Granite arrma Granite Mega 4x4 brushed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr Pain

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Granite
I have the granite mega 4x4 brushed and want to upgrade the motor and ECU , what are some good combos I can install to upgrade to a 2s- 4s lipo?

Switch to the blx if you look at my post on granite build questions you can see what im running

I have an Orion Vortex combo in it. but think about to get the Spurgrear from the 4s line, the plastic on in our mega wont last long :)

I have an Orion Vortex combo in it. but think about to get the Spurgrear from the 4s line, the plastic on in our mega wont last long :)

or at least the mod.8 spur setup from the 3s line.. ?.. gonna have to change the input gear setup as well, it will be shearing the splines off of them at some point..✌

If you want to run 3s/4s, look for a bigger motor with lower KV. The Hobbywing MAX10SCT with 3662 combo in 3200kv would be great on 3s, but a bit high KV for 4s - you would need to gear down a lot.
https://www.amainhobbies.com/hobbyw...3660sl-motor-combo-3200kv-hwa38010200/p607213

Another good combo would be the Castle 1415 2400kv. You could run this motor on the Castle Sidewinder SCT, or with the MambaX- Good KV for 4s, but I think the long 74mm motor may have too much torque for a granite.
https://www.amainhobbies.com/castle...-w-1415-sensored-motor-cse010-0160-01/p578320

And, the cheap option would be to buy a BLX120 combo off the ebay kit breakers.

Last - Expect to upgrade the motor mounts, slipper, and diffs to the BLX versions, and maybe the driveshafts to the HD CVDs.

What all do I need to buy for the BLX Slipper? It's hard to find one all assembled. I bought a 3900 kv Brushless motor and 120 amp esc, metal input gear, 17 tooth pinion and a better servo. Am I on the right track? Where can I buy an aluminum adjustable motor mount that will accept a 17 tooth pinion? I'm assuming if I buy a BLX Slipper, the 17 tooth pinion won't mesh with it?

Is that 17t pinion a 48p or a 32p? The BLX spur is 32p, the mega is 48p.

Lots of stuff is out of stock now, thanks to Covid. If you don't mind cutting, you can make the Mega motor mount work, just figure out what set of mounting holes are the closest, and slot one of them to make it adjustable. I did this, ran it like that with a 32p spur in the pre-blx days.

To buy parts for the BLX slipper, just look at the exploded diagram, Highlight every part, and look it up. Sometimes several part has the same number because they are sold as a set.

Is that 17t pinion a 48p or a 32p? The BLX spur is 32p, the mega is 48p.

Lots of stuff is out of stock now, thanks to Covid. If you don't mind cutting, you can make the Mega motor mount work, just figure out what set of mounting holes are the closest, and slot one of them to make it adjustable. I did this, ran it like that with a 32p spur in the pre-blx days.

To buy parts for the BLX slipper, just look at the exploded diagram, Highlight every part, and look it up. Sometimes several part has the same number because they are sold as a set.
I'm wondering if I could somehow beef up the Mega motor mount by adding a piece of metal or aluminum with some holes cut out. The only places that have the BLX Slipper in stock are selling them for $70. Jenny's RC has them out of stock for $33.

Did you have any issues with the single slipper plate that is on the Mega? I suppose I could buy extra slipper plates and replace them if and when they wear out until I can afford to buy a BLX Slipper assembly or all the parts. I took mine apart yesterday just to see all the parts that are in it. Will the 32 spur fit inside the mega motor mount and Mega slipper plate?

I just bought a 4000kv 3s brushless and esc combo by hobby wing and changed the pinion from 14 to 26. HPI racing has good set of metal spurs but yet to assemble and run. I am waiting on Arrma aluminum motor mount plate. If the slipper won’t hold up I am planning on getting myself blx drive setup again through HPI. Wish me luck. I am trying to push it 80mph+ ?
I'm wondering if I could somehow beef up the Mega motor mount by adding a piece of metal or aluminum with some holes cut out. The only places that have the BLX Slipper in stock are selling them for $70. Jenny's RC has them out of stock for $33.

Did you have any issues with the single slipper plate that is on the Mega? I suppose I could buy extra slipper plates and replace them if and when they wear out until I can afford to buy a BLX Slipper assembly or all the parts. I took mine apart yesterday just to see all the parts that are in it. Will the 32 spur fit inside the mega motor mount and Mega slipper plate?
I bought 32 by mistake and found out the shaft won’t fit the hole. So no, you will need blx 32 slipper. On the other hand if you have a good 3D printer and PC or strong Nylon material you could print your own. I designed my gears and am waiting on PC filament to come in.
I just bought a 4000kv 3s brushless and esc combo by hobby wing and changed the pinion from 14 to 26. HPI racing has good set of metal spurs but yet to assemble and run. I am waiting on Arrma aluminum motor mount plate. If the slipper won’t hold up I am planning on getting myself blx drive setup again through HPI. Wish me luck. I am trying to push it 80mph+ ?

I bought 32 by mistake and found out the shaft won’t fit the hole. So no, you will need blx 32 slipper. On the other hand if you have a good 3D printer and PC or strong Nylon material you could print your own. I designed my gears and am waiting on PC filament to come in.
Correction “print your own spur with 32p or 0.8mod that fits the mega shaft”

The Mega slipper has two real issues when you put a lot of power thru it - first is the red plastic nut, with super fine threads. To get enough pressure on the slipper, you have to make it VERY tight. I would fully compress the spring, plus a bit more. But the limit is is nut, as it will strip. Problem #2, when you get the balance of pressure on the nut, so that it is VERY tight, but not stripped, then the aluminum slipper yoke breaks at the cross pin.

Mind you, I was doing all this before the BLX slipper were released. And I was trying to run a BLX185 combo. LOL Here is what several of us were doing - If you can't get the BLX slipper, doing the Yeti mod may hold you over for a few months till the BLX stuff is available again.

So how would i upgrade miy mega slipper clutch I have stock diffs and HD input gear. I am trying to run it on 3s. So if anyone know a way to keep the 17t gear the same but have the slipper upgraded.

So how would i upgrade miy mega slipper clutch I have stock diffs and HD input gear. I am trying to run it on 3s. So if anyone know a way to keep the 17t gear the same but have the slipper upgraded.
did you watch the Yeti Mod video I posted? That is the upgrade, if you want to stay with the Mega slipper, but run a 32p spur.

If you want to stay with a 48p spur, you can get the Hot Racing metal 48p spur, it should hold the power.

did you watch the Yeti Mod video I posted? That is the upgrade, if you want to stay with the Mega slipper, but run a 32p spur.

If you want to stay with a 48p spur, you can get the Hot Racing metal 48p spur, it should hold the power.
That’s what I got. I am waiting on some more parts. Probably will receive them Tuesday. Will post a video after I run it. I don’t have a temp gun... may be I will have it by then ?

this is becoming a money pit ?

Then what pinion should i get? And also i would the HR spur but people said the nuts for the slipper strips if you try to have it tight

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back