Arrma granite blx

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johntweet

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
So I’m having problems with my granite blx esc, At least I think that’s my problem. So my motor has just started jerking really bad and from what I’ve read and seen on here it’s probably gonna be the esc.. So I’m wondering if there’s a way to reset it or do I just need to get a new esc?? Thanks In advance

Have you been running in water or snow? Sounds like it got wet. Check for moisture all around the ESC and check all the wires for corrosion and poor solder joints. This could be a five min fix if you can find it.

Yea I had it in snow so that’s probably it. I’ll check everything out, thanks
That is fine, but it might have some residual water somewhere, like in the fan pins. I would remove the ESC and put it someplace dry and warm for a day and hope it dries out. I would place it on a heat vent if you have forced air at home.

Alright I’m gonna go check everything and I’ll put the esc on a vent and hopefully that will solve the problem, at least I know it’s the esc for sure. I’m new to the hobby so I wasn’t sure if it was my drivetrain or not

Alright I’m gonna go check everything and I’ll put the esc on a vent and hopefully that will solve the problem, at least I know it’s the esc for sure. I’m new to the hobby so I wasn’t sure if it was my drivetrain or not
You're welcome. While you're at it, you might want to check the rest of the metal parts for water/rust. The sooner you attack the rust, the better. Get some silicone based spray (PB Silicone, WD40 Silicone, etc) and some super fine steel wool and get it all cleaned up. Add some grease to the bearins if still running stock ones. I like to blow off as much snow and water with an air compressor immediately after running and then spray the crap out of it with the silicone spray. Usually turns out fine.

Worked for me multiple times for components that arent advertised as waterproof - cleared/washed with de-ionised water, put rice in a jar set component on top, sealed the jar. Put the jar on a heater and multiple times a day spun the jar and as such used centrifugal forces to move left over water around ...

Worked for me multiple times for components that arent advertised as waterproof - cleared/washed with de-ionised water, put rice in a jar set component on top, sealed the jar. Put the jar on a heater and multiple times a day spun the jar and as such used centrifugal forces to move left over water around ...
The rinse and heat probably was what helped. ??‍♂️

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back