Premium members don't see ads. Click here to upgrade.

ARRMA GRANITE BLX Tires Came Apart

slider162

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Granite
I have been running 2S since January and just ran my first 3S pack today. My 8 year old was having fun out in the yard when this happened. I'm trying to figure out what happened? Is this normal? Are there better tires out there that won't disintegrate?

Attachments

Mongoose

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
, 4x4-Mega
Doesn’t surprise me. Mine split on bad landing and have punctured easily.

I like how the tires feel but they are too soft for the high rpm’s and rocky terrain.

My next set will be Proline MX2.8’s with HR 17mm hex +10mm offset adapters.

EC5B1CBB-D817-4EE6-8CEA-7AB0F3876360.jpeg

8927D4C9-696F-4A04-B0EA-318F63C6268E.jpeg

Edit - I’m going to patch the tear with fiberglass tape and Bob Smiths Rubber Toughened Glue and see how they do. I don’t have the money for new kicks right now.

https://www.amazon.com/IC-2000-Rubber-Toughened-1oz-Adhesive-Glue/dp/B002N507I0

slider162

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Granite
Wasn't even a bad landing. Just running in the yard (grass). I'm kind of leaning warranty, but I don't want the same if it is just going to happen again. I'm not interested in offset. Just something that will last longer than 5 minutes.

BLXLyfe

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Granite
warranty. the truck is advertised as 3s, you should be able to run a full 3s pack through it without stuff like this happening.
to be fair, we've got 2 of these trucks and we've cracked one rim from a wall clip. i even have these tires on another truck without issue

Mongoose

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
, 4x4-Mega
Yeah, mine haven’t separated like that. I’d definetly warranty it. They are good tires. They’re soft, grip well off-road and slide well on road. I cracked that wheel a few weeks ago and it has been holding up fine but I was pretty perplexed when it ripped. I landed from about 6’ in the wheelie position directly on that wheel off throttle and in the grass. I heard it pop and couldn’t believe it when I saw it. Just one of those things I guess.

Actually, now that I think about it I’m still in warranty until January!

jondilly1974

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
4x4-Mega, Granite
I have been running 2S since January and just ran my first 3S pack today. My 8 year old was having fun out in the yard when this happened. I'm trying to figure out what happened? Is this normal? Are there better tires out there that won't disintegrate?
Mine have held up to 3S pretty well, but they balloon too much, so I’ve moved on to better tires. I installed the HR 17mm hubs with 10mm offset and now can use all the ProLine and GRP wheels. I also have some Duratrax too.

NewToArrma

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Granite, Kraton 6s, Typhon 6s
Never had any issues with my tires, been running 3s from day 1. Definitely warranty them. even if you are planning on buying after market wheels and tires you can use these as spares.

Jerry-rigged

Have you seen my LVC?
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
4x4-Mega, Kraton 6s, Typhon 6s
Stock tires are decent, but tries are a consumable. Get used to replacing them, no need to cry Warranty every time they die.

I am using Duratrax Lockups MT on my Granite. The come on 14mm hex rims, so no adaptors needed.

Premium members don't see ads. Click here to upgrade.