Granite Arrma granite ESC issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peterk572

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Mojave EXB
  4. Senton 3s
Hey guys, I got my son a granite 550 mega. After a couple times that he played in the snow the ESC is flashing red when I connect a battery and the switch is still in the off position. When I do hit the switch to on it still just flashes. Any suggestions?!

Don't run in the wet anymore! For starters.
Just one idea.
They are not truly WP. Despite what it says.
Hopefully others will help more to diagnose better. 👍
I will guess that you bricked the ESC.
Water and electrics don't mix.
Many here on AF came here stated the exact same thing happened in the water/snow. Countless times as of late. Not alone.
Just me. :cool:

Mine is bricked from running in the snow in less than 2 months use. Horizon is taking care of replacing it but they are 3-4 weeks away in getting them back in their warehouse. I bit the bullet and just ordered a Hobbywing Max 10 SCT for mine so I can get back to bashing. I figure I will keep the BLX100 as a spare if I need it.

I happen to have a Mega ESC lying around... not sure if the flashing red light signifies more than one issue, but it seems to suggest it isn't receiving a signal from the receiver. Do you have steering? When you hit the throttle, does the red light come on?

I happen to have a Mega ESC lying around... not sure if the flashing red light signifies more than one issue, but it seems to suggest it isn't receiving a signal from the receiver. Do you have steering? When you hit the throttle, does the red light come on?
Steering yes but no throttle. When I turn the power on the truck jumps forward a few inches but doesn’t respond to the throttle
Don't run in the wet anymore! For starters.
Just one idea.
They are not truly WP. Despite what it says.
Hopefully others will help more to diagnose better. 👍
I will guess that you bricked the ESC.
Water and electrics don't mix.
Many here on AF came here stated the exact same thing happened in the water/snow. Countless times as of late. Not alone.
Just me. :cool:
Just sucks they claim it’s waterproof. Just disappointing

Open the RX box and take a look at the RX very closely. take it out . Look at the connections. Is all dry and corrosion free? Also, try disconnecting the Servo altogether and check the throttle.. Check the motor. remove it. Does it spin by hand smoothly. Lube the bushings while you have it out. Look closely for corrosion. The brushes may be fouled out. Spray with an electrical contact spray. Check the motor connections. Wipe them down with contact cleaner. Re insert. Use Di-electric grease on those connections if you have some. Just some ideas and how to maintain the motor. Use a DV Meter to check for power at the ESC motor leads while throttling. What are volts? steady volts etc.?
This WILL happen again in the wet.🤷‍♂️ You are Not alone. Trust me. HH can warranty it. 2 years with a receipt. You will be down for a while. They advertise it as WP. Don't understand why. Maybe to make us buy parts. IDK. Been doing this for 30+ years. No RC is WP. I am a fair weather driver with these rigs. In the wet and snow my rigs sit idle till the weather gets better. A bit of mud and a splash here and there is fine. But snow can be like driving under water . Electrics will always fail. Servo's and all. Your ESC may be fried now, but the servo may fail later on same for the Rx.
Sorry.:(

Last edited:
Open the RX box and take a look at the RX very closely. take it out . Look at the connections. Is all dry and corrosion free? Also, try disconnecting the Servo altogether and check the throttle.. Check the motor. remove it. Does it spin by hand smoothly. Lube the bushings while you have it out. Look closely for corrosion. The brushes may be fouled out. Spray with an electrical contact spray. Check the motor connections. Wipe them down with contact cleaner. Re insert. Use Di-electric grease on those connections if you have some. Just some ideas and how to maintain the motor. Use a DV Meter to check for power at the ESC motor leads while throttling. What are volts? steady volts etc.?
This WILL happen again in the wet.🤷‍♂️ You are Not alone. Trust me. HH can warranty it. 2 years with a receipt. You will be down for a while. They advertise it as WP. Don't understand why. Maybe to make us buy parts. IDK. Been doing this for 30+ years. No RC is WP. I am a fair weather driver with these rigs. In the wet and snow my rigs sit idle till the weather gets better. A bit of mud and a splash here and there is fine. But snow can be like driving under water . Electrics will always fail. Servo's and all. Your ESC may be fried now, but the servo may fail later on same for the Rx.
Sorry.:(
They really need to actually make these things waterproof like they state on everything lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back