Arrma Granite brushless conversion.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy K

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi

I am looking to convert my sons brushed Mega Granite to brushless (he wants more speed!!). I was wondering apart from the electrics is there any other upgrades I should do for the more powerful motor? Input gear diffs etc. I'm sure this has been asked many times before but I am new to the forum, any help and advise is much appreciated. I will be running the truck on 2s.

Thanks

Andy.

It’s a slippery slope upgrading to brushless. I always caution people to carefully consider just buying a BLX instead. That will change with the V3 models, but on the V1&2 units, there is easily $150 difference in parts to upgrade to get it to the 3S level.

It’s a slippery slope upgrading to brushless. I always caution people to carefully consider just buying a BLX instead. That will change with the V3 models, but on the V1&2 units, there is easily $150 difference in parts to upgrade to get it to the 3S level.
Thanks I wish I had got the BLX in the first place.

I'm in the same boat and I decided to buy a new Granite V3 and keep the Mega for parts.

I didn't do a very careful calculation, but buying the motor + ESC + slipper assembly + input gears + diffs will be expensive. If I pay an additional 120$US or so for a new V3 3S truck, I'll get a better radio and a lot of replacement parts (chassis, body, A-arms, wheels, shocks, drive shafts, servo, adjustable motor mount, sealed bearings, etc).

I simply see more value in buying a new 3S trucks. I am in Canada however and shipping from Jenny's is more expensive for us than it is for you people based in the USA.

iam in same boat I run the mega on 3560 on 2s with blx slipper. just get the v3 u don't need the blx diff's if u run 2s only. u do need the input gear.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back