Granite Arrma granite driveshafts

MCFCLen

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Granite
I keep having my driveshafts pop out.

i am not soft on my granite by any means so I am more them happy to fix stuff when it breaks. But these keep popping out on me.looks like The driveshaft joint where it sits at all 4 wheel keeps wearing down so they pop out. Someone’s it pops out near the diff.

will these for my granite blx?

https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXGYRS&P=7

if not does anyone have any suggestions on aftermarket driveshafts?

thanks guys!

MCFCLen

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Granite
Anyone bought these? Haven’t found many reviews that were a month or so in.

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Kraton 4s, Typhon 3s
Anyone bought these? Haven’t found many reviews that were a month or so in.
A couple here bought it they had no issue to report from what i remember ussualy when driveshafts pop out is a clutch too tight the holes on my old kraton 4s driveshafts were so badly stretvhed but they never popped

bicketybam

RC Grand Champion
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
BigRock 4x4, Granite, Infraction, Kraton 8S, Kraton 6s, Kraton 4s, Mojave, Notorious, Talion, Typhon 6s

i am not soft on my granite by any means so I am more them happy to fix stuff when it breaks. But these keep popping out on me.looks like The driveshaft joint where it sits at all 4 wheel keeps wearing down so they pop out. Someone’s it pops out near the diff.

thanks guys!
I run them on my BRCC. Really good quality. If you are constantly popping the stock shafts, you might want to loosen your slipper a hair.

GRC

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Granite
I have not had my driveshafts pop out, but I did upgrade to the CVD driveshafts when I broke an axle. The CVD driveshafts are held in by a set screw that the stock driveshafts do not have. Should help prevent them from popping out as often.

Downside, they are heavier, a bit noisy, the slight crackling sound of the metal bothered me at first, and they are expensive. I'm quite happy with them overall, but at the same time, I don't know if they were a necessary upgrade. You may want to try loosening the slipper and applying some loc-tite to the stock driveshafts first if you want to save the money. But if money is not a problem I think they should help.

Krackar

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Granite
I can't find the set anywhere in Aus, only the driveshafts and axles separate. Do you need the cvd axles with the cvd driveshafts?

Jerry-rigged

Have you seen my LVC?
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
4x4-Mega, Kraton 6s, Outcast 6s, Typhon 6s
I have them. Be aware that the set screw is threaded thru plastic, so don't over tighten it.

Other than that, I like them!

Aloring3

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Granite

thanks guys!
How do you pop it back on? Mine fell off today and I’m scared I’ll break the plastic or bend it causing it to fallout easier.

Aloring3

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Granite
You can put it back in but the driveshaft is likely weakened and will pop out again
Is there a good trick to get that “U” shape lined up with those 2 pins? I was thinking about trying to spread the “U” with needle nose pliers.

GRC

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Granite
Which end popped out?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Kraton 4s, Typhon 3s

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.