Granite Arrma Granite Mega 4x4 clicking noise when steering.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JSwope

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Granite
Tonight I was running my recently purchased Arrma Granite Mega, and started hearing clicking noises coming from the truck when I would cut hard left. I still have steering, but it clicks. Any ideas?

That noise could be due to a loose screw on the steering linkages, steering rack, bell crank or servo arm. I would check those first

Otherwise it could also be a split plastic gear in the servo itself

Ok thanks, I’ll go through and check. Question, how will you tell if a bearing goes out? I ordered new sealed bearings from fast eddies.

When bearings wear out, the inner race becomes less precise and wobbly and will eventually break down, releasing the balls ?

If they're not maintained properly by not cleaning and greasing them, especially after running in water and fine sand, they could rust and seize

You'll know if a bearing wears out if there's too much play on what the bearing is supporting. I would personally keep running stock bearings until they wear out, then you have some more reliable rubber sealed ones ready to go in ?

Last edited:
Tonight I was running my recently purchased Arrma Granite Mega, and started hearing clicking noises coming from the truck when I would cut hard left. I still have steering, but it clicks. Any ideas?
You may also want to check the steering endpoint adjustment on your transmitter so you don’t hit the servo arm on the chassis.

I got a Granite Mega a week ago and have ran it everyday twice to three times per day. Today I started to notice a clicking sound. I have ran it in water, mud, gravel. It also seemed like my run time was not as strong or as long. Ill try it again tomorrow and time it. It very well could have been a normal runtime because my son was racing with me and he always has me doing something for him. Out of the box it was very quick but it isn’t as fast as it was a week ago....like all the posts say....I should have paid the extra $80 and got brushless because I already want faster!

Are you cleaning up the truck after each use? I use my air compressor to spray it off, We don’t want water laying around and rusting the metal parts. Upgrade your battery, the stock battery is fine, and good for a back up. Upgrade to a 2s LiPo, you will get more speed. I’m looking at getting another truck. Probably go with the Granite BLx.

I have a 2S LiPo I use. It started off really fast when I put the 2S in. No I don’t really clean it after each use. Squirt it with the hose to get the dirt off and sometimes will shop vac the pebbles out of the inside. I’ll try the air compressor. Thanks for the tip.

definetly an end point issue.. all of the rigs out of the box have more servo throw than bellcrank movement.. the steering assembly binds, the servo is then trying to pass through the bind, taking teeth out on the gear set.. if you were to hit something fairly hard while the servo is bound its more likely to pop teeth.. end points should be set on any rig..?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back