I assume they are better than the stock but have not installed them yet.
What do you mean with CVD shafts? Driveshafts? From which company?
What drive shafts are you using? Can’t find any good ones. I also just got a metal spur and diff from hot racing.
I use gpm aluminum driveshafts. I have not yet problems with them but if they break or something, my next choose will be hot racing driveshafts

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back