Arrma Granite Differential

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LunchBox

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Now I'm about to get this differential back together!

Attachments

• 14462422477831914923375.jpg
    14462422477831914923375.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 72
I bought all the parts but the pins won't fit in the out drive cups.....is this a problem they have or do you think I have the wrong out drive cup!

Hi

I'm moving the response from your previse question to here. I hope you don't mind.

Answer: I think you have the wrong out drives, looking at your picture you can see that the number 310008 for the out drives you have are those of the older style out drives. The older outdrives had smaller pin holes.

Arrma Differential OLD vs NEW - The Improvements
http://forum.goforit-rc.com/showthread.php?761-Arrma-Differential-OLD-vs-NEW-The-Improvements

Here are the part numbers for building a updated one.

AR310416 ARRMA Differential Gear Idler Gear Set
AR310378 ARRMA Differential Gear Maintenance Set
AR310399 ARRMA Gear Differential Outdrive
AR310020 ARRMA Gasket Diff Case

Hi

I'm moving the response from your previse question to here. I hope you don't mind.

Answer: I think you have the wrong out drives, looking at your picture you can see that the number 310008 for the out drives you have are those of the older style out drives. The older outdrives had smaller pin holes.

Arrma Differential OLD vs NEW - The Improvements
http://forum.goforit-rc.com/showthread.php?761-Arrma-Differential-OLD-vs-NEW-The-Improvements

Here are the part numbers for building a updated one.

AR310416 ARRMA Differential Gear Idler Gear Set
AR310378 ARRMA Differential Gear Maintenance Set
AR310399 ARRMA Gear Differential Outdrive
AR310020 ARRMA Gasket Diff Case
I belive I ha E gotten the wrong out drives the hole is way to small..... and also they are not long enough!

It seems they have made some modification in the differential.... they used Traxxas jato spider gears and outdrives...the also made mods to the smaller gear shafts to allow room for the e-clips on the outdrive
20151103_193104.jpg
20151103_193111.jpg
20151103_195130.jpg
you see here they grinded down the shafts on two sides to allow room for the e-clip on the out drive
20151103_195159.jpg
20151103_195353.jpg

I am so glad I found this forum! I have a new Granite BLS on the way from Tower. And I am concerned with the plastic diff gears. Could this work as an upgraded diff for my pos BLS one?
Please help me! I see the internal gears are metal. However the outers are plastic. I'm hoping to get a mamba set up for it in the near future and I know it will shred the plastic gears pretty quickly.
Thank you in advance

I am so glad I found this forum! I have a new Granite BLS on the way from Tower. And I am concerned with the plastic diff gears. Could this work as an upgraded diff for my pos BLS one?
Please help me! I see the internal gears are metal. However the outers are plastic. I'm hoping to get a mamba set up for it in the near future and I know it will shred the plastic gears pretty quickly.
Thank you in advance
The bls is fully compatible to the blx..... this is a mod in my diff......I'm still running the plastic rear end gears the mod is because they had no differ gears available at the time so they used some Traxxas parts!

Okay gang.. I cracked open the diff in my BlS granite. Found only a few drops of red grease and 2 of the inner gears missing. I was only barely able to get the truck to drive straight. Because the diff would break and I'd get a 1 wheel drive effect that would send my Granite into a spin at full throttle. So.. I scrapped out the miniscule ammount of stock grease. And filled it with engine stop leak additive from the auto parts store. It was thick as honey! Then I used marine grease and some liquid gasket to seal the diff .
And now I love the way it handles! I get zero heat issues running the stock nimh. However I am going to test it out with my 30c 2s lipo thats on the way. I will post a running video soon. For now tho. I will leave you with this pic.

Attachments

• 1451772125842-650258153.jpg
    1451772125842-650258153.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 39
Hi

I don't think you were missing any gears, it only has 2 small gears and 2 bigger gears in it, if you were missing two your RC would not be able to move. I'm pretty sure you saw the picture of the 6 gear "Modification" I did, it's not stock, it should be but its not.

Hi

I don't think you were missing any gears, it only has 2 small gears and 2 bigger gears in it, if you were missing two your RC would not be able to move. I'm pretty sure you saw the picture of the 6 gear "Modification" I did, it's not stock, it should be but its not.

Exactly. . There should be 6 total gears in there.. however with the plastic outer gears on the BLS version. I think adding the other two planetary gears would be a bit too much hookup ya know.
I did see your mod pics. They were very helpful. I plan to run this diff as is until it strips. Then I will either do an hpi conversion. .. or attempt to install the blx diff . Not sure yet.

I will also probably go with a Hobbywing brushless setup once this one dies. Or when I'm ready for more power. I know castle is prefered however. I am also looking to get a 1/8 scale truggy. So my hobby $ will be tight.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back