ARRMA GRANITE BLX Tires Came Apart

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slider162

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
I have been running 2S since January and just ran my first 3S pack today. My 8 year old was having fun out in the yard when this happened. I'm trying to figure out what happened? Is this normal? Are there better tires out there that won't disintegrate?

Attachments

• IMG_20190609_205840.jpg
    IMG_20190609_205840.jpg
    394 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_20190609_205848.jpg
    IMG_20190609_205848.jpg
    234.3 KB · Views: 117
Doesn’t surprise me. Mine split on bad landing and have punctured easily.

I like how the tires feel but they are too soft for the high rpm’s and rocky terrain.

My next set will be Proline MX2.8’s with HR 17mm hex +10mm offset adapters.

EC5B1CBB-D817-4EE6-8CEA-7AB0F3876360.jpeg

8927D4C9-696F-4A04-B0EA-318F63C6268E.jpeg

Edit - I’m going to patch the tear with fiberglass tape and Bob Smiths Rubber Toughened Glue and see how they do. I don’t have the money for new kicks right now.

https://www.amazon.com/IC-2000-Rubber-Toughened-1oz-Adhesive-Glue/dp/B002N507I0

Wasn't even a bad landing. Just running in the yard (grass). I'm kind of leaning warranty, but I don't want the same if it is just going to happen again. I'm not interested in offset. Just something that will last longer than 5 minutes.

warranty. the truck is advertised as 3s, you should be able to run a full 3s pack through it without stuff like this happening.
to be fair, we've got 2 of these trucks and we've cracked one rim from a wall clip. i even have these tires on another truck without issue

Yeah, mine haven’t separated like that. I’d definetly warranty it. They are good tires. They’re soft, grip well off-road and slide well on road. I cracked that wheel a few weeks ago and it has been holding up fine but I was pretty perplexed when it ripped. I landed from about 6’ in the wheelie position directly on that wheel off throttle and in the grass. I heard it pop and couldn’t believe it when I saw it. Just one of those things I guess.

Actually, now that I think about it I’m still in warranty until January!

I have been running 2S since January and just ran my first 3S pack today. My 8 year old was having fun out in the yard when this happened. I'm trying to figure out what happened? Is this normal? Are there better tires out there that won't disintegrate?

Mine have held up to 3S pretty well, but they balloon too much, so I’ve moved on to better tires. I installed the HR 17mm hubs with 10mm offset and now can use all the ProLine and GRP wheels. I also have some Duratrax too.

Never had any issues with my tires, been running 3s from day 1. Definitely warranty them. even if you are planning on buying after market wheels and tires you can use these as spares.

Stock tires are decent, but tries are a consumable. Get used to replacing them, no need to cry Warranty every time they die.

I am using Duratrax Lockups MT on my Granite. The come on 14mm hex rims, so no adaptors needed.
Hi! where are you finding these with the 14mm hex rims. Im only seeing 17? Thanks!

NEVERMIND, found them! haha

i've had multiple issues with the dBoots tires. straight up ripping across the tire or the foam sneaking out at the rim. i'm currently looking at upgrading but haven't decided which tires i'm going to get yet

Make sure you check them for beads coming unglued. Also vent them if you haven’t already. I use MX28 Badlands and love them, but even expensive ProLine tires need glued now and then. Unless you have bead lock wheels, checking tire beads should be on your list of frequent inspections.

I learned also. The beads are not glued completely or with enough. I check after every run, all four tires between runs. Makes the difference. Reduces blow outs and damaged tires. I catch beads starting to release before epic fails. Saves $ on frequent replacements.These are 6S BFLIPS off my 6S Kraton. They were vented and balanced. In all fairness they have about 10 packs through them. But had so much bite left in them
20190815_183639.jpg

20190815_183609.jpg

They will break before they get bald. Always.:LOL:

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back