Granite arrma granite blx whinning noise

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vv1o_o

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
My arrma granite has a loud whinning noise thats annoying, thought it was the spur gear but everything looks fine,The diff was just replaced before the running of the whine.

Do you have a video of said noise?

Does it make the same sounds while going in reverse?

Yep that's the sound the slipper clutch makes. Should squeak at the start and then catch if it just squeals without stopping it's too loose.
Oh I guess I must’ve done it too loose I’ll re adjust it in the morning nd let u know how it goes

Yep that's the sound the slipper clutch makes. Should squeak at the start and then catch if it just squeals without stopping it's too loose.
I'm not home rn but I just remembered yesterday when i took the slipper out it was completely tightened so I Loosened it. The car was still making that noise while it was tightened, could the slipper pads be worn down from running it fully tightened ?

Could be,. The slipper should squeak at the start but if you're holding the gas for more than 2 seconds and it's still squealing, it's loose. If you can still wheelie on 3s and you haven't noticed any loss of power, than I'd just let it go and have a spare set of pads ready for when the old ones finally give up.

Better for the slipper to be a little loose than too tight. Pads are cheaper than diffs, and drive shafts 👍

That video sounds fairly normal to me. If it's accelerating and not slipping and spinning, it's fine.
I replaced the diff cup right b4 doing this run( the teeth were chewed up) it sounded fine for the first half of the run the second half i heard it and stopped to look at it for a min.
Could be,. The slipper should squeak at the start but if you're holding the gas for more than 2 seconds and it's still squealing, it's loose. If you can still wheelie on 3s and you haven't noticed any loss of power, than I'd just let it go and have a spare set of pads ready for when the old ones finally give up.

Better for the slipper to be a little loose than too tight. Pads are cheaper than diffs, and drive shafts 👍
okay i think ill just go ahead and have an extra set around, didn't notice any power loss just the noise was weird

I replaced the diff cup right b4 doing this run( the teeth were chewed up) it sounded fine for the first half of the run the second half i heard it and stopped to look at it for a min.

okay i think ill just go ahead and have an extra set around, didn't notice any power loss just the noise was weird
well figured out the noise today, the spur gear and pinion gear lost their mesh AGAIN. still confused why it was making that noise gonna try and buy a fixed motor mount to fix the issue then hopefully no major issues for a while after that.

well figured out the noise today, the spur gear and pinion gear lost their mesh AGAIN. still confused why it was making that noise gonna try and buy a fixed motor mount to fix the issue then hopefully no major issues for a while after that.

Needs loctite. Red loctite. It's metal on metal and the motor gets hot. If blue doesn't stay then you need red. If you buy a fixed motor mount, you're counting on QC getting the holes perfect and there's no room for adjustment.

Anything that moves and is metal or gets hot I use Red Loctite, other than the wheel nuts which get blue and "gently" torqued with a rachet. 😂

Needs loctite. Red loctite. It's metal on metal and the motor gets hot. If blue doesn't stay then you need red. If you buy a fixed motor mount, you're counting on QC getting the holes perfect and there's no room for adjustment.

Anything that moves and is metal or gets hot I use Red Loctite, other than the wheel nuts which get blue and "gently" torqued with a rachet. 😂
ive been using blue so maybe i should move up to red, and i can't find those fixed motor mounts either seems there discontinued. thatnks for all the help will pick up red loctite sometime this week and well see how it goes from there.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back