Arrma Granite Mega or Stampede?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evolutionpixelrc

Reaction score
I am a Traxxas fanboy yeah yeah yeah lol Currently have a slash and rustler.. but, after doing some research I am thinking about getting the granite mega brushed over the stampede 2wd is this worth the 30-40 difference? Any issues with the brushed granite? thanks.

It's a good truck, just don't use LiPo batteries with the brushed. The motor won't past long. Otherwise it's great.

I have granite mega with lots of upgrades and castle sct brushless and the kid has stampede xl5 4 wheel drive. Imo Traxxas makes a MUCH better truck in every way plus the aftermarket is there for the Traxxas.. Reason I have a lot of upgrades on my mega is because every time I drive it, it breaks. Both armma and Traxxas eat up brushed motors with 2s or 7 cell. Other sons raider brushed motor last long time but he uses 6 cell. Imo if your used to Traxxas, and you have a similar experience to me you will be disappointed with the granite.

It's a good truck, just don't use LiPo batteries with the brushed. The motor won't past long. Otherwise it's great.
If you're going to run with LiPos, I recommend breaking in the motor first. I have a small collection of burned out 540/15Ts emblazoned with the Arrma logo, but since I've been running them in first I haven't replaced a single one. Just hook up the loose motor (I made an extension) to your ESC and drop it into a tall glass half filled with water and run it at around 1/2 speed for 10 minutes. It will ensure that your brushes wear in properly and won't break apart with the LiPos.

* correction, I'd forgotten, I have replaced one since the LiPos, but on two trucks which get run quite a bit, I can definitely say they are lasting much longer after a proper break in.

Last edited:
So, in my personal view, I have had many different brand of RC's over the 4 - 5 years that I've been in this hobby. I personal have not yet owned a 1/10 2wd Arrma but My friend has a BLX Granite and a Mega Granite. I have a 1/10 2wd VXL Slash and my oldest son has a XL-5 Stampede (Now brushless) and I like the looks of the Arrma more, but have not seen them go head to head but twice. The BLX broke a rear link on the 3rd run, but that's it, fast truck and handles pretty good also.. The Mega seems to be the same as my son's xl-5 in many ways, but the Traxxas does not come with bearings, and I believe the Mega does, and metal dog bones also a plus. Everything will break, doesn't mater the brand, plastic, metal, or aluminum!!!

I have also heard about people running lipo's in the Mega's and saying that are not good to use lipo's with, but I feel that it's also about how they use it, the amount of power the lipo is putting out that also has to do with how good or long the esc last, but that's just my thinking on this issue. It really comes down to your personal option on which one is best for you!! Very important to let the brush motor break in at a low speed as the guy said above!! I would to the water or just use the throttle trim knob to power the motor while running it at a low speed for at least 15 minutes, or so. Or the water break in .is good also

I did just get my first Arrma about a month ago, 1/10 Arrma Senton 6s SCT, which I like but needs better tires, only used it 3 times so far though, but loving it!! My friend also has 2 Kraton's and 2 Nero's, which are some seriously awesome RC's!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back