Granite ARRMA Granite Mega 2WD no braking

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prakash721028

Reaction score
My ARRMA suddenly does not brake ie the wheels do not lock like it did the last time when i moved the throttle to the back completely. It just comes to a slow halt then reverses ? I am a newbie to this so appreciate the help.

Welcome to AF.
Get your manual out. Try to reset your ESC, then Recalibrate your Radio (controller) to the ESC .
BTW, what model radio is it? That STX2??
Also, when your motor gets too hot, braking diminishes to some extent. Need more information to know for sure. But follow above (reset and re-calibrate first. Others may chime in later.
:cool:

This is the Voltage version, it doesn’t have calibration.

There’s 2 options,

either the “lo” dial was set too low on the remote (this control the throttle endpoint on the reverse end), try to set it higher. It is used to set the brakes amount.

Or your esc is gone, happened to mine after a year. Manual says “ESC is faulty” in this case.

@Yonic , excellent point. TH endpoint affects braking. You end up with premature reverse as well. Dials are easily jarred and have to be adjusted here and there. My 10 yo does that all the time. I set his Radio up and when we go out he moves the dial and his rig gets whacked out. I tried to teach him how to do it. But he is young and never gets it. Oh well, these things can happen. Even to me. But I use a DX5C. less chance for that. (y)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back