Arrma granite mega overheating

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baloyi2212

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi All

I have a stock arrma granite brushed running on 2s lipo which I love. I have couple of batteries but sometimes I’m suffering with overheating! Any advice? Also I have had to clean it down a few times as running it a lot on dirt so cleaned out slipper clutch etc any recommendations on oil? And how much to put in as don’t want to over oil?

thanks in advance

Since you're running on dirt, it may be time to clean and re grease your bearings, or replace them. Also, it's a good idea to let the system cool a down a little before putting in another battery. Multiple batteries back to back without a cool down period may be causing it.

The Motor ESC combo on the MEGA 4x4's is known to overheat on Lipo... Sorry. The system does better on Nimh.

Slipper - don't oil it! It should be run dry.
Ok cheers thanks for that ??
Since you're running on dirt, it may be time to clean and re grease your bearings, or replace them. Also, it's a good idea to let the system cool a down a little before putting in another battery. Multiple batteries back to back without a cool down period may be causing it.
Ok cheers I have read there are better bearings??

Yes! Just went through that! We got better runs on Nimh. LIPO lasts too long and just gives too much power to the motor and burns them out. We went through 2 before we upgraded. We upped the gear ratio big time and ran problem free on Nimh but burnt motors in 2 sessions with 2s Lipo. We were using a 50c so maybe a lower discharge rate might help, but Lipo and brushed motors seem like torrid but short relationshipsm

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back