Granite Arrma Granite BLX Motor Mount Screw Removal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WIZARDRC

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Hello everyone recently my Arrma Granite was making an obnoxious noise from the motor area. Turns out the Red Motor Mount was slightly bent. The main issue I have now is there was so much factory loctite one of the screw heads completely sheared off when I was manually unscrewing it.

Any tips for how I can get this screw out of the motor can itself?
And are there any aftermarket motor mounts anyone can vouch for so I don’t bend this piece again? I know it seems to be a known weak point.

0992760C-2248-43A2-9865-2E3C820B993C.jpeg
B74233F1-A068-42F6-9CA0-3AF6265A8CEC.jpeg

Hello everyone recently my Arrma Granite was making an obnoxious noise from the motor area. Turns out the Red Motor Mount was slightly bent. The main issue I have now is there was so much factory loctite one of the screw heads completely sheared off when I was manually unscrewing it.

Any tips for how I can get this screw out of the motor can itself?
And are there any aftermarket motor mounts anyone can vouch for so I don’t bend this piece again? I know it seems to be a known weak point.

View attachment 88169View attachment 88170
Never had a motor screw snap like that. Must have been caked in TL. I would grab either the Arrma or HR adjustable motor mount. They are close enough that either one is fine. There is also one on eBay now that is silver and has been said to be almost identical to the HR mount. None of them are perfect. All are 6061. If there was a 7075 mount I would buy it instead but so far no one want to make one.

I could not get mine out no matter what I did, so I filed it down flush and used a different set of holes to mount the motor, just be careful how you rotate the motor so that the electrical leads do not get in the way of the drive shaft.

I could not get mine out no matter what I did, so I filed it down flush and used a different set of holes to mount the motor, just be careful how you rotate the motor so that the electrical leads do not get in the way of the drive shaft.

Yeah it seems destined that’s what will have to be done with mine. I’ve heated it about 5 times so far with a little bit of wd40 and nothing. I’ll try a little more and then if not file it down like you said

A mini butane torch should be all you really need. If that don’t get it done, dremel it flat.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back